Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly question, but if the criticisms are that serious . . . why not direct them at Nick through all the usual channels and expose him for the clown he is to others who simply don't know?
We have and I have too in the Facebook groups but in one particular group One sixth news and reviews the admin ( Bruce) is a fan of a certain Odell Young 🤣 who believes that he is the guy who made it all happen and says that he is friends with Nick. So whenever I made a post about this Nick fellow and the way he is running this release and promotion of this figure Odell runs to admin crying and it's deleted.

Given we know the creators and people behind the scenes I don't see any reason to believe that it will be any lesser in quality to your typical release from KP collaborating with this artistic team.

I know Nick has ruffled a few feathers here with his unconventional advertising approach and the lack of pre-order deposit but this still looks like a good release to me and the price is not wild either. I've wanted a figure of this version of Rambo for ages and was willing to spend a lot going the custom route. Inigo on the sculpt is great, just the sculpt alone from Inigo for one of his private runs would set you back 80-100 usd unpainted (after shipping). If it's not quite up to my standards then I will have the sculpt re-painted (the eyebrows on the render Inigo posted look better positioned than the proto paint work) and possibly tweak other things as it progresses.

I think it's a pretty cool collaboration between Sly and this team as it sounds like they can more or less release any of Sly's main characters from any movie.

I would say one of positives about the newer photos is the eyes look a lot better. Everything else appears to drop in quality though :(

Given we know the creators and people behind the scenes I don't see any reason to believe that it will be any lesser in quality to your typical release from KP collaborating with this artistic team.
Nobody here has doubted the artistic/production team but other factors. I can think of a couple of reasons: what if the director imposes a tighter-than-normal budget for the final production of the figure? What if the director limits the possibilities of the production team to maximize profits even at the cost of poorer quality of the final product? The team is experienced but the director is a newcomer, and he is the one who decides. For example, he has decided that these figures will not be distributed worldwide and that they must be paid in full months before their release, contrary to everything that is currently being done. Also the director has clearly decided long ago that these figures, while it may seem otherwise, are not specifically or primarily aimed at the 1/6th scale hardcore market, so he doesn't have to worry too much about what that hardcore collectors considers optimal either. KP as a brand would not be compromised by a mediocre result, because it's no longer accredited anywhere, and the artists have a wide recognition in the community so that, if the figure doesn't turn out as expected, they will be excused because the prototypes were great and the final result doesn't depended directly on them. It's not the first time we've seen this.

- - - -

I remember when they sold this for 250$:

sssr.jpg

Last edited:
We have and I have too in the Facebook groups but in one particular group One sixth news and reviews the admin ( Bruce) is a fan of a certain Odell Young 🤣 who believes that he is the guy who made it all happen and says that he is friends with Nick. So whenever I made a post about this Nick fellow and the way he is running this release and promotion of this figure Odell runs to admin crying and it's deleted.
--

Interesting. I didn't know.

I have Odell on my block list. What a . . . he is IMHO.

I believe in earned and rightful acknowledgment/credit.

The KP team does not deserve let alone earn the criticisms that have been directed at them lately by those who don't know the facts and nuances of the situation.

The bottom line that is clearly obvious is that the idiot Nick is the root cause of the discord occurring.

You know what the issue really is and the reason for the backlash, it's because a clown( Nick) is running and ruining the show. KP wouldn't post those phone camera photos of a figure that hasn't been released yet, that's why Fabio has never been involved in such negative comments.

KP would post official photos on social media and that would be the end of it until the figure is in customers hands then they could post their own photos.

But Nick ruins it with his photos which are shared by collectors on forums and fb .
Silly question, but if the criticisms are that serious . . . why not direct them at Nick through all the usual channels and expose him for the clown he is to others who simply don't know?

Please stop calling him a clown. 😭 :LOL: Call him a jerk or something.

Now that looks a lot more like what I saw in the Stallone unboxing.

That's the production version.
Not worth $260, but it's not a disaster.

Far from "the best 1/6 figures ever made," though. There are ten year-old figures that impress me more and cost less, not to mention had less noise in their marketing.

Now that looks a lot more like what I saw in the Stallone unboxing.

That's the production version.

Although the video image is not very good, based on the flag patch, the position of the pockets in relation to the buttons and the shape of its lapels, it seems that it is indeed the production version (edit: or a previous prototype, who knows, but probably product version):

fbsss-4.jpg

How is that not a disaster for $260? :lol
Eh, it's an average figure. Should've cost $220 or less, but there's nothing glaringly wrong with it.

If it were a disaster, I wouldn't buy it for any amount of money, even if preordering was free.

The only thing putting me off getting this is having to pay all the money upfront.
--

I want the Stallone Cobra figure, but the incompetence of Nick, the $ up front, and the perceived or real concerns about the prototype to production varying . . . but especially the sanitary napkin antics of Nick justifies me not buying into it.

I'd rather spend the $ on a custom offered by a proven and respected customizer than buy the official release.

Inigo Gil
I have been personally involved in the project as an artist exclusively so my perspective is obviously biased, as I have worked on the portrait sculpt. But haven’t been seeing any picture of the product apart from the released promo shots, try not judge it from a single, low quality and poorly illuminated cellphone photo. Kaustic Plastik has a baggage of good works over the years. Don’t know why this one would be different.

Inigo Gil
I have been personally involved in the project as an artist exclusively so my perspective is obviously biased, as I have worked on the portrait sculpt. But haven’t been seeing any picture of the product apart from the released promo shots, try not judge it from a single, low quality and poorly illuminated cellphone photo. Kaustic Plastik has a baggage of good works over the years. Don’t know why this one would be different.
--

I doubt anyone is "blaming" Kaustic Plastic.

It's Nick. You guys are suffering indirectly due to the idiotic antics of the pitchman/salesman of the figure.

If you guys have any direct line to Stallone himself or his business managers that is way above Nick, then let them know Nick himself is turning away customers due to his buffoonery among other things.

Eh, it's an average figure. Should've cost $220 or less, but there's nothing glaringly wrong with it.

If it were a disaster, I wouldn't buy it for any amount of money, even if preordering was free.
From what we’ve seen, this definitely looks far below average. This doesn’t even seem to be on par with most third-party/knock off companies. And they want $260 upfront for it. Let’s not sugar coat it, that’s a complete disaster.

Back