1/6 Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everytime I see an art piece of 2099, it always surprise me how visually appealing he is. Makes me want to get this figure after geeksgiving... my only issue are the red things on the forearm. The should?ve been bigger in my opinion.
Curious why insomniac went with the smaller ones. Looks more like an afterthought then a part of the suit.

Is it possible to remove those two things on the forearms?
2606387c9cc6315a45b886ccdf99ccc8.jpg

Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Yes, this is an awesome figure no doubt, and it is much more striking in person.

I have put mine in storage but based upon pictures I took and my memory, I don?t thing the spikes on the forearms can be removed without damaging that area or at very least leaving unattractive indentations

Attachments

• 09F06C19-BE5B-4DE0-A67D-F91ED26C3C56.jpeg
    09F06C19-BE5B-4DE0-A67D-F91ED26C3C56.jpeg
    655.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 66FD2F88-A8C7-46DE-8493-256D8D0AC50A.jpg
    66FD2F88-A8C7-46DE-8493-256D8D0AC50A.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 265
  • 8DA0965C-E421-4121-A9BD-BEBD1DFD97F1.jpg
    8DA0965C-E421-4121-A9BD-BEBD1DFD97F1.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 1106DFBF-E960-4618-A2F5-6968EB3BF5D5.jpg
    1106DFBF-E960-4618-A2F5-6968EB3BF5D5.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 279
Yes, this is an awesome figure no doubt, and it is much more striking in person.

I have put mine in storage but based upon pictures I took and my memory, I don?t thing the spikes on the forearms can be removed without damaging that area or at very least leaving unattractive indentations

Another issue I had, was that the figure looks very bright blue in most pictures/vids I?ve seen. But the colour of your pictures are exactly what I wanted. Unbelievable how the suit look so different in lighting.

Incredible. You have convinced me to get this. Thanks for your feedback about the spikes, much appreciated!

Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Another issue I had, was that the figure looks very bright blue in most pictures/vids I?ve seen. But the colour of your pictures are exactly what I wanted. Unbelievable how the suit look so different in lighting.

Incredible. You have convinced me to get this. Thanks for your feedback about the spikes, much appreciated!

My pleasure!

His suit is a very deep blue so the red parts contrast really well. My pictures didn’t capture it very well but despite the dark blue color, there is a tremendous amount of detail and varying textures visible on the suit.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Already being discounted? HT pricing people out. Exclusives taking much longer to sell out.

Which is a GOOD and BAD thing.

GOOD because that means the Exclusive might be available much longer. Fence-sitters either commit or not. The years of wide-spread HT collecting are kind of "gone". Most collectors are very selective. I scaled back my Hot Toys collection a few years ago because of the prices and the fact I collect other lines.

BAD because this has been a pattern we've been seeing occur more often. Hot Toys' prices keep going up and sometimes there's little-to-no justification other than the usual inflation, license costs, etc. etc. I'd glad accept Hot Toys scaling prices back down if it meant cuts on such things are: elaborate box-design and including a dynamic figure stand (maybe go back to the plain ones). I honestly think if Sideshow had more sales and/or actually started a practice of reducing their Hot Toys prices...they actually might get a boost in sales.

Anyways, glad he's readily available, I got him early from China and an extra from Sideshow...but yes, he will steadily sell out eventually. The ADVANCED SUIT had been available and in-stock for MONTHS, it has finally now just been added to the Waitlist and is slowly starting to sell out.

Everytime I see an art piece of 2099, it always surprise me how visually appealing he is. Makes me want to get this figure after geeksgiving... my only issue are the red things on the forearm. The should?ve been bigger in my opinion.
Curious why insomniac went with the smaller ones. Looks more like an afterthought then a part of the suit.

Is it possible to remove those two things on the forearms?

Artists have always depicted Spidey 2099's arm blades in different sizes. I think the size is pretty accurate to how they have usually been drawn. They're more for design aesthetics rather than he actually uses them (he has finger talons anyways and in the comics is usually slashing people with those) as Miguel acquired his suit from a 'Day of the Dead' festival in Mexico when he took a trip down there a while back. The artwork you posted has them actually exaggeratedly drawn too big.

They are NOT removeable.

Yeah, the size of the blades in Insomniac's design (and, thus, the HT figure) is accurate to how they've typically been drawn in the comics.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Still enjoying this figure more than I expected to. I?m not sure how most feel about him in this forum but I think he is great.
It seems like the response to him here has been a bit lukewarm, but I could be mistaken or maybe so much has happened recently with newer releases maybe those have simply captured people?s interests (which is understandable).
Any way how do you guys feel about this figure ...

Attachments

• 265463B0-886D-4734-BA51-27C6671A0987.jpg
    265463B0-886D-4734-BA51-27C6671A0987.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 160

I look at mine everyday. I’m still glad I picked it up.

Still enjoying this figure more than I expected to. I?m not sure how most feel about him in this forum but I think he is great.
It seems like the response to him here has been a bit lukewarm, but I could be mistaken or maybe so much has happened recently with newer releases maybe those have simply captured people?s interests (which is understandable).
Any way how do you guys feel about this figure ...

I'll be getting mine soon, maybe within the next 2 weeks or so if shipping cooperates (it's coming from down unda, oi, oi, oi!). So once I do I'll be sure to share some pics and my insight! :lecture

B24B30D8-009C-4FC4-A8BA-AFCFD764EFA4.jpg

I'll be getting mine soon, maybe within the next 2 weeks or so if shipping cooperates (it's coming from down unda, oi, oi, oi!). So once I do I'll be sure to share some pics and my insight! :lecture

That?s great news gmoney!!
I am looking forward to hearing your assessment, I hope you like him.

Anyone seen attempts at a webbed cape for this guy?

That?s great news gmoney!!
I am looking forward to hearing your assessment, I hope you like him.

Thanks man, yeah I think I'm gonna like him! Based on all the videos and photos I've seen he looks great!

Hey gang -- so received my Spidey 2099 on Monday but finally got to opening him up last night. As I was inspecting him this morning under natural lighting conditions I noticed the back of his head was covered in scratches. Part of me suspects this is damage from the factory but just wanna make sure this might not be part of the helmet design (although I highly doubt it).

Also this is my first time purchasing from Popcultcha and my experience has, thus far, been very positive. I am a bit annoyed about potentially sending the defective head back only cause I'm on the east coast in the US and they're all the way in Australia, so it's gonna be a bit of a hassle. Anyways for those of you who have patronized them in the past how are they when it comes to exchanges of defective parts?

Anyways, see photos below. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

20210116_135849.jpg
20210116_135901.jpg
20210116_140012.jpg
20210116_140436.jpg

Hey gang -- so received my Spidey 2099 on Monday but finally got to opening him up last night. As I was inspecting him this morning under natural lighting conditions I noticed the back of his head was covered in scratches. Part of me suspects this is damage from the factory but just wanna make sure this might not be part of the helmet design (although I highly doubt it).

Also this is my first time purchasing from Popcultcha and my experience has, thus far, been very positive. I am a bit annoyed about potentially sending the defective head back only cause I'm on the east coast in the US and they're all the way in Australia, so it's gonna be a bit of a hassle. Anyways for those of you who have patronized them in the past how are they when it comes to exchanges of defective parts?

Anyways, see photos below. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Mine does not look like that. I agree that it’s a factory defect and not the design. I’ve never dealt with Popcultcha before but I’ve heard good things. It may take a long time, but hopefully they can just send you a replacement head.

It could just be from shipping too. My AMATW Ant Man and EG War Machine both had paint scratches right on the front of the helmets. It looks like the paint rubbed off/got scratched from shipping. I ordered one from Timewalker and the other from SSC directly. I got replacements for both from SSC without any issues or hassle. Hopefully the same goes for you!

Mine does not look like that. I agree that it’s a factory defect and not the design. I’ve never dealt with Popcultcha before but I’ve heard good things. It may take a long time, but hopefully they can just send you a replacement head.

It could just be from shipping too. My AMATW Ant Man and EG War Machine both had paint scratches right on the front of the helmets. It looks like the paint rubbed off/got scratched from shipping. I ordered one from Timewalker and the other from SSC directly. I got replacements for both from SSC without any issues or hassle. Hopefully the same goes for you!

Gotcha, appreciate the response. I'll email Popcultcha now, hopefully they can just facilitate the replacement from SSC directly so it'll cut the wait time down significantly.

Gotcha, appreciate the response. I'll email Popcultcha now, hopefully they can just facilitate the replacement from SSC directly so it'll cut the wait time down significantly.

My experience with them was great I had the Starlord red neck issue, sent them photos and then sent back my figure and they just replaced the whole thing.

Back