Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forum and Mad Max is one of my absolute favorite characters! I've been through all 71 pages of the thread and still have no idea where to start on this one. I just got into customs so i'm not really up on who's who around here lol. can anyone point me in a direction?

You aren't alone! A few people have gone ahead and made their own versions of Max, but one of the biggest problems seems to be finding the best leather outfit for him. I found several patterns of 1:1 replica Max jackets, and want to make a 1:6 scale pattern when I have the time. If I or anyone else can find a good source for properly scaled black glove leather, then we might be able to get something going in that department, but until then that part of the figure seems to be the biggest problem with customizing a screen accurate MM/RW figure. :(

Btw, have any of you heard there's another Max movie in the works? It seems George Miller is still in the casting process, and there's no word as to whether Mel Gibson will return as Max or not (last I heard), but it looks like there is definitely another Max movie on the way! :banana

Here's another Max i recently finished.
The outfit is a higly modified sideshow temrinator leathers.

IMG_4591-1.jpg

IMG_4593-1.jpg

IMG_4594-1.jpg

IMG_4597-1.jpg

IMG_4598-1.jpg

IMG_4599-1.jpg

IMG_4600-1.jpg

IMG_4602-1.jpg

IMG_4604-1.jpg

IMG_4605-1.jpg

Man I love this movie. I wish I could commission one !

Or better yet. SIDESHOW !!!!!

Too bad Gibson won't sell rights for his image. :(

The outfit is a higly modified sideshow temrinator leathers.

This is great news because with the scarcity of the Sat Toys biker outfit and the impending T2 from HT, I'm definitely planning on using my old SS T-800 clothing to finish my own Max. And the way you did yours looks great.

Incredible Elvis, This is an extraordinary custom with many work in the outfit. !!!:chew

Time to bring this thread back to life.
Here's new Max I'm working on.
He's not finished yet but wanted to show the WIP.
This is the Chris H. headsculpt that i got from Toyadventurer. I drilled the neck and add a ball jointed neck.
The outfit is from the sideshow terminator completely refitted and weathered.

IMG_3277.jpg

How can I get a copy of that head? It looks terrific!

Just admiring the great customs on the thread. The figure above looks awesome. I just finished off modifying the ford falcon vehicle and added in the siren sound effect to the car. Short vid below.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5v_xivdTJZE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5v_xivdTJZE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

It's not road warrior but still max with my favourite look from the first movie.

It was a challenge to retailord the sideshow T800 leather but it came out great!

and a WIP of my Snake Plissken

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

It's not road warrior but still max with my favourite look from the first movie.

It was a challenge to retailord the sideshow T800 leather but it came out great!

and a WIP of my Snake Plissken

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

Just amazing, as always, elvis. Where did you get the boots? Also, how do you go about getting faux leather for the custom pieces? Just at a fabric store?

Just amazing, as always, elvis. Where did you get the boots? Also, how do you go about getting faux leather for the custom pieces? Just at a fabric store?

It's real leather actually (for both holsters).
I buy some old leather jacket and it works great!

Back