SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a lot issues for a pretty basic $200 doll, par for Sideshow though.

tumblr_static_dq01d2lm9o8wc8ocwwwkkc4kk.gif

Seems like a lot issues for a pretty basic $200 doll, par for Sideshow though.

tumblr_static_dq01d2lm9o8wc8ocwwwkkc4kk.gif

Yup. Still trying to get over that hump. They could have at least made the cheap plastic belt not look like a cheap plastic belt.

Sad though because the rest of the line are fantastic.

I'm really disappointed in Cape and wish body was bigger but it's not terrible. I would have to been blown away anyways to buy because I'm happy with my Christopher Reeve Supes as classic Superman for me.

The head looks too big on that SSC Superman. Also his jaw looks kinda large--Stan Smith large. And I still disagree with Sideshow's weird reasoning that Superman should be skinnier than Batman. Huh?

Just buy the Hot Toys Reeve Superman. What other Superman do you need, really?

I'm very very disappointed, cape problems, the head came out moonfaced makes it look even bigger, the body looks even skinnier, sigh, I was so pumped for this, so so pumped, these are my reactions based on this review.

Reviewer seems overly benevolent imo.

Or maybe the lighting is just bad.

I think that's a very good review.
Very clear and informative. Curiously enough, I like this Superman better than the Batman. Is anybody going to swap out the bodies and use Batman's beefier, stockier body for Superman?

The head looks too big on that SSC Superman. Also his jaw looks kinda large--Stan Smith large. And I still disagree with Sideshow's weird reasoning that Superman should be skinnier than Batman. Huh?

Just buy the Hot Toys Reeve Superman. What other Superman do you need, really?

I think there is definitely room for a comic version superman, I mean, that is where it all started. This one just isn't it.

Just pulling two screengrabs of the heads I'm actually quite happy with how the paint work turned out. Like I said earlier, looks like the eye plate is still being used (on the regular head as well as heat vision) but it's set in and aligned properly. And the tones look very natural and have a bit of the speckling we see in most high-end paint jobs. Really hope this is the kind of paint work we see on Han, Luke and Plissken.

068bfb1f-f278-4dde-b9b5-5a430c059ebe_zpsf6cec9c1.png

5fbcb0e2-f534-4518-bcdc-8a86ac6a1b7d_zps33dc386f.png

I think there is definitely room for a comic version superman, I mean, that is where it all started. This one just isn't it.

That's how I feel. I've always wanted a good comic book version. This is a step above the DC Direct 13" version and I'm happy about that. I just wish they used a bulkier body but we'll see, maybe in hand I'll be satisfied with it.

Is there a bulkier sideshow body or equivalent that the head, hands, and suit would look better on? I like the figure, but like others have said it is a bit scrawny for someone like Superman.

That's how I feel. I've always wanted a good comic book version. This is a step above the DC Direct 13" version and I'm happy about that. I just wish they used a bulkier body but we'll see, maybe in hand I'll be satisfied with it.

Yeah, it really looks like the chest is just a bit too small... more of a TTM-19 size, rather than a bulkier/more heroic build like the TTM-20.

When the first SSC Batman videos were out, I was underwhelmed and disappointed. I still kept the PO, because I am not a fan of the movie batmans, and had no interest in a Bale figure. But when people started posting pics of their figure when they received it in-hand, my excitement was rejuvenated, cause it looked amazing. I'm very happy with it, and have not made any modifications to it (not like I have the skill anyway, but in any case, I'm happy with it right out of box).
I'm expecting the same for Supes. I think the head was not on all-the-way which create the long neck, big head look in some ways. Just like the Batman figure, with a little "futzing", and dimmer lights (like I have on my shelf, not the super-bright lightboxes in these reviews), I'm expecting it will look just like the one at the con...

sideshow_dy_0116.jpg

Which I think looks fantastic!

Looking forward to pics from some of you. Then I'll decide on buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back