Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Great job Elvis1976, nice to see some MM stuff.

That looks so cool. Its only a matter of time before e get an official max. Surely.

Well, yesterday, I received information from a very, very reliable source in the entertainment industry, that "some company" is trying to acquire permission/license rights for Road Warrior characters. So far (or as far as I was told) Vernon Wells' (Wez) and Virginia Hey's (Warrior Woman) agents have been reached to discuss a deal for "statues" of their characters. I asked about 12" figures but only the word "statues" was mentioned and that a french sculptor from "the company" would be doing the job.:chew

So, there you go!

Awesome Seb!

I can't wait to get started on mine... but I'm having a hell of a time finding the Sat Toys Biker outfit. Also still waiting on the Max headpaint. But patience will prevail!

How do you get your hands on those outfits, Seb?

I really had to dig deep to find this thread... doesn't anyone have anything new to share or discuss here? Anyone???

WOW! It's back!

This project is still on my "finishing table" -- has been for a long time -- but I'm still looking for the right parts. Elvis did an amazing leg brace for me. I have a sculpt to be painted. But everything is on hold until I can find the Sat Toys Biker set or something similar.

WOW! It's back!

This project is still on my "finishing table" -- has been for a long time -- but I'm still looking for the right parts. Elvis did an amazing leg brace for me. I have a sculpt to be painted. But everything is on hold until I can find the Sat Toys Biker set or something similar.

This was just too good a thread to let die!!! I think we're both pretty much in the same boat... I got BillyB's parts kit and a really nice painted Max sculpt from Spenser... the only thing holding me back all this time has been the leathers! I've got the Sat Toys biker outfit but it just isn't cut right for a SA Max outfit.

BillyB hasn't been around for a while, as far as I know, but last I heard he wasn't too pleased with the jacket he was working on, so I don't know what's up with him these days.

I'm still trying to locate a supplier of real glove leather, thin enough to be in scale, but tough enough to hold up under all the futzing and weathering required. If it's too stiff it just won't hold the folds and creases realistically, and that's not good enough (for me, anyway).

It may take a while, but if/when I do find what I'm looking for, I've been working on my wife to get her to help me sew up a working prototype, based on a SA pattern of the jacket Max wore in The Road Warrior. If we manage to get that far, I'll be sure to let everyone here know! (Unless of course, HT beats us to it!) :)

WOW! It's back!

thats whats holding mine up as well.
i still dont understand why the hell saturday toys hasnt re-issued that set. like someone said before.......it's like printing their own money..:banghead

thats whats holding mine up as well.
i still dont understand why the hell saturday toys hasnt re-issued that set. like someone said before.......it's like printing their own money..:banghead

What surprises me even more is why they haven't realized how many people would probably go nuts for an accurate "Road Warrior" set of skins!

Ok im' finishing my third max.
I'm using the sideshow terminator leather set.
Once you removed some details on the jacket it looks more accurate than the saturday toys one. But you will have to retailor it a lot.

WIll postpics very soon!

In fact i have lareday begun an Humungus.
I had an Ivan Drago body here and i have the mask. So expect to see some Humungus love real soon!

Ok im' finishing my third max.
I'm using the sideshow terminator leather set.
Once you removed some details on the jacket it looks more accurate than the saturday toys one. But you will have to retailor it a lot.

WIll postpics very soon!

Sell it to me :)

Time to bring this thread back to life.
Here's new Max I'm working on.
He's not finished yet but wanted to show the WIP.
This is the Chris H. headsculpt that i got from Toyadventurer. I drilled the neck and add a ball jointed neck.
The outfit is from the sideshow terminator completely refitted and weathered.

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

Awesome work. Looks fantastic.

It does look fantastic! :D I still want a custom Mad Max from The Road Warrior (my favorite Max film!). I hope to make one someday. I still have to check with BillyB for the gear. :eek:

Back