SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the great looking photos Cof.

I'm really looking forward to receiving my Supes and I really like the neutral sculpt.

I have the paint all ready to paint my Batman body's neck for the switch.

it looks great, i'm still using the body for my Aquaman figure and give sups the bigger TTM20.

Well well, looks like I have some thinking to do.

Btw, great pics, thanks, the figure looks much better that way, and finally someone who compares it to other figures for scale.

He's a little short but at least we can see that the body isn't the problem, it's the head size.

Looks better but not good enough to eat my shorts :lol will wait for more reviews and pics.

Your pics are definately a lot better than any I have seen before, beats even the updated Sideshow ones.

Still gets on my nerves as to why the heck the slimmer body. The legs and neck are just too skinny and the head and body proportions compared to the MoS Superman really show how bad they are.

I really like the heat vision sculpt.

I have to disagree with the head being the main issue. To me, it's the slimmer body (especially since the arms are so bulky), combined with the neck area. IF you're going to have a head sculpt with prominent jowls/wide jaw, the neck needs to be more proportionate, as does the rest of the body.

It's just a weirdly proportioned body all the way around. SSC just screwed this one up. If they simply would've used the Batman body cast in the correct flesh tone it would have been much better.

Even the shorts look baggy, like they were tailored for the larger body....and the tailoring of the shorts is a whole other misstep.

It like the departments that handled each different part of the figure never got o the same page until it was too late, and then they shook their heads & said "oh well".:slap

Looks better in those pics. Those belt loops though. :lol

Not too skinny compared to the ridiculously too tall MOS Superman.

Swap to Bats body and fix those belt loops. A fine figure.

doesn't look so bad in those pics, but i'll need to wait for more in-hand pics to decide if it's worth the purchase.

I have to disagree with the head being the main issue. To me, it's the slimmer body (especially since the arms are so bulky), combined with the neck area. IF you're going to have a head sculpt with prominent jowls/wide jaw, the neck needs to be more proportionate, as does the rest of the body.

It's just a weirdly proportioned body all the way around. SSC just screwed this one up. If they simply would've used the Batman body cast in the correct flesh tone it would have been much better.

Even the shorts look baggy, like they were tailored for the larger body....and the tailoring of the shorts is a whole other misstep.

It like the departments that handled each different part of the figure never got o the same page until it was too late, and then they shook their heads & said "oh well".:slap

I guess you can look at it either way, either the body is too small or the head is too big :lol

to be honest these latest photo's just leave me wanting to reach out and grab the figure and start trying to pose him correctly. much like Batman he just looks a little awkward in all the photo's i have seen thus far. Sideshow did a fantastic job with harley, cat woman and joker but the big two I'm not so sure about. they both look a little off to me. I own Batman and I'm glad i do. i'm a comics guy and this figure is the best comic bats out there for sure. but i found him far from perfect. skinny waist, huge arms and barrel chest. I look forward to superman and will enjoy him on my shelf.

That's exactly why the SS Batman body is the perfect comic book body though, Amos. Skinny waist, huge arms, barrel chest, all characteristics of a classic comic book physique.

That's exactly why the SS Batman body is the perfect comic book body though, Amos. Skinny waist, huge arms, barrel chest, all characteristics of a classic comic book physique.
Yep.

I also like the Medicom RAH Hush body, except for the skinny legs. But that is why the Sideshow one is overall better.

Was thinking, those of you that will replace the body with the Batman body, does it seem possible to exchange the neck/ chest area between the figures, to avoid having to pain it? Like, unscrewing it.

Yep.

I also like the Medicom RAH Hush body, except for the skinny legs. But that is why the Sideshow one is overall better.

Was thinking, those of you that will replace the body with the Batman body, does it seem possible to exchange the neck/ chest area between the figures, to avoid having to pain it? Like, unscrewing it.

That's a good question. I know it's a rubber overlay but it may actually be molded larger than the Supes overlay is. Gonna have to check that out when I get him.

Comparison photo to the prototype, I tried to duplicate the pose as best as I could. Main difference I see at all is the shorts.

supes comparison2.jpg

Also if you look up close at the shorts, it looks to me like they sewed the top of the belt loops on the outside of the shorts instead of the inside. You can futz with them to minimize the red showing above the belt, but I couldn't get rid of it completely.

superman trunks.jpg

I don't have one of those, but I do have a naked Noland body and a Rock body...I think it's The Rock, it has tattoos all over the left side. Maybe Roadblock? Would those do?

Back