Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Barryo, Awesome custom in all the way:horror The weathered and accesories are very well done. Congrats :rock

well after quite a while i finally finished my road warrior custom.
head - spenser
body truetype - i wanted an arm sleeve but didnt
leather jacket & pants - storerooms biker set (not screen accurate but oh well)
shotgun - wesker triple barrel (really not screen accurate...:lol)
shotty holster - handmade
boots - i've ordered so many just not sure
kneepads - cut from some special ops set
fingerless gloves - dragon
leg brace - hand made (pain but it actually works, jointed with brads)
added the binoculars, metal tools, pouches, knife,
weathered everything
Picture134.jpg

this was a long time coming but im glad he's done........well almost done. gonna replace a few of the straps on the leg brace with a belt & buckle like the top one & add some spikes to the spurs.

Been looking into doing one myself lately... BTW Barryo, yours turned out great! :rock

Does Spencer still sell casts of that head?

Spenser would be the best person to ask of course, but there's a very good chance he still has the molds. I don't think he made any more than a dozen castings, at least for the people who signed up from this thread. It's a shame really, it's such a fine sculpt and looks great in person.

Barryo, that Road Warrior is outstanding and I'm extremely jealous right now! :lol Spenser's sculpt looks great on that costume you put together! Bravo!!! :clap
:rock :rock :rock

thanks everyone i do appreciate the comments..............screen accuracy aside i think he came out pretty good. kinda brings me back to the energy this thread once had & has me wanting a wez & humongous. i have a body for humongous and really that would be a pretty simple custom to do except for maybe the horse collar thing, but with a little ingenuity of the freak talent on the board we could figure it out.

watching mad max & road warrior tonight to keep on track..............:rock:rock:rock

This is interesting news I stumbled on in Tom Hardy's wiki:

In June 2010, Hardy announced on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross that he will play the title role in a remake of Mad Max.

Great job on your Max custom barryo! How did you weather his outfit? Dry brushing? What colors, or mixture of colors did you use? Did you use acrylic paints? Pastels? Some other medium? Let me know. Thanks! :wave

I am using the SS Terminator 2 T-800 biker outfit for my Max from The Road Warrior. I think it's going to work out great. I hope it fits well on a TT body.

Meh. If it's not bleak, violent and have awesome customized muscle cars. Its going to suck.

They will prolly be running around in riced up Civics. . .

Yes, Hardy is Max. I'd love to see him as the next Bond.

Great job on your Max custom barryo! How did you weather his outfit? Dry brushing? What colors, or mixture of colors did you use? Did you use acrylic paints? Pastels? Some other medium? Let me know. Thanks! :wave

I am using the SS Terminator 2 T-800 biker outfit for my Max from The Road Warrior. I think it's going to work out great. I hope it fits well on a TT body.

leathers were lightly sanded with a fine sandpaper & used ground up pastels for highlights.....mainly a yellow with brown mix but also a bit of white in places. some of the metal bits had a light brown/red mix to simulate a slight rust look.

Thanks barryo! I will do that with my T-800 outfit I'm using for my Max custom. I appreciate your help! :wave

Here's the start of my Max "re-do" . There are a few things I am going to change, tailor the jacket to fit ( not sure what body to use yet ) replace the large zipper, tailor the pants to be a closer fit. Reduce the thickness of the sleeves . But I think I'm off to a good start.

max1.jpg

Hey Paul!

Glad to see you're back to work on your Max project! An excellent looking start so far, too. I expect your finished Max will turn out to be one of the best of all. Looking forward very much to seeing him finished! :cool:

Regarding suitable bodies, I'm hoping the male EVO body by Triad Toys will be ideal for Max if/when they ever get around to releasing it. From the latest I've read, they will incorporate interchangeable parts and the absence of the obvious neck seam should be a plus for Max customs. Hopefully the size will be the correct proportions for Max as well. :)

Unfortunately, Triad Toys is taking forever with the release of their EVO and EVA bodies! Hope we won't have to wait too much longer... I preordered mine over a year ago already! :monkey4
:impatient:

Use a Soldier Story body instead. I used them for Indy and they work great.

Here's the start of my Max "re-do" . There are a few things I am going to change, tailor the jacket to fit ( not sure what body to use yet ) replace the large zipper, tailor the pants to be a closer fit. Reduce the thickness of the sleeves . But I think I'm off to a good start.

max1.jpg

Wow Paul! :clap
Great so far!

Hey guys, just wondering what you guys are using for the metal tools that are hanging on the front (the spanner and other thingy - don't know what it is) and what you're using to attach them to the shoulder strap.

Thanks!

Back