SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever drones
View attachment 165656
View attachment 165657
View attachment 165658
View attachment 165659
View attachment 165660
View attachment 165661

these are just some of my ref pics. Just because you can't think outside the box doesn't mean i have to follow you

I'm not sure why people who don't agree are "drones"...that seems pretty petty.

I see what your trying to do, you want that muscled look. But the reason it doesn't match your ref pics is becuase there is no actual definition in the suit. It's why most movie costumes are sculpted. You get no definition in regular clothing.

A casual pose does not cause your hips to widen to the extent of HT bodies--if you want to say these figures represent older males that are not as in shape, then I agree. The SS Superman, and Batman bodies are not comic proportion either. Sideshow was clearing designing these figures to fit in HT figures. Here are some more shots of Frank.
Just looking at the SSC Batman shoulders, should clearly illustrate that SS was not making realistic proportion bodies for these. It's also about the proportional lengths of the legs vs torso vs arms, combined with the anatomy (how high the pecs sit, etc.). And I wasn't suggesting that a bodybuilder's hips will widen, when relaxed... I was pointing out that on stage, at all times, a body builder is pumped and flexed. When truly relaxed (not casual pose on stage), a bodybuilder is not as flexed or pumped, so the hips/waist/shoulder ratio looks very different. Using the TTM20 as a reference, when Arnold was filming the 1st Terminator movie, he was in great shape, obviously not as dehydrated or pumped as he would be for competition, that TTM20 is accurate to how he would have looked under clothes. I'm guessing Frank Zane wasn't teaching class in a tank top, flexing his lats the whole time...

This is all getting a little off topic, and based on the comments I've seen, I gather most on here have never even worked out in a gym, much less been involved in fitness competitions. My entire point (although probably poorly said), is that even bodybuilders do not have the same proportions of Comic heroes. Not because of steroids, or an incorrect workout regiment, but simply due to the anatomy and skeletal structure of a human being.
Because of that, the HT bodies are not the best bodies to use as a base. The SS bodies have more stylized proportions which are more suitable as a base for SuperHeroes....

The only reason I'm commenting on this, is that I think Groovy had a good idea, conceptually.
The execution is always difficult, because of the basic differences between a realistic body vs an idealized one...

The only reason I'm commenting on this, is that I think Groovy had a good idea, conceptually.
The execution is always difficult, because of the basic differences between a realistic body vs an idealized one...

It's a great idea if it can be pulled off. And as long as Groovy is happy, then that's a job well done.
Wasn't there a line of 12" Wrestling bodies that people used to use for customs? I seem to recall seeing a lot of those used for Batman customs.

Good!!! Then we agree!!!

Finally a few people get it. I put in the muscle I could that allowed movement to be had some had to be sacrificed for ab crunch and swivel. I felt that superman had more mass that the ss body couldn't offer even sculpted over. Congrats for those who did take what was already on his body and bulked him. My problem was sups pecks. It needed to be bigger. My ex was a competitor body builder so I know what a bodybuilder chest looks like and feels.

I went this route because for me sups should look like this. So it's my version of sups. As far as making everything in proportion that can only be done with statues that are static. SSC pecks were to small by width,height,and depth. Even adding some depth wasn't going to change that. The costume is starting to conform to his shape and over the years I'll see the abs and detail. I could make it faster with hot water but didn't want to mess up his emblem. Hot water shrinks Lycra which is why they suggest washing it in cold water and lay flat because a dryer will melt Lycra

I would explain drone/stephord/sheep and the social order of freaks but it would only make sense to the ones calling the shots in freaks.

Sister I get it. I too like to stay true to my own vision of what the heroes should look like. To me, it really matters what head you use. I learned from Tony Mei, who likes to use slightly smaller heads to give the appearance of a more buffed out body (See Batman Custom). I use the TTm20 on quite a few of my heroes and by arching his back, it make the chest look more heroic. Here a some pics of my heroes.

Cool team but I guess you would call me a sister. Not sure brother is what you call a female but it's cool

Personally speaking, I say to each their own in terms of aesthetics, build, form, muscularity, and physique when it comes to an individual’s preference of Superman’s physical appearance.

Superman has been drawn by multitudes of artists over the years with different nuances when it comes to his physical appearance. Generally speaking, most have been muscular.

Some may have a preference of seeing a more muscular version of Superman based on individual preferences.

It’s obvious Sideshow’s Superman has been a divisive topic for many reasons asides from the faulty head sculpt paint application and quality issues.

If someone else wants a beefier Superman to better represent his/her ideal/preferred vision, then so be it.

There are times when pettiness is all a discussion may have in common and that’s sad, but I digress.

Brother I get it. I too like to stay true to my own vision of what the heroes should look like. To me, it really matters what head you use. I learned from Tony Mei, who likes to use slightly smaller heads to give the appearance of a more buffed out body (See Batman Custom). I use the TTm20 on quite a few of my heroes and by arching his back, it make the chest look more heroic. Here a some pics of my heroes.

So I guess I can't mention that your Green Lanterns neck looks too long?:monkey3

You're really reaching aren't you, just some small minute thing to put someone's efforts down. That's all I see on here towards people who custom bash. Like anyone has any control unless they sculpt and cast their own bodies there is not going to be a perfect body to head ratio.

Lantern looks fine to me, don't listen to them

Last edited:
Your really reaching aren't you, just some small minute thing to put someone's efforts down. That's all I see on here towards people who custom bash. Like anyone has any control unless they sculpt and cast there own bodies there is not going to be a perfect body to head ratio.

Lantern looks fine to me, don't listen to them

No, I'm being sarcastic. Heaven forbid, anybody says anything negative in this forum. We are all adults here. If I post something I made, I expect it to be critiqued. It's up to me to choose to either fix it or ignore it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to properly use your-you're and there-their-they're anymore?

Nope.
They're incapable of finding the correct usage for their words over there, over here.
eusa_dance.gif

Back