Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

IMO the Doom PF EX is amazing. That said, regardless of size Batman fans probably outnumber Doom fans like 100 000:1 ( these are not real numbers, the real numbers probably have like 3 more zeros). In the end, there will be more ppl willing to pay exorbitant prices for this Epic PF; Batman. What's 2000? There are probably well over a hundred million Batfans in the world. This is an amazing sculpt. And Tavegg yes the batarang is important because he uses it. It is as iconic as the Batmobile. Doom is not known for his cup or as Bruce put it, DAT CUP Lmao. He is not know for his pedestal. They are accompanying pieces that look nice. The batarang is an extension of Batman. All Hail the Batman PF EX!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

There is alot of agression on this thread and I think we should all b cool with each other. This is just a hobby.

My two cents on this doom debate is it was good execution with a low es on a rarely done character. Like I said I don't think this is going to b the ultimate Bats statue. Its a flooded market already and ss will make several batmans. I'm sure of it.

I'm getting this because I'm a fan but I wouldn't count a 10, 000 es item injected into a flooded batman market as an investment.

There is alot of agression on this thread and I think we should all b cool with each other. This is just a hobby.

My two cents on this doom debate is it was good execution with a low es on a rarely done character. Like I said I don't think this is going to b the ultimate Bats statue. Its a flooded market already and ss will make several batmans. I'm sure of it.

I'm getting this because I'm a fan but I wouldn't count a 10, 000 es item injected into a flooded batman market as an investment.

There's going to be multiple Batman statues

Yes I follow, somehow by having the DC license SS created a monopoly on the creation of DC statues. Despite being awarded the contract by a third party and despite DC direct (or whatever they're called now) still making loads of DC statues and figurines as well as Koto. But yeah they're monopolising bastards, definitely.

Now PCS are going to make DC statues there wont be a monopoly anymore wait, what?

Ron-Burgundy-That-Doesnt-Make-Any-Sense.gif

My statement was pertaining strictly to 1/4 scale size DC statues and until Darren chirped in I wasn't aware Jerry is not producing them in 1/4 scale. It had nothing to do with other licenses of different sizes. I own several other 1/6 DC pieces and wasn't insinuating that SS was the only company making DC licensed products. As far as 1/4 scale is concerned it is a Monopoly that SS owns. Marvel and DC alike. The thought of another company at SS's caliber making them too would have been great for this hobby and more importantly great for the consumer. I would hardly consider DC Direct competition for SS. Their paint apps fail in comparison and I've never seen a DC direct thread running rampid like any one of the SS threads are right now. Do they even make 1/4 scale anymore?

If only Sideshow didn't have a monopoly on the statue no one else has made but them... :monkey2

This guy is hard to follow. I like how he tries to help by repeating the same nonsense for you.

I'm not hard to follow. I'm actually pretty intelligent. College degree, masters, and a well paid executive position in the real world where it counts. Stop putting words into my mouth. I never said SS had exclusive rights to DC. If you don't believe SS has a monopoly on 1/4 scale DC and Marvel licensed products then your nieve or ignorant. What did I repeat? Your the smart guy that managed to rant for an entire page about a cup that had no relevance to a simple comment made about exclusivity and edition size of an upcoming statue. Same statue that ironically I managed to buy for less then a tank of gas above retail

My 1/4 Scale DCD Batman disagrees with this statement :cuckoo:

Your one of the few that feel this way but that's great that you have found a batman statue of that scale your happy with. I'd prefer SS over the DCD easily but were all entitled to our own opinions

I got monopoly board game. I always lose. The End.

My personal favorite post while I was sleeping

IMO the Doom PF EX is amazing. That said, regardless of size Batman fans probably outnumber Doom fans like 100 000:1 ( these are not real numbers, the real numbers probably have like 3 more zeros). In the end, there will be more ppl willing to pay exorbitant prices for this Epic PF; Batman. What's 2000? There are probably well over a hundred million Batfans in the world. This is an amazing sculpt. And Tavegg yes the batarang is important because he uses it. It is as iconic as the Batmobile. Doom is not known for his cup or as Bruce put it, DAT CUP Lmao. He is not know for his pedestal. They are accompanying pieces that look nice. The batarang is an extension of Batman. All Hail the Batman PF EX!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I never stated the batarang wasn't important..... So preach on and tell me more...

...not so sharp on the definition of monopoly (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I guess you were right. :dunno

Listen man, we can agree to disagree. I wasn't attempting to be combative but I do believe in freedom of speech and the right to express yourself. Views, opinions, whatever. That's why we all come to this forum. To talk about upcoming releases and gather perspective and others view points. Most other people that aren't involved in this hobby look at me like I'm crazy when walking through my collection room. They don't understand it all. That's why I'm here. Its a brotherhood for statue addicts where everyone on this forum has the commonality of collecting. It's all good dude. Bats is an iconic character and this statue is the best representation I have seen of him yet. We can get bat on topic and start talking business as far as I'm concerned. Batarang and all

Whew.... Glad that's settled. So how about that Batman fig?

Listen man, we can agree to disagree. I wasn't attempting to be combative but I do believe in freedom of speech and the right to express yourself. Views, opinions, whatever. That's why we all come to this forum. To talk about upcoming releases and gather perspective and others view points. Most other people that aren't involved in this hobby look at me like I'm crazy when walking through my collection room. They don't understand it all. That's why I'm here. Its a brotherhood for statue addicts where everyone on this forum has the commonality of collecting. It's all good dude. Bats is an iconic character and this statue is the best representation I have seen of him yet. We can get bat on topic and start talking business as far as I'm concerned. Batarang and all

Ok, then. My apologies for being a smartass. :duff

Whew.... Glad that's settled. So how about that Batman fig?

Its hard to believe that a month from now there's a chance well be seeing in hand pics and videos. Almost surreal

Ok, then. My apologies for being a smartass. :duff

What's with the cups again? Haha sorry for being aggressive :duff

I can't even remember. I did have a legitimate economic point, but it was lost on how inadvertently funny the way I put it turned out.

If I remember when I wake up (I've been up all night) and it ends up being a worthwhile matter for discussion, I'll try to clarify.

I can't even remember. I did have a legitimate economic point, but it was lost on how inadvertently funny the way I put it turned out.

If I remember when I wake up (I've been up all night) and it ends up being a worthwhile matter for discussion, I'll try to clarify.

Lol no dude. I was talking about the cups that the smiley people were cheering in your original post. I was trying to be funny and i failed

I agree with this.

Add on to the fact that you will be able to get a regular batman PF that will be just as cool. Yes the Baterang is a very important part of BAts but the fact that is is sort of hidden away makes the Reg just about as good.

Either way in the long run I dont give a hoot. I don't buy these in hopes they will go up in value. I buy them so I have company in my grave :)

Back