Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

tumblr_m39c5hSvl11qik6s5o1_500.jpg

Here, I just went got some Bat calm the **** down pills for everybody from my utility belt :lol This thread is :gah: :lol

It wasn't my resume. They were more along the lines of bullet points.
I prefer the Macmillan dictionary version. Seems more fitting for this example. Where else can I get Marvel and DC Statues in 1/4 scale? Can you or someone else point me in the right direction? I grow tired of the $50 dollar price increases that seem to be the norm as of late. By the politically correct definition Sideshow may not have a Monopoly but I haven't had any luck finding these statues anywhere else. Isn't is safe to say Sideshow has complete control of this particular market or am I the only one on crazy pills. They increase their prices and we pay it. Even though the merchandise is getting lighter, built cheaper as the quantity has increased but the quality has decreased. There's more QC issues arising then ever... Customer service offers pennies on the dollar to customers when something shows up busted or asks to send it back so they can turn around and just sell it to some other unsuspecting customer. We swallow it because there is no alternative. There are other companies out there that have made 1/4 scale DC products in the past but what about now? How about marvel? Is there another company out there present or past making marvel 1/4 scale statues?

1 a company that has complete control of the product or service it provides because it is the only company that provides it

a.complete control over something by one organization or person
American English synonyms or related words for this sense of monopoly
Power, authority, influence and leadership: oligopoly, soft power, leadership, power, authority, control, domination, might, greatness, monopoly... more

2 something that only one person or group of people has
Categories and types: type, category, kind, sort, variety, classification, grouping, taxonomy, class, cross section... more

complete control over something by one organization or person
Power, authority, influence and leadership: oligopoly, soft power, leadership, power, authority, control, domination, might, greatness, monopoly... more

Okay, this is getting silly. Sideshow, as much as you seem to think they do, does not control the 1/4 scale market. While I will grant you that currently no one else is making comic statues at 1/4 scale this is not because of Sideshow but because Marvel and DC have either not granted the license to do so or other companies have not requested the license to do so. Now, if you were to rephrase your statement and say that Marvel and DC have monopolized the 1/4 scale licensing rights to a single company, then gave proof thst they have denied others the opportunity to do so, you might have something. But seeing that Sideshow do not, and can not control licensing agreements handed out by the rightful owners they technically do not have a monopoly.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Until another company finds the testicular fortitude to take Sideshow head on in the same market your going to find yourself paying whatever they ask to get the pieces you like.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I could feel you building up to a post all the way over here in Australia Josh :1-1: :lol

It wasn't my resume. They were more along the lines of bullet points.
I prefer the Macmillan dictionary version. Seems more fitting for this example. Where else can I get Marvel and DC Statues in 1/4 scale? Can you or someone else point me in the right direction? I grow tired of the $50 dollar price increases that seem to be the norm as of late. By the politically correct definition Sideshow may not have a Monopoly but I haven't had any luck finding these statues anywhere else. Isn't is safe to say Sideshow has complete control of this particular market or am I the only one on crazy pills. They increase their prices and we pay it. Even though the merchandise is getting lighter, built cheaper as the quantity has increased but the quality has decreased. There's more QC issues arising then ever... Customer service offers pennies on the dollar to customers when something shows up busted or asks to send it back so they can turn around and just sell it to some other unsuspecting customer. We swallow it because there is no alternative. There are other companies out there that have made 1/4 scale DC products in the past but what about now? How about marvel? Is there another company out there present or past making marvel 1/4 scale statues?

1 a company that has complete control of the product or service it provides because it is the only company that provides it

a.complete control over something by one organization or person

2 something that only one person or group of people has
Categories and types: type, category, kind, sort, variety, classification, grouping, taxonomy, class, cross section... more

complete control over something by one organization or person

already told you where else, but you didn't like their statues either. :dunno Seems you would rather just complain on message boards all day. Here's an idea, you DON"T have to spend money on 1/4 scale statues. You don't like them, don't buy them. You don't like the prices don't buy them. You don't like the customer service, don't buy them. Surely an educated man such as yourself can figure that out all on your own :slap

Maybe you need to look up the definition of "entitlement"

I am sorry I really don't get the point or find what's so F'ing funny!!

I think having you resume posted here adds a lot to validating ones point.

Take me for example.

I am a man of average intelligence. Graduated High school with a solid 75 average. Was forced to go to college by my parents just to get me out of their house. Somehow got through college (by no fault of my own), I tend to be unemployed, have no luck with woman, like to sit in my undershorts in my basement, and I sort of smell bad.

All of this gives me more then enough time to delve deep into statue collecting and make myself an expert on all things SS and other collectables. I mean what else am I going to do with my life??

What gives CSI and Chin the authority to be called Experts... HA!!!!!! Nothing!!!!

I hereby declare you an expert as well :clap

Although, I don't recall every proclaiming myself an expert, so I am not sure I can proclaim anyone else one either :(

See, the thing is, I don't even try anymore. You could be the most intelligent man on the planet and never win some discussions on here. I just move on and watch everyone else try and fail at convincing others.:lol

See, the thing is, I don't even try anymore. You could be the most intelligent man on the planet and never win some discussions on here. I just move on and watch everyone else try and fail at convincing others.:lol

I'm not convinced of the point you're trying to make here

Okay, this is getting silly. Sideshow, as much as you seem to think they do, does not control the 1/4 scale market. While I will grant you that currently no one else is making comic statues at 1/4 scale this is not because of Sideshow but because Marvel and DC have either not granted the license to do so or other companies have not requested the license to do so. Now, if you were to rephrase your statement and say that Marvel and DC have monopolized the 1/4 scale licensing rights to a single company, then gave proof thst they have denied others the opportunity to do so, you might have something. But seeing that Sideshow do not, and can not control licensing agreements handed out by the rightful owners they technically do not have a monopoly.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Until another company finds the testicular fortitude to take Sideshow head on in the same market your going to find yourself paying whatever they ask to get the pieces you like.

I do agree wholeheartedly and although it seems like I'm slightly bashing SS I've never personally had the issues with them on any of these levels of service (other then the increases in price), I've only heard of them through this forum. I have no issues paying for what I like because they do it best. I was only trying prove a point and now looking back at it all it's absolutely ridiculous that I even got that emotionally vested in the topic. My bad for the rants. I don't like feeling like I'm being bullied or backed into a corner and I should be able to have an opinion without being antagonized. Im a prideful competitive natured guy with more testosterone then most I guess. Whatever. I'm over it

I do agree wholeheartedly and although it seems like I'm slightly bashing SS I've never personally had the issues with them on any of these levels of service (other then the increases in price), I've only heard of them through this forum. I have no issues paying for what I like because they do it best. I was only trying prove a point and now looking back at it all it's absolutely ridiculous that I even got that emotionally vested in the topic. My bad for the rants. I don't like feeling like I'm being bullied or backed into a corner and I should be able to have an opinion without being antagonized. Im a prideful competitive natured guy with more testosterone then most I guess. Whatever. I'm over it

No worries, I do see your point of view, trust me, and I'd like to.see someone else take a stab at these licenses with the same dedication to detail as Side show. As for getting riled up, some people on these forums aren't worth even responding to at times.

Any way, game on. :)

Good to see ya round Josh. Did you order JTR?

I did but had to cancel him and Green Lantern at the last minute. A family member had a finanical crisis and I felt obligated to help so the money went to them. But I will probably reorder JTR.

And good to see you too King, its been a bit.

Well, that's a bummer man.:( Good of you to step up though to help.:hi5: JTR calls to me daily. "Brian...... I am evil and your shelves are calling...... Brian..... Your wife will be disgusted by this piece and you will love grossing her out daily." Literally, thats what he says.:wink1:

I did but had to cancel him and Green Lantern at the last minute. A family member had a finanical crisis and I felt obligated to help so the money went to them. But I will probably reorder JTR.

And good to see you too King, its been a bit.

Back