Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if we don't see any Solo figures at SDCC, they are done.

I have a feeling they’ll reveal more since the movie is still pretty fresh and since prototypes have probably been in the works since the films majority of filming has been done. I believe it takes several months to put one together and they’re not just gonna trash something they’ve worked on. Im hoping for more: Mudtrooper , Mimban Trooper, DEATHSTAR TROOPER, Enfys Nest... but unfortunately these will just be previewed probably to never see production and just be added to the Howard private stash/collection :(
Baze, Classic Stormtrooper, Gonks, 1/4 Vader...

If they make Glover, he’ll be super limited if released at all.
The movie was decent and suffered from the fan wake of TJL, which was a travesty in the construction of the epic, but visually and cinematically awesome.
I don’t see how JJ can salvage all the **** holes Johnson left for him. I mean between the two of them and Rey’s over powered skills, what even exactly would Luke come back to teach her? If her parents are nothing, she can already move mountains with the force, and resist mind probes with no training whatsoever, why the fork would we need a Luke ghost? Oh AND she beat Kylo in lightsaber duel...where could this character possibly go without pulling some asinine Ryan Johnson bait and switch move?
Solo is decent (though NO ONE asked for that movie), this new trilogy is headed for a mediocre ending, and yes a soft reboot needs to give this franchise an enema so they can clear the slate for some good Star Wars stories.

Just give me Beckett, Lando and make the Solo sculpt actually look like Alden and we're good.

One thing that always wrecks my head - EA and Hasbro have access to 3D scans of the actors...why the **** don't HT jump on that bandwagon here? Artistic pride? Clearly it didn't work for Han.

Not in Asia.

Hell, even Tarkin got made before BDW Lando. Something is amiss...
I mean, there apparently is that cultural stereotype or whatever that might influence that. But HT is a worldwide company, especially with the small numbers they're kicking out again, I have no doubt they could sell out.

I have absolutely no dog in the fight though as I wouldn't buy regardless. But it's an interesting hypothetical.

They’ve made tons of black characters already from other movies.

Maybe they’re waiting for Episode IX to see if Lucasfilm finally stops snubbing old Lando. But I’m guessing SDCC, sounds like he’s ready to go, but so was ROTJ Luke for a long time.

Tons...?

Finn, Nick Fury, Nolan, Black Panther and Killmonger... who else?
Several? War Machine, Deadshot, Elektro, does Gamora count?

Don’t really follow the licenses outside Star Wars but maybe there’s a couple more. All those are smaller characters in the grand scheme of thing than Lando. I’m sure they plan on him is all.

Deadshot, Black Panther, War Machine and Killmonger all also came with masked sculpts, as well as unmasked ones. And Elektro only came with post-transformation blue skin head sculpt, while Gamora is a green skinned alien, so the last two characters hardly reflect the actors under the makeup in figure form.

Just saying.

I still want a BDW Lando more than any other figure (I might take a Glover Lando as well, but only after BDW), but if he doesn't happen soon I will find it a bit of a worry, personally...

I knew I forgot one... WM. And Deadshot. So 7 figures in all. Not sure that's "tons" but it is more than I thought.

Now lets talk about American Indian representation by Hot Toys... (and no, not Tonto).

To be fair you'd have to talk about native american representation in popular film and tv first. It's hard to blame a company for not making figures of something that barely exists to begin with... :p

I knew I forgot one... WM. And Deadshot. So 7 figures in all. Not sure that's "tons" but it is more than I thought.

Now lets talk about American Indian representation by Hot Toys... (and no, not Tonto).

If they made Andy Serkis but skipped Black Panther and Killmonger we’d know there was an issue with Hot Toys.

The Hispanic slights from Hot Toys might be more a thing. #wheresPoe #wheresCassian #JimmySmitz!

Yes, I was disappointed that after seeing the prototype for Baze show up and got photographed at so many shows, he was a no-show for PO.

I got Churrit - it's a great figure but he looks incomplete on display w/o his buddy Baze. I hope HT reconsiders and puts it up for PO but I think pigs will fly first...

As for Lando, yes-the only three ESB-related figures I hope are must-do's for HT are BDW Lando, Bespin Han and General Veers.

As for "Solo", I am very interested to see what turns up on display at SDCC- will there be any more entries from this? Qi'ra (Kessel outfit please), Lando, L3, Range Trooper, Beckett and Enfys Nest would all make good figures but- as we've seen with TLJ and Rogue One, what we might consider "essential" or main characters get ;left in the lurch.

Krennic or Cassian, anyone? Poe or Hux?

We might see an new Chewie (he's teased in the proto-photos of Han), and Mimban Trooper (muddy stormie w/ black cape). And MAYBE a Range Trooper, since so many other versions are out there giving him high viability from this movie even if the screen time was light.
We may see protos of Lando, Becket and (hope against hope) Enfys Nest* -but like many before them, they'll never make it to PO status.

* - I really want a high-end figure of this character- the awesome design elements and intricate detailing could potentially be a real show stopper on the shelve-but I know I'm dreaming...plus, all of that gear and detailing could make it an expensive figure.

Re: Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Several? War Machine, Deadshot, Elektro, does Gamora count?

Don’t really follow the licenses outside Star Wars but maybe there’s a couple more. All those are smaller characters in the grand scheme of thing than Lando. I’m sure they plan on him is all.
Blade, 4 Michael Jackson figures (though a couple were post skin lightening), Obama truetype, Apone, Mr. T, Apollo Creed, Rock from gi Joe, Fatburn, and Sam Jackson from Spirit are some others off the top of my head. There have been quite a few.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So...I got tired of waiting to see if Hot Toys would make a Qi'ra and decided to do a custom of her. I posted pictures on my IG account. She came out really great!
Qi'ra.jpg

Last edited:
Back