Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

I think the 12" HHH figure will work great for Humungus. Cut the hands at the forearm and put HT or BBI ones on and repaint the body. The mask would be sculpted to a head since we never see a face. Should be a good staring point. Just waiting on one of those HHH to show up in my area, all I see are the other 2 wraslers.

Have you checked Toys R Us? I bought mine at the store in Quail Springs... they had an ass-load of them.

I think there is a 2nd wave coming as well which might have some more options.

AMAZING MAX!

Great work, Elvis!

Hy everyone, here's a little teaser of my finished custom MAD MAX!
Need to take pictures of the custom bae i've made!
Will soon post some more pics and closeup + the full list of all the stuff i used to make it!
Tell me what you think!
thx
seb

max.jpg

I think the 12" HHH figure will work great for Humungus. Cut the hands at the forearm and put HT or BBI ones on and repaint the body. The mask would be sculpted to a head since we never see a face. Should be a good staring point. Just waiting on one of those HHH to show up in my area, all I see are the other 2 wraslers.

Is the Hogan one the same as those older 12" buff-as-sshsit WWF figures?

No Hogan in the series so far... there's only been one series and it was newer wrestlers.

review_hhh_large.jpg

A bit smaller than some figures, but I think he will look fine with Dragon based Max figures.

Haaaaa now that i've finished my max I think i will work on HUMMUNGUS! I would prefer Wez but SPENCER will you do the head you think????
come on guys make this thread alive!!!!

Haaaaa now that i've finished my max I think i will work on HUMMUNGUS! I would prefer Wez but SPENCER will you do the head you think????
come on guys make this thread alive!!!!

Do Humungus, that would be awesome!

And yes, Spenser was originally supposed to do WEZ after Max, but the sales just weren't there at the time. But a new energy is growing here, thanks in large part to your custom, Elivis.

I can try to PM him again and see if he's got the time or interest.

But we'd better have a good idea where the outfit parts are coming from otherwise no one will buy the head.

I know you're pretty good at custom stuff, maybe you have some ideas how to make some of the bits?

All I can suggest for Wez is: 1) football shoulder pads with chest rig (DML) and 2) Ken Harley figure that has chaps (that's key for Wez).

The wrist gauntlets and boots and other stuff might have to be hand-made.

for wez i think we need to find those shoulder pads and make mold of it!
For the leather chaps i can make them it's not a big deal! And for the rest it's just bash!
So everybody come on wake up WEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey no in fact it's the one i used for mine my dear evilface! But with a lot of tweakings!!
GIve it a second shot

It takes tweaking, but it is still not right. Max has very plain leathers. The seams that run over the legs and the extra zippers on the jacket and lace up sides arent on Max. Can you take a pic of the side of the jacket?

I'd love to, but its too much money for me plus to ship here to the states.

And Evilface is technically right. The pants aren't correct, and the jacket has too much detail... but it can still work very well as we've seen with Elvis' Max.

I want the jacket because I may swap it out on my Terminator, then give the T-800 jacket to Max. I think that would work. What do you think, EF?

i agree that it isnt screen accurate for max, as its been designed for a terminator, bet there isnt really much on offer in respects to leathers for a max figure, we pretty much have to work with what we can

Time to bring this thread back to life.
Here's new Max I'm working on.
He's not finished yet but wanted to show the WIP.
This is the Chris H. headsculpt that i got from Toyadventurer. I drilled the neck and add a ball jointed neck.
The outfit is from the sideshow terminator completely refitted and weathered.

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

outstanding work as always. cant wait to see the base you come up with.

what is left to do??

Back