Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Not feminine. I would say sneaky is more like it. He is holding the batarang in a not so visible way and is ready to use it on you without notice.

That's very much in character for Batman.

Dude your idea of feminine gives me nightmares.

LOL!!! I guess I think it's because he almost looks like he is ready to dance :)

SDCC2013-sideshow-premium-format-62-533x800.jpg

I have never been in love with this angle and always thought it looked more like the picture on the left then the right.. At least the fist gives him a more manly pose

stance.jpg
06-220x.jpg

But it's just from that one side.

However he is just hands on hips away from being a complete chick ;)

Not feminine. I would say sneaky is more like it. He is holding the batarang in a not so visible way and is ready to use it on you without notice.

That's very much in character for Batman.

Look guys... I am not coming down on the EX or the statue for anyone... It just is IMO not an EX or fail... It's not like the piece will be that effected with out the EX..... And that has more to do with the placement then the piece itself.

I know your stating your opinion bud. That's ok. I was just saying that is not a fem pose In My Opinion. Lol

I know your stating your opinion bud. That's ok. I was just saying that is not a fem pose In My Opinion. Lol

stance.jpg

Look if you are happy with Batgirl then that's fine with me.

;)

I kid... I am looing forward to getting this piece... I am glad that fans of this piece are not bothered by the pose. I love it from some angles and just don't care for it from that one. The closed fist helps me like it better from that angle but that is just me.

But I want to stress that I am happy with how this has turned out overall. Yes I have had some of the same issues as many others (cape on shoulder, pose, BAT Emblem) but over all this piece is full of win.

WIN!!!!

sideshow-collectibles-batman-premium-format-statue.jpg

Uh yeah it is. Its a huge difference. There's an extra 1000 of them which gives a collector twice the amount of opportunity to get one in comparison to Hulk. We can only speculate at this point but I guarantee I'll find one close to retail after the dust settles. The hype will bring up the price like it always does on new releases and then the amount available will bring the price right back down. If your chasing a doom with an ex of 500 from years ago that's a whole different animal but bats with 2000 will be easy to get eventually regardless of popularity

If you say so, bub.

See, I could give a **** about Doom. People who paid that kind of money for him are brain damaged, personally.

How many more people care about Batman? I don't know. How many more people know about Sideshow and want their stuff? I don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say a **** ton more. Does that matter? You tell me.

There are four times as many exclusive Batmans as there were exclusive Dooms. He had a cup. It was a very important accessory. Clearly, Batman will never be sold at the prices Doom fetches. We can ignore the fact that Sideshow's customer base has expanded to the point where they think they can sell that many Batmans. We can ignore how much more important a character in the comics industry that Batman is by comparison. We can ignore the inclination of people to spend retarded amounts of money on things that they overvalue for irrational reasons. There's lots of stuff we can ignore because 2000 is an unfathomably greater sum than 500.

I hate the pose on this and I am chalking it up to another artsy ribbon dancing pose by ss that they love giving men. I don't know why ss insist men like to twist at their hips. I guess I'm thinking of my jedi luke and cyclops. Not asingle one of my female pfs twist like that.

Anyway, it's Bats so it doesn't really matter. I'm geTting him anyway but I still think there is room for a better version someday.

Okay I was sitting back thinking this was getting heated and then Devil wrote "He had a cup" and all was good again :lol

It must be said it was a nice cup though :lecture

71321_press01-001.jpg

If you say so, bub.

See, I could give a **** about Doom. People who paid that kind of money for him are brain damaged, personally.

How many more people care about Batman? I don't know. How many more people know about Sideshow and want their stuff? I don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say a **** ton more. Does that matter? You tell me.

The reference in doom wasn't about a cup. It was pertaining to the edition size. whether or not you like doom as a character, the statue was executed flawlessly which is why he commands the price he does. I understand batman is far more popular of a character then doom or most other characters for that matter. My point was with 2000 of him being produced someone will be selling this and not at the price of a long sold out low edition size and very popular sculpt. How my response turned into a page of "da cup" is so far beyond my comprehension. I did manage to pick up bats for $50 above retail from another boardie that changed the shipping to my address. Weird how that all worked out bub

Yeah, weird how it worked out before he even shipped.

Pre-release mark ups vs. mark ups years later. A solid argument, for sure.

And if the cup is so unimportant (bite your tongue!) then you should be referencing the total edition size of 1500.

Okay I was sitting back thinking this was getting heated and then Devil wrote "He had a cup" and all was good again :lol

It must be said it was a nice cup though :lecture

It even has a pedestal. :lecture

Yeah, weird how it worked out before he even shipped.

Pre-release mark ups vs. mark ups years later. A solid argument, for sure.

And if the cup is so unimportant (bite your tongue!) then you should be referencing the total edition size of 1500.

It even has a pedestal. :lecture

Yeah the cup wasnt important nor did I insinuate otherwise and if were using 1500 for doom then let's up the ante on bats to 7000.

I bought Snadinators Master Chief three months prior to shipment and he arrived in perfect shape. If you want I can direct you to SS website and teach you how to ship yours to someone else as well

Last edited:
Back