1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$170 isn't too bad. If it were me, I would wait it out a bit. You can still get the first release pretty easily and this one will most likely go on sale. it was already part of the Black Friday deals with free shipping, so I suspect they are sitting on a pile that they want to move.

Can get this guy for $170 shipped....is he worth it? Didn't get the blue because I like the black/gray better, but all the bad reviews have me rethinking my choice?

It's still overpriced, but I would go for it. I mean, I'm being very critical with this figure because I can compare it to its predecessor. Yet, in hand, I like it, especially because of its color scheme. It is a great figure, just too expensive for what it is. If you don't have the first one, you will definitely like that one.

I agree. i cannot help comparing this one to its predecessor. As a stand alone Batman figure he is very cool, great color scheme and i can even live with the cape. I actually like the shiny black finish but it doesn't drape as well.
He is a worthy variant, I'm just frustrated with receiving yet another crappy loose base body.

I found this pic from Qatar966 on instidy:

11372080_1047751371924873_1588485099_n.jpg
(qatar966 (Khalil AL-Ansari 🇶🇦) Instagram Photos and Videos | instidy.com - Instagram Online Viewer)​

The mouth is definitly misplaced, the belt was raised too high and the cape needs work, indeed, but otherwise I think it looks great.

I do hope I won't have loose joints, cause with the sewn suit it would be a pain to fix.

Well I was checking out my Batman and his belt buckle broke,on the side where it attaches to the other,but not the post on the buckle it's self.:(
I also noticed that his forearms are different than on my Blue&Grey Bat's.:confused:

Well I was checking out my Batman and his belt buckle broke,on the side where it attaches to the other,but not the post on the buckle it's self.:(
I also noticed that his forearms are different than on my Blue&Grey Bat's.:confused:

There's nothing like quality stuff...

As for the belt, I'd need pictures to be sure, but it happened when I tried to remove the belt on my blue/grey one. Nothing that superglue can't repair.

Wow, I'm glad I passed on these figures - too many complaints, although I still think about the blue version w/ a different head! You would think Sideshow would realize the mistakes & fix it.

Whoa...forgot about this figure, was gonna ask about the final product is. Wow. That's...unexcusable. That finish on the suit and gloves is ungodly too, and some of the QC I'm seeing, notably that bat symbol, is ******.

Man, I was gonna pick this up. I didn't like the head sculpt, but I liked the rest of it. Screw that, I'm gonna stick with the HT VGM Batman...such a shame since the original SSC wasn't a bad figure.

I hate to say it....I got GK Batman today and I'm not terribly impressed. The c clamp on the stand wont go around the waist, the knees are weak and the cape dosen't drape well. I can't use the long ear head because the mouth pieces won't stay in (guess I will have to get a replacement from Sideshow. Once you get him set up he can look pretty cool, but I'm feeling underwhelmed by Sideshow on this release.

12366457_10156342184385188_7765215142755061135_n.jpg

12347843_10156342184410188_5342666397563117362_n.jpg

12366245_10156342184465188_3123620105546430880_n.jpg

Great shot's Vonhahn even with all the problems I still think he looks cooler then the Blue&Grey Bat's. ;)

For those that care I found out that you CAN iron out the wrinkles in the cape using a steam iron on low.
Just iron the fabric side carefully. Start on low heat and slowly increase heat until you reach a point to where you see the wrinkles coming out.
Mine looks great now.

Ww
I hate to say it....I got GK Batman today and I'm not terribly impressed. The c clamp on the stand wont go around the waist, the knees are weak and the cape dosen't drape well. I can't use the long ear head because the mouth pieces won't stay in (guess I will have to get a replacement from Sideshow. Once you get him set up he can look pretty cool, but I'm feeling underwhelmed by Sideshow on this release.]

I don't think a replacement will change anything as they all seem to be like that. My advice? Blue tack is your friend!:)

Ww

I don't think a replacement will change anything as they all seem to be like that. My advice? Blue tack is your friend!:)

First time poster:

I received mine and I'm very happy with the figure, but it looks like I'm in the same camp as everyone else where one of the mouth pieces won't stay on the long eared Batman.

Also, it looks like I'm missing a piece on the inside of the head that clamps to the neck ball-joint. As of now, I can't even mount the long-eared head.

IMG_6956.jpg

IMG_6957.jpg

I can't believe it! That's really terrible QC. I mean, I can get forgetting a pouch on, say, Deadpool (they forgot two on mine!), but this? That's sloppy at its best!

I originally ordered the Hot Toys Arkham City Batman. The sculpt was great, but the body was made of rubber and you could not pose it at all. Every pose you put him in, he would slowly just bounce back to his original pose. I returned it and I am much happier with this one.

However, after reading through some of the pages on this thread, I can see the reason for the outrage.

Well, I bought this one for the reason,and because even though it probably won't be rubber, the BvS Bat suit will probably be fragile and restrictive. I was luckier than you were it seams, and I kinda like this figure, but the lack of QC and the cheap production are unacceptable.

Mine came in the mail today. It looks great and the only issue I'm having is with the faceplate staying in the long ears sculpt. It seems that the peg is hitting the part of the cape that is hidden under the head. I was nervous when I opened the figure because of the issues that some of y'all are having. However, I can say that mine is in great shape. On a side note, I really like the grapple hook and gun that comes with this one as opposed to the blue/gray SSC Batman. The cape isn't just a black version of the one that came with the blue/gray SSC Batman. I like it though, but I like the stock capes that have come on the Batman figures I have (SSC blue/gray Batman, Hot Toys Arkham City Batman and SSC Gotham Knight Batman). I'm really glad I got him.

Sorry for the sideways pics. I'm not sure what's going on there because apparently I'm new to the internet....

WP_20151214_14_18_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20151214_14_18_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20151214_14_18_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20151214_14_18_50_Pro.jpg

Back