Split DC into 2 (or 3) subforums?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we seperate out 1/6 on the DC forum?

• Yes, split into 3 - DC action figures, DC customs, DC-other collectibles

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Yes, split into 3 -1/6, other action figures, other collectibles

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • No - leave it alone!

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • Yes, split into 2 - Figures (including customs) and Other Collectibles

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
It happened - did you blink and miss it?

Only the top pages were done - if a thread is a few pages back, it doesn't really need moving.

Thats what my beef is. :)

No offense but you must be terrible at file management. If by that logic that would be like just dust the surface and clean the work tops but heave everything else into every other cupboard and hope it goes away. Or worse yet you can't find the files you just bunged away somewhere.

I can guarantee at some point somebody will necro-post and a custom thread will be bumped to the front page. Hello mess. Hello disorganized.

Why not nip it in the bud there and then? If I put things off in life no matter what I'd never accomplish things or deal with them.

I can guarantee at some point somebody will necro-post and a custom thread will be bumped to the front page. Hello mess. Hello disorganized.

And then someone's going to post a response, asking that thread to be moved to the customs - which is going to distract from the original necro-post and add useless cruft to the thread.

Not to mention, what happens when you're looking for a thread about customs that you know exists but aren't sure where anymore? For instance, I think I'll be posting in the custom 1/6 Jim Gordon thread soon. Is that going to be in the normal DC forum, or the custom subforum? (Obviously it belongs in the custom subforum, but if it never got moved, how am I to know that it's still in the original forum?) How many pages back do you have to go through, before you decide to give in and search in the history of the subforum? You don't know when the last post was, so it's hard to tell...

If it looks like we're just whining and creating a fuss for nothing, let me just say, I just think it's easier and prevents a lot of confusion down the line to move as much as possible now, rather than wait for it to be brought back to the front page first. And wasn't one of the goals of the change to make this place a little bit easier and user-friendly for new members joining the hobby?

If the mods don't want to go through pages and pages of forum topics to tediously pick out the customs, that's understandable - and I would happily volunteer to go through them myself and draw up a list, to make life easier for the staff here.

If the mods don't want to go through pages and pages of forum topics to tediously pick out the customs, that's understandable - and I would happily volunteer to go through them myself and draw up a list, to make life easier for the staff here.

This is the most dysfunctional board I've ever been on where some mods rarely uphold things.

I've seen other boards, non-collector forums when there's a mass reorganization going on in the structure of the forum they are more than willing to get the place into tip top shape. Neowin done this once with their massive overhaul, they shut the board down for a few days to have everything listed and categorized.

Better yet why not assign mods who are willing to make it a better place. Rather than some mods who just want the name tag. These are mods that have the power to delete threads, move them... whatever it is that they do. So why aren't they doing it? So where are they? I mean look in the other section, there's even a thread in the wrong section thats official.

Look at the custom/commerce section. 4 threads or so moved.

Back