1/6 Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you’re done please share some tips and a few pics. I would love to do that to mine but have no idea how to do it.
I swear I’ve seen this multiple times already. Liar!!!
IMG_0861edit.jpg

IMG_0860edit.jpg

I didn't forget!

Still a WIP. I intend to add some bendy wires to the side so the web cape can actually bend and add some dynamic posing options, but so far I like what my experimentation has wrought.

I got resourceful here. The cape is a combination of a used dryer sheet to give it that transparent, fibrous, torn look I was hoping for, and I used hot glue to create web strands to catch the light and give it texture and variety. The whole thing is attached by a thin wire that hooks around his neck and isn't visible. I'll think about adding some mild weathering or other details, but it's amazing what a cape can do to a figure.

View attachment 602948
View attachment 602949

I didn't forget!

Still a WIP. I intend to add some bendy wires to the side so the web cape can actually bend and add some dynamic posing options, but so far I like what my experimentation has wrought.

I got resourceful here. The cape is a combination of a used dryer sheet to give it that transparent, fibrous, torn look I was hoping for, and I used hot glue to create web strands to catch the light and give it texture and variety. The whole thing is attached by a thin wire that hooks around his neck and isn't visible. I'll think about adding some mild weathering or other details, but it's amazing what a cape can do to a figure.
Nice work, definitely adds more presence to this figure!!
Very creative!!

View attachment 602948
View attachment 602949

I didn't forget!

Thanks for sharing the how to. Seems easy enough to DIY. I would personally make the cape slightly shorter, and maybe less wide, but if you add the wires it might be better if the cape is longer/wider. It looks much better than I expected GJ!

View attachment 602948
View attachment 602949

I didn't forget!

Lookin' good! The cape definitely evokes more of a comic book vibe.

Swapped the dx19 belt with the dx12. Belt was way too big so I decided to do some quick mods. Cut the belt and used superglue to reattach it at the front.

Looks way better without the cape, why no one told me it was hideous??

Next addition to this will be a simple low effort webcape.
1684189840149395674977798270358.jpg

Attachments

• 16841896992797002394462804765213.jpg
    16841896992797002394462804765213.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 0
2v50vf.gif

9971322.gif

0NL6PfP.jpg
TRhx6Od.jpg

spider-man-2099-2.png

Also I recognize this is the game version, yet after Óscar Isaac Hernández voiced Miguel O’Hara in the Spider-Verse post credit scene, anyone else wish we had a 1/6 Poe Dameron figure, to just swap heads with for a removable mask portrait.
7lwkxq.gif

So chance this gets revisited with a more Óscar Isaac(ish) alternate head sculpt?

Though I appreciate it's stylized for animation, I'm not crazy about the slight obscuring of the bizarre skull motif of his costume, which made it quite unique, and is almost lost here.
across-the-spiderverse-miguel-ohara.gif

Last edited:
Swapped the dx19 belt with the dx12. Belt was way too big so I decided to do some quick mods. Cut the belt and used superglue to reattach it at the front.

Looks way better without the cape, why no one told me it was hideous??

Next addition to this will be a simple low effort webcape.
View attachment 639700
I don’t think it looked hideous with the cape. That said I think it looks better without the cape in my opinion because it lets more of that beautiful costume show.

I don’t think it looked hideous with the cape. That said I think it looks better without the cape in my opinion because it lets more of that beautiful costume show.
Yeah I agree. It looks alot more aggressive without the cape. Now I'm trying to think what part of Iron Man I can use to put on him without actually cutting the figure but I'm afraid there are no options.

0NL6PfP.jpg
TRhx6Od.jpg

spider-man-2099-2.png

Also I recognize this is the game version, yet after Óscar Isaac Hernández voiced Miguel O’Hara in the Spider-Verse post credit scene, anyone else wish we had a 1/6 Poe Dameron figure, to just swap heads with for a removable mask portrait.
7lwkxq.gif

So chance this gets revisited with a more Óscar Isaac(ish) alternate head sculpt?

Though I appreciate it's stylized for animation, I'm not crazy about the slight obscuring of the bizarre skull motif of his costume, which made it quite unique, and is almost lost here.
across-the-spiderverse-miguel-ohara.gif

Anyone who was anticipating HT might do a more realistic (like they do with animated Clone Wars figures) Oscar Isaac(ish) alt. Miguel head...
Oh, well there it is, yeah that head is way to stylized to work as an alt Miguel head swap here.

If you still want to picture Isaac as Miguel O'Hara, other than HT's unproduced Poe, the Soosoo apparently has an umasked Mr.Knight head.
7n5hkr.gif

7787d9ea9e75e4860cbac868c9eab9cb.png

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing.

Problem is there is no zipper on this figure, so any sort of body swap seemingly would require opening a seam (or two) significantly, which I don’t have the balls or skills to try.

Has anyone replaced the 2099 hot toys body with a phicen body? Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing.

Problem is there is no zipper on this figure, so any sort of body swap seemingly would require opening a seam (or two) significantly, which I don’t have the balls or skills to try.

I recall a forum member doing full body swaps with seamless bodies, on the Advanced suit and Mark IV figures I believe. But yeah it seems like it’s a very involved and extensive mod given the nature of the suits.

Last edited:
I recall a forum member doing full body swaps with seamless bodies, on the Advanced suit and Mark IV figures I believe. But yeah it seems like it’s a very involved and extensive mod given the nature of the suits.
Yeah and the suit is so beautiful on this figure, I would be so worried about ruining it.

I have to say I think this figure is a bit underrated/under-appreciated. Maybe because it does look a lot better in-hand than it does in even the best photos.

For anyone still on the fence on this figure, it is 25% off on Sideshow right now.

I know it doesn’t get all that much love in this forum but it is a really great looking figure in hand.

For anyone still on the fence on this figure, it is 25% off on Sideshow right now.

I know it doesn’t get all that much love in this forum but it is a really great looking figure in hand.
It was my first Hot Toy figure, and while it's not perfect, it is absolutely a gorgeous figure and I have zero regrets.

It was my first Hot Toy figure, and while it's not perfect, it is absolutely a gorgeous figure and I have zero regrets.
Oh wow, that was a cool way to get into the game!

It is a beautiful figure, sadly I think most pictures (certainly mine) don’t capture some of the more unique and interesting details on the costume very well, which is probably part of why this figure is sort of under appreciated.

Back