Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not who I would have pictured as Felicia Hardy but okay....

Black Cat News That Has Nothing to Do with the Janet Jackson Song
Posted at 2:06 PM Nov 10, 2009

​Meet Rachel McAdams, star of Wedding Crashers, The Time Traveler's Wife and Guy Ritchie's upcoming Sherlock Holmes. You don't hear too much gossip about Ms. McAdams, so maybe she is one of those nice Hollywood starlets who wants to live a celebrity life free of controversy. So I wonder how she is feeling right about now that thousands of unkempt nerds across the nation are groping their nethers and fantasizing about her in a latex Black Cat costume. Yes, apparently she is in talks to take on the role of Spidey's lovesick sometimes nemesis.

Here's what Slashfilm has to say on the matter:

Rachel McAdams has met with the producers of Spider-Man 4 to play the role of Black Cat. The female cat burglar has long been rumored to be part of the next installment of Sam Raimi's big-screen Spider-Man series, although there has never been confirmation of such. If true, she would likely be one of two rivals in the fourth movie (technically, she is more of an anti-hero/love interest). Many other people assume that the other villain would be The Lizard. Black Cat would be a good addition to the film series as she would fit into both Peter Parker's personal and private superhero storylines.

This seems like great casting news, but are two villains really necessary again? And just what is Bruce Campell's "expanded role"
in the flick going to be? Most importantly, will Spidey ever dance
again? • C.C.

I think she's beautiful, and though I haven't seen that many movies featuring her, I think she'd do okay in the role. I guess for a lot of fanboys, she doesn't have certain...assets that have made the established Black Cat character so popular with adolescent boys and middle aged adolescent boys.

terrible photoshop from i09
blackcat.jpg

Better than who they got to play Mary Jane. :monkey3

another poor casting choice by raimi and co.
first the terrible mistake that was kirsten dunst, now mcadams.

it's not like she's a lousy actress. she's just too frail and waif-like for a such a dynamic character like black cat. and i don't mean just physically. imo, she always come across as being kinda withdrawn and fragile in all her roles.

hope they prove me wrong this time though...

Eliza really wanted the Black Widow role. She would have been a nice choice for Black Cat as well.

Apparently other actresses are meeting with producers as well just McAdams is the favorite. Personally I would have gone with ELISHA CUTHBERT. Girl Next Door anyone?

Looks like Romola Garai has auditioned for the role recently as well and her name is coming up as much as McAdams....

romola-garai-50.jpg

Scarlett Johansson for MJ Watson.. :lecture Marvel, please reconsider, the talent fee is nothing considering the returns you'll get!!! :lecture

scarlett_johansson.jpg

scarlett_johansson3.jpg

scarlett-johansson-2.jpg

scarlett-johansson.jpg

:banana:monkey5

Back