SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what Superman should have looked like. This Tony's work in progress on a SS Batman body. See Sideshow, its not so hard.

JLSuperman1220142_zps25344c8f.jpg

I would really like to know who makes these stupid decisions at Sideshow. How the hell do you decide to use a smaller body but keep the same big head?

Hot DAYUM! That's what you can achieve with Batman's body and a smaller head? It's like SS is trying to make Superman look bad.

Is Tony making more of these to sell? I'd buy that like yesterday.

I don't much care for the tiny head look on my comic book Supes so SS's sculpt will look great on a bulkier body for me.

Looking forward to what you come up with though, Tony.

I agree. If you are talking about a comic book style figure than Tony's is the most accurate. If you want Sideshow's interpretation of Superman then just check out Optibotimus' video. Paul makes this figure look as good as he can right out of the box. I don't think he should have to futz with the figure; if that's what it looks like than that's what it looks like.

:lol yeah, SS's is a bit big. I'm thinking it'll balance out on Batman's bulkier body. Just the jawline is slightly too wide, other than that it has a classic comic book look to it. That Koto head looks a little too small and too modern for the Supes I'm after. Would be cool to see a Supes lineup with all the different sculpts though.

Oh this could have been a pretty nice Neal Adams Supes to fight an eventual Enterbay Muhammad Ali, hopefully, but that's not the direction SSC chose to take it in. Hopefully we'll be getting a more comic book accurate Supes in the future. Who knows, maybe it'll be Sideshow that makes it.

For me, honestly, I could not justify buying Sideshow's at that price when I can see that it could be so much better: specially after seeing one of Tony's customs.

I mean, did they have the figure in their hands when they decided it was good to go? Did they feel that they need to get it out without considering the quality of the figure?

I'll agree that sideshow might need to look into scaling back the size of there heads there at least 30% to big.I guess maybe it's the best way to get detail

This figure is ridiculously overpriced if you ask me. For one thing they haven't needed to sculpt a likeness of any particular person,so that already makes it easier to get right. But the head does look too big for the body and that laser beam exclusive head just looks weird. It comes with a very small basic stand and minimal accessories. Where is the $200 price tag coming from?

I'm s big Superman fan, but I'll just stick to my Christoper Reeve and Henry Cavil Superman figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SSC head is too big... personally I think the Tony head is too small... so for me, something in between would be ideal.
I find it funny that folks on this thread, and the other SSC DC figure threads, keep emphasizing that this is Sideshow's "interpretation"; as if that is some kind of negative, or not true to the character.
Every version of these characters are somebody's interpretation. Every comic/tv show/movie is someone's own interpretation.

For a comic Superman, I'd prefer him to be a little bulkier. But Chris Reeve wasn't bulky, and the Hot Toys version isn't either, but many seem to think it's the ideal, classic Superman. It's got to be hard to be a manufacturer of these figures, as it really is impossible to know what fans actually want.

comicbook superman has never been slim/average though has he?curt swan/jim lee/michael golden/neal adams..the list goes on.... always at least as/ and in most cases bigger than batman.

where sideshow thought that a smaller body would suit the traditionally strongest guy in the dc universe i will never understand.

comicbook superman needs an impressive physique. a big chest and broad shoulders. he bounces bullets off them pecs!

not a body that gets lost under his cape.

comicbook superman has never been slim/average though has he?curt swan/jim lee/michael golden/neal adams..the list goes on.... always at least as/ and in most cases bigger than batman.

where sideshow thought that a smaller body would suit the traditionally strongest guy in the dc universe i will never understand.

comicbook superman needs an impressive physique. a big chest and broad shoulders. he bounces bullets off them pecs!

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

:clap Very well said. :lol

A disappointing effort all round.

Back