1/6 Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

You're a braver man than most I'd say by attempting to body swap this suit.

If I hadn't done it already with the PS4 Spider-Man I wouldn't be as confident. Once you get one under your belt, it's gets easier every time. It is so satisfying to be able to pose your Spider-Man figure the way you should be be able to. Plus for animating, it really is a must. Here's the proof.

Ps4-Spider-Man-Swing by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

PS4-Spidey-Swing by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

It's not that the poses are photoshopped, but rather that they have no need to protect the figure from damage in their photoshoot. You can generally achieve those poses..
You just probably shouldn't if you want your figure to remain pristine.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It's not that the poses are photoshopped, but rather that they have no need to protect the figure from damage in their photoshoot. You can generally achieve those poses..
You just probably shouldn't if you want your figure to remain pristine.

They've shown figures in poses that are impossible to get without damaging the clothing or figure itself. Maybe "photo-shopped" was the wrong term, but they definitely use some tricks when marketing these figures.

If I hadn't done it already with the PS4 Spider-Man I wouldn't be as confident. Once you get one under your belt, it's gets easier every time. It is so satisfying to be able to pose your Spider-Man figure the way you should be be able to. Plus for animating, it really is a must. Here's the proof.

But is the suit all baggy and loose when he's in a regular museum pose?

I gotta stop looking at this figure...

But is the suit all baggy and loose when he's in a regular museum pose?

Not at all. It has the built in muscles and padding. I can't hang loose. It is not like the Scarlet Spider suit. The PS4 suit is a lot thicker. Here he is standing in the background in a museum pose.

DSC09529 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09530 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Love this suit but will definitely be doing a body swap to a seamless body for greater articulation. I will try and take pictures showing the process and post it here.

Which seamless body do you use?

Kinda weird, toy buying agent is asking me to upgrade to express shipping (about $33) as they say standard delivery from Hong Kong to us is suspended

Kinda weird, toy buying agent is asking me to upgrade to express shipping (about $33) as they say standard delivery from Hong Kong to us is suspended
Yeah, HK post isn't shipping to certain countries due to COVID. I had to make similar arrangements for some Daftoys sets from TNS.

It's not really that weird at all, those services are still suspended to the US, he can't offer them to you right now. You can always just wait until HK Post/airmail is back up and running. I had to wait a couple of weeks for my Krennic and Leia/Wicket set to the UK until the services resumed because I wasn't willing to pay more for shipping.

It's not really that weird at all, those services are still suspended to the US, he can't offer them to you right now. You can always just wait until HK Post/airmail is back up and running. I had to wait a couple of weeks for my Krennic and Leia/Wicket set to the UK until the services resumed because I wasn't willing to pay more for shipping.

Same with me to Central Europe. The wait sucks, but anything to save some money on shipping.....:lol

What’s weird to me that express shipping is allowed but standard is not

What’s weird to me that express shipping is allowed but standard is not

Express is with EMS, so probably a private company like UPS etc who needs to turn a profit. The other is probably state based, so extra cautious maybe ??

Express is with EMS, so probably a private company like UPS etc who needs to turn a profit. The other is probably state based, so extra cautious maybe ??

Yeah, idk
Not sure what the logic of stopping state shipping but then allowing private shipping
Seems like everything would just go private in response to the suspension, which makes the suspension a moot point

The listing on their site shows an ETA of December 2020. So a few months after Sideshow - assuming Sideshow's total allocation arrives in one batch.

They can be a bit random though, Leia and Wicket are out now and shipping but Krennic ...did anyone get theirs from PC?

My concern with this is the possibility we will miss out on allocation of the these figures and the prices inflate very quickly after release. I don?t want to pay the extra either but there are zero signs on the horizon that shipping is resuming to Australia (for example) any time soon.

My concern with this is the possibility we will miss out on allocation of the these figures and the prices inflate very quickly after release. I don?t want to pay the extra either but there are zero signs on the horizon that shipping is resuming to Australia (for example) any time soon.

If you buy now they'll hold onto your figure until shipping resumes though, at least Toys Buying Agent did for me anyway.

If you buy now they'll hold onto your figure until shipping resumes though, at least Toys Buying Agent did for me anyway.

Well that?s good to know. I have a couple ordered with them and they have been great with the customer service so far, they just kept offering the expensive express shipping :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that?s good to know. I have a couple ordered with them and they have been great with the customer service so far, they just kept offering the expensive express shipping :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This what he sent to me:

"my friend, thanks for buying Hot Toys MMS519 ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY 1/6 DIRECTOR KRENNIC
airmail services (including EMS) to the UK are suspended in Hong Kong Post
while orange connex speedpak is only available for eBay transactions
so the item can't be shipped by hong kong post or orange connex for now
would you mind paying an extra 320 HKD for FedEx priority (4-6 days delivery)? if so, I'll send you a Paypal invoice for that
alternatively, I could refund 180 HKD to you. and wait until airmail to the UK resumes in Hong Kong Post.
please let me know which method you prefer
thank you
"

As soon as I said I'd rather just wait he refunded my original shipping fees and then shipping it for free to me around a month later.

Back