Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this one earlier today. Fun movie, and a nice palette cleanser after the heavy Avengers films. Won't get into spoilers yet, but was disappointed by one plot twist, and pleasantly surprised by the mid credits scene.

To khev's post, I'm not sure why they were saying this is the end of a phase of movies exactly. I don't think it's the beginning of something wholly new, either. It's a clear, logical continuation of what came before.

A couple of things get set up for the future, but that's usually the case.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Does Mysterio have basically the same plan in mind as IncrediBoy in The Incredibles?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Definitely do not read spoilers I think these 2 end credits have to be the most jaw dropping spoiler heavy end credits in all of the MCU!

But to answer your question...for me...EG is the definitive ending this movie is absolutely NOT needed in your Infinity arc MCU collection.

This movie is just a quick epilogue that barely even touches upon the reverse snap ramifications and if anything the world seemed pretty damn normal to me so if what you seek is a deep dive examination into the impact the reverse snap had on the social geopolitical world stage you will be sorely disappointed.

If that’s not you’re looking for then be prepared to be highly entertained, him swinging thru Manhattan has to be the best swinging Spiderman ever put to film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of awesome web swinging, I noticed what appeared to be two very direct references to the spidey ps4 game. One was his selfy, which only happened for a second but looked almost exactly like the one in the video game. The other was a post credits observation.

I also noticed some fairly subtle political undertones to this movie. But I think it was intentional. In some ways, this movie is a product of its time.

One other thing- one scene in act 2 provided an opportunity for yet another ht spidey release. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Just got back. I quite liked how Mysterio was handled. I liked most of the humor as well. Spidey action was great. And I honestly think Holland and Zendaya have great chemistry. I’d give it a 7.5/10

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, zendaya was quite good here. They also seem to be setting up Flash as a more sympathetic character.

To those who already saw it:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Won’t see it til Friday but I keep hearing this and that about it. Mainly good things. As a fan who lived through the asm era and seeing people praise that horrible franchise back then I really hope this movie is as good as people are saying and not just hype . I love Spider-Man so I sincerely hope this is just as good as Spider-Man 2 cause nothing really tops the raimi level action tbh. So I hope fans reactions aren’t just riding that hype wave only to realize later it was meh.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved spiderman 2, not only did we see dr octopus wearing two trenches, it set up one of the first mentor/turned villains for all the wrong reasons, sm2 is my top spiderman 2, FFH is second!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought SM2 was pretty corny myself. I think I enjoyed the first one more, even with Iron-Goblin.

But yes, all Spidermen that followed were pretty sad. Except Homecoming. I have come to really like that movie. Probably my favorite Spiderman movie now.

That said, all it would take to unseat it is a Spiderman movie with a great villain. I said 'great'. And he can't cry at the end and ask for forgiveness or sacrifice himself for the greater good. I don't get choked up at that garbage. That's for sidekicks to do. Give me a villain who's rotten to the core who must simply be stopped by a hero. Let the hero be a hero. Spiderman needs his Thanos.

I loved spiderman 2, not only did we see dr octopus wearing two trenches, it set up one of the first mentor/turned villains for all the wrong reasons, sm2 is my top spiderman 2, FFH is second!

I know you're one of the people that was greatly affected by that mediocre movie. Lot of pining from someone who uses 'two trenchcoats' as a reason to love the movie. You must have been 10-13 when that movie came out. Or younger.

How 'bout the incredible action set pieces. Doc Ock made for a terrific physical villain for Spiderman to fight against (even if it didn't make sense how he was able to take Spidey's punches) in contrast to say Elektro (sp?) in ASM2.

Incredible scope, great action set pieces and some solid comedy (Bruce Campbell and JK Simmonds) are what made Spiderman 2 my fave Spiderman film. Still love it to this day.

Yeah same here. Spiderman 2 is still the best. Homecoming is pretty meh...does not really feels like a SM movie

Yea, that's mostly my problem with the MCU Spiderman films. They've changed too much of the iconic lore for it to really feel like Spiderman.

A lot of people claim that they are just playing the long game and Holland will eventually turn into classic Peter Parker. Well its been 3 years and 4 movies since Civil War and he's still in highschool, and there's been zero sign of the MCU lore moving any closer to the classic Spiderman world we all know and love. In fact FFH seems to only be doubling down on these changes. And with Holland already in his mid-20s, its unlikely he'll grow too much physically either.

Back