Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

That is the Mad Max I've longed for... I'm probably in the minority, but I've really just wanted a figure from the original film. You kicked that figures ass :rock :rock :rock

It's not road warrior but still max with my favourite look from the first movie.

It was a challenge to retailord the sideshow T800 leather but it came out great!

and a WIP of my Snake Plissken

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

AMAZING! Luv it :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

You are the f'n man Seb :bow

bad to the bone elvis.............max looks awesome.

Why doesn't Brother's Productions make one?

well after quite a while i finally finished my road warrior custom.
head - spenser
body truetype - i wanted an arm sleeve but didnt
leather jacket & pants - storerooms biker set (not screen accurate but oh well)
shotgun - wesker triple barrel (really not screen accurate...:lol)
shotty holster - handmade
boots - i've ordered so many just not sure
kneepads - cut from some special ops set
fingerless gloves - dragon
leg brace - hand made (pain but it actually works, jointed with brads)
added the binoculars, metal tools, pouches, knife,
weathered everything
Picture134.jpg

Picture136.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture144.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture150.jpg

this was a long time coming but im glad he's done........well almost done. gonna replace a few of the straps on the leg brace with a belt & buckle like the top one & add some spikes to the spurs.

thanks evil......

i was curious of how long this project had gone on & found in this thread where i received spenser's sculpt back on 06-13-2008...........:horror. damn im slow..:cool:

I'm slower.... still no where near ready and I've been planning this project since 2003. But I have that Spenser sculpt and boots and a leg brace and a can of Dinky D :lol I never could get a set of Sat Toys Biker gear, that was the big hold up. Then I was waiting for Billy B... then... who knows?

Your custom looks great! I didn't know Max had a grenade on his belt... creative liberty there.

I'm thinking once I get the HT T-800, I'll be using the SS T-800 for Max's clothing.

I'm slower.... still no where near ready and I've been planning this project since 2003. But I have that Spenser sculpt and boots and a leg brace and a can of Dinky D :lol I never could get a set of Sat Toys Biker gear, that was the big hold up. Then I was waiting for Billy B... then... who knows?

Your custom looks great! I didn't know Max had a grenade on his belt... creative liberty there.

I'm thinking once I get the HT T-800, I'll be using the SS T-800 for Max's clothing.

i know that the leathers aren't screen accurate but for $29 & no word of any of the custom outfits i got tired of waiting & pulled the trigger & for me......close enough.

yea, grenade idea was from seb's version & i also added a pair of pliers for him as well. seems like he could use those things....:D
Picture139.jpg

Weathering is top f'n notch :rock :rock :rock

Very nice barryo! You should be very proud man, you did a great job!

That make two of us. Frustrating, to say the least. I have most of the basic parts needed except for an accurate set of leathers for him. I do have the Sat. Toys biker set, but the jacket just has too many things that are different from Max's simpler style, and I don't want to bother fiddling with it when there must be somebody, somewhere, who can make a better, SA version.

I might've found somebody who'd be willing to give it a shot, but still waiting for a response. Here's a link to the thread if you or anyone else is interested. This guy definitely has the right stuff, and hopefully he can be encouraged to make some cool SA Max outfits for those of us who still need 'em. :D

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62103

And here are some other examples of Kato.E's leatherwork:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75016&page=2

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70186

Is he even willing to make it? I've seen people ask to make stuff but he doesnt seem to answer.

Is he even willing to make it? I've seen people ask to make stuff but he doesnt seem to answer.

Well that's really the big question. He did sound pretty reluctant to be perfectly honest. He appears to be very capable of producing a quality item, but it may not be something he wants to do. If so, then that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Still, if there's a chance I'm willing to pursue it as far as it goes, 'cause I'd really like to complete my figure within this lifetime, which is only getting shorter by the day!!!

Would be kewl if he does. I would buy a new set of leathers for Road Warrior and the first Mad Max film.

Back