1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given two of the heads are the exact same ones as the blue's, I'm assuming yes too.

Another pair of pics:

Man, is this figure frustrating! If only it had ratchet joints at the hips. Them being loose makes it hard to have the Bat in a standing pose.

No kidding! Your pics look awesome and that's what I want out of this figure, but the loose hips make it nearly impossible to get a decent pose, even standing straight up. I might get brave and try to tighten them up at some point. I've already gotten an exchange once and the second ones hips are just as loose.

Oddly, the legs hold well in a crouching flight pose...

But I think this is how mine will look like for a while:

I can't have him in another satisfying stance. The cape is a nightmare. Even worse than Batman 89's from Hot Toys.

Oddly, the legs hold well in a crouching flight pose...

But I think this is how mine will look like for a while:

I can't have him in another satisfying stance. The cape is a nightmare. Even worse than Batman 89's from Hot Toys.

What's funny, is that i was so impressed with the blue cape, I planned on buying a black one for my '89 as soon as it was released. I got one on monkey depot and it came in before the actual figure. As soon as I got it, all I said was "oh ****" lol.

lol I can only imagine your disappointment. After checking, the cape (and the trunks) was actually much better on the prototype. I also noticed there was no weathering on the boots dans gloves initially.

Anyway, a few last pics and I'm done playing with this figure for now.

Edit: rah! I can't happen to be totally happy with this, whatever I do. I thought I could master that cape with patience and work but it's driving me mad.

a1ce580bb06f5975486cab5a8e3b2c0c.jpg

...with custom tony meis cape.

Nice! It looks much easier here. ^^ Tony does a great job in making capes but I don't want to add cost to already overpriced toys.

By the way, I think I've finally found my pose. It looks a bit more dynamic in person. Anyway, I'm happy now :)

Awesome shot mate, do you have any joint problem?

Thanks! Yes, the legs are a bit loose at the hips. He stands but it's annoying when I try to get him in a pose, I have to hold the feet in place.

Otherwise the articulations are OK and hold quite well.

Stellar pics, DaBatman!

I think I may have found the fabric SSC used for this fgure's cape, at a fabric shop. I bought a yard for only $6 and was able to upgrade my NECA Arkham Origins and Keaton Batmen, and still have a large piece enough to make a fully-spreadable long cape for the NECA AK Batman. It's thicker than the fabric SSC used for their blue Batman, I guess that's why most people find GK's cape harder to manage. It's great for larger scale figures though :)

Stellar pics, DaBatman!

I think I may have found the fabric SSC used for this fgure's cape, at a fabric shop. I bought a yard for only $6 and was able to upgrade my NECA Arkham Origins and Keaton Batmen, and still have a large piece enough to make a fully-spreadable long cape for the NECA AK Batman. It's thicker than the fabric SSC used for their blue Batman, I guess that's why most people find GK's cape harder to manage. It's great for larger scale figures though :)

Thank you! I actually like this fabric, it looks exactly how I imagine Batman's cape fabric to be in the comics. But you're right when you say it is too thick for 1:6 figures. I'm pretty sure it looks great on your 1:4 Batmen.

Hey guys I've got this figure available in the "for sale" section for cheap. Not because I dislike him, I just need to raise some cash pretty quickly. If you were thinking about grabbing this guy you won't find him cheaper and with free shipping.

I did manage to get the faceplates to stay in the long ear head sculpt by applying a couple of layers of clear finger nail polish to the circumference of the hole in the head. I could get the faceplates to stay in that head sculpt before, but I had to have the head looking up. Before the fix, if the head were facing straight ahead or down, none of the faceplates would stay in at all.

Back