Split DC into 2 (or 3) subforums?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we seperate out 1/6 on the DC forum?

• Yes, split into 3 - DC action figures, DC customs, DC-other collectibles

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Yes, split into 3 -1/6, other action figures, other collectibles

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • No - leave it alone!

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • Yes, split into 2 - Figures (including customs) and Other Collectibles

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
Glueing, putty and painting is permanent.

Those can be undone except repaints.

Sometimes I can't get over the craziness reading this response and the topic. I don't mean you just how mad this custom vs stock disease has turned. Dips in shoes aren't curved/deep enough. Socks are slightly off pattern or too long or too short. Y-fronts are missing. The flap is too small/big. The buttons are too big/small/wrong shape/style. Repainted gloves, gloves with no buttons, gloves with the wrong shaped buttons/missing buttons, gloves with the wrong shade of silver buttons. The colour is off, here want my spyder calibrator? picking out colour palettes/wrong colour palettes. Back and forth to printers. It's a mm off! no wait too much! wait! I'm colour blind! Do we agree on the colour? ok let's vote on the colour. You're colourblind! As other members have said before, it really takes the fun out of the hobby.

It's like Frasier's dad telling him to stop overanalyzing words and things in his life. ¬_¬

I don't go into those threads - I'm over the moon happy with the DX Joker and I'd hate to have people tell me I have an inferior figure because his shoes aren't long enough. Sounds like you'd be happier if you'd avoid those threads too.

I do want to make the board more open to new members and easier to navigate though, so that's the point of this thread.

I don't go into those threads - I'm over the moon happy with the DX Joker and I'd hate to have people tell me I have an inferior figure because his shoes aren't long enough. Sounds like you'd be happier if you'd avoid those threads too.

I do want to make the board more open to new members and easier to navigate though, so that's the point of this thread.

I think, in all honesty, curiosity takes over. We are a community of collectors and I think we like to see what others are talking about, so when trying to see if maybe someone put more pics up in a thread or has a question, we go into the thread not knowing that what is really being discussed is a laundry list of inaccuracies. I love my DX as well. I understand it's inaccuracies, but I love it none the less.
The honest truth is that many ppl that frequent the DC section have become obsessed with making the perfect Heath Ledger Joker and, IMO it's what's really possibly corrupting this place especially for those who enjoy their stock figure. I have no issue whatsoever with anyone who has the pursuit of a completely accurate 1/6 TDK Joker, and I rather enjoy the amount of detail our fellow freaks can get in at this scale. I just think that that kind of talk should be discussed in an appropriate thread (or if we get a customs sub forum, there) rather than if someone comes in extactic about their Joker that they just bought for loads of money to have someone else come in and say how inaccurate it is. I think its a kick in the nadds, and may make someone feel that they just wasted a their hard earned money on something that someone else is telling them is inferior. Or rather saying somethin along the lines of of that head is awful, you need this persons head or this persons tie or shirt. I just think as a community we should be happy for one another when one of us is able to get a rare item or just all around great collectible.

I love seeing customs and making them as well, I just don't think that the stock figures should be bashed on so much when in reality they are really great figures, and everyone loved it for what it was until someone makes a new head or new this and new that. Then all of a sudden what was great yesturday just became crap and garbage today. Of course, what and how someone bashes an item can't be controlled which is why I say it would be good to have a Customs sub-section, so that sort of discussion could be left there where it should be. i think it has worked out great with the Superman customs thread that karamazov80 created, and a whole sub-section devoted to DC customs in general could possibly help clean up some of the mess

Last edited:
I believe when you split it up in three subforums it wil be easier to navigate. I have vote for the one with 3, for the 1/6 and...

IMO, Dave, splitting up the forum will do exactly that; make it easier to navigate the forum and find what interests a collector.

So far the "Yes" votes say it's a good move.

I'm not sure how these polls will work? Yes the leave it alone is winning, but if you look at it another way, most people want some kind of split.

Maybe things would be less messy if Hot Toys had it's own section, and then there was another section for all 1/6 customs?

I'm not sure how these polls will work? Yes the leave it alone is winning, but if you look at it another way, most people want some kind of split.

Maybe things would be less messy if Hot Toys had it's own section, and then there was another section for all 1/6 customs?

The "Yes" votes (29 to 17) to split the forum are winning and I'm for splitting the forum. :D

Yes, let them have their own section. The DC section needs some sanity back for the real people with morals and respectful collectors. I would really like discussions without pissy fights and slagging matches.
No, I'm not suggesting it's fine as it is. It's far from it, however if some mods kept a hold on things over the years in the DC section things wouldn't have been at the state it is now. This was before you were appointed mod status. :)

To quote another member:

Only the decent members are complaining loudly because any Joker talk is in their face day in day out. It's just like celebrity stalkers. Only the Joker posse try to parade the board thinking they've formed an elite club.

I mean seriously, it doesn't even feel like the DC section. You can't deny it. It's disturbing to say the least.

Glueing, putty and painting is permanent.

Those can be undone except repaints.

Sometimes I can't get over the craziness reading this response and the topic. I don't mean you just how mad this custom vs stock disease has turned. Dips in shoes aren't curved/deep enough. Socks are slightly off pattern or too long or too short. Y-fronts are missing. The flap is too small/big. The buttons are too big/small/wrong shape/style. Repainted gloves, gloves with no buttons, gloves with the wrong shaped buttons/missing buttons, gloves with the wrong shade of silver buttons. The colour is off, here want my spyder calibrator? picking out colour palettes/wrong colour palettes. Back and forth to printers. It's a mm off! no wait too much! wait! I'm colour blind! Do we agree on the colour? ok let's vote on the colour. You're colourblind! As other members have said before, it really takes the fun out of the hobby.

It's like Frasier's dad telling him to stop overanalyzing words and things in his life. ¬_¬

I think you need your own subforum to reminisce about the "good old days" so we don't have to hear about it in every other post. :)

Last edited:
Split it into 3 HOT TOYS, Action Figures and All Others

What about Takara Batman? Not a Hot Toys figure, but pretty much the same class (same scale, same level of detail). DC Direct and Medicom, though most consider to be inferior, are still much closer to Hot Toys than smaller scale action figures.

I think splitting it into 1/6 and all others (or 1/6, action figures, and all others) makes more sense then segregating Hot Toys by itself. Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of customs.

What about Takara Batman? Not a Hot Toys figure, but pretty much the same class (same scale, same level of detail). DC Direct and Medicom, though most consider to be inferior, are still much closer to Hot Toys than smaller scale action figures.

I think splitting it into 1/6 and all others (or 1/6, action figures, and all others) makes more sense then segregating Hot Toys by itself. Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of customs.

As I've said before - there will NEVER be a just Hot Toys subforum. This board is laid out by property and only if there was a seismic shift to a companies model like Statue Forum would Hot Toys get a subforum. However grouping all 1/6 together is likely and makes a lot of sense.

Dividing by company would definitely suck.

I still don't see why the Star Wars forum model wouldn't work. Stickied custom section, then licensed stuff in the forum proper. It seems so simple.

I'd suggest split it into "OCD Movie accurate DK/Joker" forums and everything else DC...

What the DC section looks like on any given day:

THE OFFICIAL HOT TOYS JOKER THREAD!

THE HOT TOYS JOKER's HAIR THREAD

THE HOT TOYS JOKERS VEST THREAD!

CUSTOM JOKER SOCKS!

CUSTOM JOKER SUSPENDERS!

CUSTOM JOKER KIDNEYS!

JOKERS SHOES! ANY THOUGHTS?

JOKER TOY FOR PRESIDENT?

SEX WITH YOUR JOKER TOY! TIPS?

THE OFFICIAL OFFICIAL THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL HOT TOYS OFFICIAL JOKER FIGURE!

COP JOKER PICS!

BANK ROBBER JOKER PICS!

JOKER MMS DX SERIES!

NURSE JOKER CUSTOMS!

POEMS ABOUT NURSE JOKER CUSTOMS!

:goodpost: HAHAHHA :rotfl YES YES and YES! :clap

All this Joker business has really run it's course. I really do think we have seen enough Joker custom heads and clothes!

I voted no -- I kinda like the active forum.

But, if a split needed to be made I'd split based on content rather than on figure-type, though. Maybe give Batman his own section.

SnakeDoc

Just a custom sub forum would work for me. There are loads of great DC pieces in the custom section here anyway, but they never get posted in DC.

I also see how it could be annoying for people wanting images of a stock figure to have to wade through images of the custom and modded versions, could be confusing too. (See Medicom TDK thread)

I don't like any of the proposed options.

Make it like the Star Wars section, two sections, plain and simple.

A regular DC section with official merchandise discussions and a separate custom section for custom discussions. Members looking for information on Hot Toys, Medicom, DCD etc. can easily find it in the regular DC section while members looking for information, critiques, advice and tutorials on mods/customization can find it in the custom section.

I would say 2 but have one for collectibles of all types and the other for custom whoring.

I would just say, 2

1. Customs
2. Officially licensed products of all type

Intothevoid is right!

1. Customs
2. Officially licensed products of all type

two sections:

1. official/unofficial dc products
2. customs

I still don't see why the Star Wars forum model wouldn't work. Stickied custom section, then licensed stuff in the forum proper. It seems so simple.

Agreed. This would work best as far as I'm concerned. It would make navigating this section much easier. If it were one of the options, I'm sure it would be leading.

Last edited:
I would say leave it as it is.
The same popular topics stay on top cause DC boils down to just batman and the eventual CR HT superman.

splitting it would leave you with dead subforums

This. Things get buried that nobody is interested in, the majority of the front page of the DC forum seems to have the same few threads right on top every time I check it.

Back