1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered him with promo code and free shipping for 179.99 through Sideshow. Expectations are low though. Not getting my hopes up, but want to finish ssc DC line. But waiting for big sale on GL.

I received this figure awhile ago and upon an initial, quick inspection wasn't wowed by it, but I wasn't put off by it either. It's very reminiscent of the first release. The same issues from the first release exist on this figure; loose joints, questionable choice of face plates, loose wrist pegs, etc. The new issues, for me, upon that first inspection was the cape and the trunks. They look rubbery. It isn't the same material as the first release.

Today, I had some time to really look it over and I'm more pleased with him than I was initially. I still don't like the cape, however, I think it's better than what's been put out by other companies sans SS's first release. I may flip it inside/out because I like the inside material of the cape. I don't have the issue of the face plates falling out and they sit flush with no protruding corners. I don't particularly like the sculpts on the face plates, but I can live with them. The sculpts have a line on the left side of the face that could be intentional or an issue with the mold. The stern sculpt has a bit of rosy cheeks which the others do not. Overall, I like this version more than the first. My favorite of the three heads is the long-eared with the gritted teeth.

Definitely do not pay MSRP for this look for a deal you are willing to live with. There is a jewel in this figure, but right now it's an over-priced diamond in the rough.

I received this figure awhile ago and upon an initial, quick inspection wasn't wowed by it, but I wasn't put off by it either. It's very reminiscent of the first release. The same issues from the first release exist on this figure; loose joints, questionable choice of face plates, loose wrist pegs, etc. The new issues, for me, upon that first inspection was the cape and the trunks. They look rubbery. It isn't the same material as the first release.

Today, I had some time to really look it over and I'm more pleased with him than I was initially. I still don't like the cape, however, I think it's better than what's been put out by other companies sans SS's first release. I may flip it inside/out because I like the inside material of the cape. I don't have the issue of the face plates falling out and they sit flush with no protruding corners. I don't particularly like the sculpts on the face plates, but I can live with them. The sculpts have a line on the left side of the face that could be intentional or an issue with the mold. The stern sculpt has a bit of rosy cheeks which the others do not. Overall, I like this version more than the first. My favorite of the three heads is the long-eared with the gritted teeth.

Definitely do not pay MSRP for this look for a deal you are willing to live with. There is a jewel in this figure, but right now it's an over-priced diamond in the rough.

Nice review man! glad to hear someone got one that isn't all bad :hi5:

I still want it, but like you said, going to wait for a really good deal on it

I hate to say it....I got GK Batman today and I'm not terribly impressed. The c clamp on the stand wont go around the waist, the knees are weak and the cape dosen't drape well. I can't use the long ear head because the mouth pieces won't stay in (guess I will have to get a replacement from Sideshow. Once you get him set up he can look pretty cool, but I'm feeling underwhelmed by Sideshow on this release.

View attachment 228468

View attachment 228469

View attachment 228470
Great pics...though up close, they did expose the issues.

Such a shame, I was gonna buy this later. Guess I'll stick with VGM Batman for a classic suited version.

I REALLY like this figure, maybe I got lucky and got one without many issues (aside from the faceplates not staying in).

I REALLY like this figure, maybe I got lucky and got one without many issues (aside from the faceplates not staying in).

That's where I am, too. I'm glad mine came out great, but I hate it for other folks who are having issues. I was pretty nervous when I opened mine up.

Got mine in today I love it
f4e58f4164d88a3932c04d816bdbfc13.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered him through Sideshow for 174.00 with free shipping. Have all of their other DC releases 1/6, had to get him. Waiting for GL price drop.

First time poster:

I received mine and I'm very happy with the figure, but it looks like I'm in the same camp as everyone else where one of the mouth pieces won't stay on the long eared Batman.

Also, it looks like I'm missing a piece on the inside of the head that clamps to the neck ball-joint. As of now, I can't even mount the long-eared head.

View attachment 229211

View attachment 229212

I had the EXACT same thing with the blue first release. I have never been able to use the longer ear version. When i asked Sideshow they tried charging me too which I wasnt impressed with. Sloppy.

This black version has alot of modding potential. Ditch the head and cape for new ones.

I just received my shipping notice for this guy. Despite the bad feedbacks, I'm all pumped for it. I hope I won't be disappointed...

No, in all honesty, it's not that bad and I love this figure. I'm glad I have it and the good side of it is you can pose it, contrary to the much better looking HT figs. I also like the color scheme way better than the blue grey one. My only gripe is that the choice of material for the cape, definitely inferior to their previous release and those damn faceplates that won't stay put inside the long heared cowl.

So, I've had him for a couple hours now and I love it! Yes, the cape is a pain, the hips are loose, the hands keep falling and so it's frustrating to pose him but is it worth it! He looks fantastic. The heads and faceplates look amazing (and these fit and stay in place), the weathering is nice on the cowl, gloves and boots, the color scheme is great. The figure doesn't feel nor look cheap in any way.

Yes, I wish it had better articulation and more flexible material for the cape but it's still the best Batman sixth scale figure I've owned, and I've had about all that's been done in the last decade.

Three quick pics before a proper shooting in the week-end (hopefully)

Im guessing yes, but wanted to ask just to make sure: Do the faceplates from this version fit onto the original version as well?

Given two of the heads are the exact same ones as the blue's, I'm assuming yes too.

Another pair of pics:

Man, is this figure frustrating! If only it had ratchet joints at the hips. Them being loose makes it hard to have the Bat in a standing pose.

It's a shame. I returned mine. The torn insignia on chest and the loose joints were too frustrating. This would be the only batman I need if the quality was there. Will continue my batman begins hunt and hope the batflek comes through. Wanted a Miller-esque DK. Someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back