Split DC into 2 (or 3) subforums?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we seperate out 1/6 on the DC forum?

• Yes, split into 3 - DC action figures, DC customs, DC-other collectibles

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Yes, split into 3 -1/6, other action figures, other collectibles

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • No - leave it alone!

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • Yes, split into 2 - Figures (including customs) and Other Collectibles

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Would you like to see the DC section split into "action figures (including 1/6)" and "other collectibles"? Maybe a third section for customs?

I would say a simple solution might be to seperate it by Batman and then everything else.

If by some miracle Superman or another licence somehow became as relevant in the collectible arena then you just add the new space.

I would say leave it as it is.
The same popular topics stay on top cause DC boils down to just batman and the eventual CR HT superman.

splitting it would leave you with dead subforums

I'd suggest split it into "OCD Movie accurate DK/Joker" forums and everything else DC...

:rotfl :rotfl

Yes, let them have their own section. The DC section needs some sanity back for the real people with morals and respectful collectors. I would really like discussions without pissy fights and slagging matches.

Intothevoid is right!

1. Customs
2. Officially licensed products of all type

I don't think DC currently has much to speak of in terms of "other collectibles." DC Direct does some statues here or there, but they don't get a lot of attention on the boards from my observation.

So, until Sideshow gets the DC license, I think it is fine keeping 1/6th scale figures, and figures of all types really, together with statues, scale Batmobiles, etc.

There are lots of (mostly Batman-related) custom threads, though, so it might make sense to keep those separated to minimize some of the cross-breeding in other threads that seems to make folks angry.

From a selfish standpoint, I'm only interested in 1/6 stuff, both custom and not. So option 2 is best for me, though option 4 is not bad.

I think people mix and match custom and official products in one figure enough that you'd get crossovers in posting subject matter anyway, so from a practical standpoint, it doesn't make sense to split up official DC figures and customs.

For instance, what if you do a cape mod? Is that now a custom figure, or still an official product? Can you post pictures of it in the official product section? And if not, what happens when someone says "You should do a cape mod" in the official product section? Then you get another debate about mods and customs, even though customs have their own forum. It's not going to be easy to keep those two sections distinct, without being fascist about it.

It seems like there are two issues here - should customs be relegated to their own sub-forum? And should action figures have their own sub-forum? (and on a lesser scale, should 1/6 stuff be relegated to its own sub-forum, apart from other action figures?)

For the most efficient solution, those issues should probably be discussed and solved separately, and not with one all-inclusive poll.

two sections:

1. official/unofficial dc products
2. customs

What is the difference between an unofficial DC product and a custom?

I don't think DC currently has much to speak of in terms of "other collectibles." DC Direct does some statues here or there, but they don't get a lot of attention on the boards from my observation.

So, until Sideshow gets the DC license, I think it is fine keeping 1/6th scale figures, and figures of all types really, together with statues, scale Batmobiles, etc.

There are lots of (mostly Batman-related) custom threads, though, so it might make sense to keep those separated to minimize some of the cross-breeding in other threads that seems to make folks angry.

That is a point -currently there are 7 threads on the front page that aren't 1/6. Even if other manufacturers were to get the DC license, they wouldn't be contributing a ton of product quickly.

I voted three, but two would work as well. I just think customs need their own section. The rest can stay together. But for sure a customs sub-forum. Its crazy in here! :lol

Back