SooSoo - 1/6 SST-048 White Wolf Geralt (Netflix) Season 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is Soo Soo's plan with these? Didn't they say Xmas release? It's almost Xmas and they even haven't showed them. I'm becoming desperate. Want this to be Season 2 Geralt, more than anything now.
Finally WETA reached back to me with cancellation confirmation. My life has no meaning now. I still had a slight hope. I even reached out the sculptor,he had no idea about the news and was equally devastated as this Geralt was his first piece for WETA. Life sucks. No item is safe now.
the-office-dwight.gif

I know I take everything to the next level :D Better this figure be Season 2 variant lol 1/6 figures gonna be superior anyway, bye WETA. This was my first and last order from them. lol

But Weta can still prioritise making a giant Ent who had maybe 5 seconds of screen time, that only 0.3% of fans could name…
I still think the real reason behind it is Cavill leaving the show, seems like he declined using his likeness for the merch once his contract expired, they just told me ''the official statement'' no way they couldn't produce it while producing lot of unknown characters. Makes no sense. There is wonky dark horse figure coming, guess it will be cancelled as well, haven't preordered that one tho. Seems Cavill is taking everything with him, I love him very much but still feeling betrayed. This isn't cool. I don't believe the public opinion about that situation, I don't believe that he left the show for the nonexistent Superman movie or bc of not agreeing with the creative direction, probably something else happened, anyway whatever, give me my 1/6 figures.

Last edited:
It's very clear he left because of the showrunner's lack of appreciation and understanding regarding the source material. If you listen to early interviews, Henry literally calls out Lauren any time he discussed wanting to introduce book material, and she fought it. There's a point where he literally says he pushed for more dialogue to show Geralt's intelligence in season 2, despite Lauren's vision.

That sounds like from day 1 he faced an uphill battle trying to bring his passion for the source content to the front.

It's very clear he left because of the showrunner's lack of appreciation and understanding regarding the source material. If you listen to early interviews, Henry literally calls out Lauren any time he discussed wanting to introduce book material, and she fought it. There's a point where he literally says he pushed for more dialogue to show Geralt's intelligence in season 2, despite Lauren's vision.

That sounds like from day 1 he faced an uphill battle trying to bring his passion for the source content to the front.
That's a narrative we want to believe, but I don't believe it. Every actor has a script in prior, if he didn't like the writing should have left after season 1, while season 2 was horrible, season 1 wasn't any better. At this point I wish they casted someone else from the start who would finish the whole project, seems Netflix won't cancel the show anytime soon,they are doing another spinoff about THE RATS, between season 3 and season 4. So yea, good or bad Witcher franchise is doing strong on Netflix. I have no idea why they decided to make a show about THE RATS, they aren't beloved characters in the books, but Ciri joining them for a while, so timeline makes sense.

P.S. I also don't believe Netflix didn't try to keep him at all costs, something else happened and we will never know that.

That's a narrative we want to believe, but I don't believe it. Every actor has a script in prior, if he didn't like the writing should have left after season 1, while season 2 was horrible, season 1 wasn't any better. At this point I wish they casted someone else from the start who would finish the whole project, seems Netflix won't cancel the show anytime soon,they are doing another spinoff about THE RATS, between season 3 and season 4. So yea, good or bad Witcher franchise is doing strong on Netflix. I have no idea why they decided to make a show about THE RATS, they aren't beloved characters in the books, but Ciri joining them for a while, so timeline makes sense.

P.S. I also don't believe Netflix didn't try to keep him at all costs, something else happened and we will never know that.
Personally I think season one was much better than season two, and I know a lot of people agree. Season one was much more in-line with the books, with the main critcisms being how the time jumps weren't obvious leading to confusion. Generally audiences liked season one (90% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes) while they disliked or were indifferent to season two (59% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes).

Also, Cavill may not have had the whole script for season one before he signed on, and he would have signed a contract for multiple (three?) seasons, so perhaps he's now able to leave the show without breaking his contract.

Personally I think season one was much better than season two, and I know a lot of people agree. Season one was much more in-line with the books, with the main critcisms being how the time jumps weren't obvious leading to confusion. Generally audiences liked season one (90% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes) while they disliked or were indifferent to season two (59% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes).

Also, Cavill may not have had the whole script for season one before he signed on, and he would have signed a contract for multiple (three?) seasons, so perhaps he's now able to leave the show without breaking his contract.
Season one of course was better...we need to keep in mind that season 2 was made in Covid and they changed a lot of plans,that's why it was mostly indoors. Anyway I don't know anything any more. I wish they made some kind of explanation, fans deserve that. Interview with Liam introduction would be great as well, there would be a different reaction, none of his main costars commented or liked Cavill's goodbye post. That's why I think something else happened. Usually costars are friendly to each other and support publicly on social media. At least they did before.

Season one of course was better...we need to keep in mind that season 2 was made in Covid and they changed a lot of plans,that's why it was mostly indoors. Anyway I don't know anything any more. I wish they made some kind of explanation, fans deserve that. Interview with Liam introduction would be great as well, there would be a different reaction, none of his main costars commented or liked Cavill's goodbye post. That's why I think something else happened. Usually costars are friendly to each other and support publicly on social media. At least they did before.
Ah, that's interesting about his co-stars, and I agree that's a strong indicator that something happened.
There's probably a non-disclosure period they all signed and we wonmg find out for another five years.

Wouldn't be shocked if there's a lot of bad blood between Henry and the cast and crew for making the decision to leave, it never looked like most of them had any good chemistry anyway and there's rumors him and the showrunner had a lot of misunderstandings, he most likely signed a 3 year deal and became a nuisance on set trying to salvage this sinking ship by constantly talking about Witcher lore to the cast and crew but we'll probably not know for a long time.

Honestly it doesn't really matter for me, if I want to expirience The Witcher world I'll just launch Witcher 3 and enjoy that instead which is vastly superior to the medicore Netflix adaptation.

Wouldn't be shocked if there's a lot of bad blood between Henry and the cast and crew for making the decision to leave, it never looked like most of them had any good chemistry anyway and there's rumors him and the showrunner had a lot of misunderstandings, he most likely signed a 3 year deal and became a nuisance on set trying to salvage this sinking ship by constantly talking about Witcher lore to the cast and crew but we'll probably not know for a long time.

Honestly it doesn't really matter for me, if I want to expirience The Witcher world I'll just launch Witcher 3 and enjoy that instead which is vastly superior to the medicore Netflix adaptation.
Yea while I love the books, Witcher 3 is the first thing what comes in my mind when I hear that tittle,so for now Witcher show is whatever. It is what it is, I can't change anything.

Yea while I love the books, Witcher 3 is the first thing what comes in my mind when I hear that tittle,so for now Witcher show is whatever. It is what it is, I can't change anything.
At least enjoy the fact we'll be able to use S1 and S2 armor for Geralt in Witcher 3 now plus the swords. And new side quest it's going to take us back to good times. I know Henry will probably enjoy it himself. Lol

At least enjoy the fact we'll be able to use S1 and S2 armor for Geralt in Witcher 3 now plus the swords. And new side quest it's going to take us back to good times. I know Henry will probably enjoy it himself. Lol
For sure he will enjoy and regret his decisions ha! Super excited about the game! Hope Soo Soo announces an amazing figure soon, so I'll be fully healed lol

For sure he will enjoy and regret his decisions ha! Super excited about the game! Hope Soo Soo announces an amazing figure soon, so I'll be fully healed lol
I don't think he'll regret it as much knowing the showrunners ruined it for him and fans. I think if anything he is probably upset He couldn't do anything for it, and wasn't able to enjoy himself as much as he would had they respected the SM. It makes me mad knowing these clowns are allowed to make entertainment, and it's anything but that because of their own personal agendas for them to feel important or special.

I don't think he'll regret it as much knowing the showrunners ruined it for him and fans. I think if anything he is probably upset He couldn't do anything for it, and wasn't able to enjoy himself as much as he would had they respected the SM. It makes me mad knowing these clowns are allowed to make entertainment, and it's anything but that because of their own personal agendas for them to feel important or special.
While I don't agree with their choices it was expected that they would rewrite the history, bc every other show and everything fictional doing this nowadays. I just wanted a visually pleasing show,with epic battles,cinematography and music. I got none of this. (First season soundtrack is great)
I'm giving a chance to Liam, I hope netflix puts their mess together and upgrades everything,bc of backlash they have to.
Henry is my fav guy for many many years,since Tudors so always gonna support him whatever his doing,this is not the end,just Geralt is my fav character and it was a big deal for me, hit me harder than it should. I hope Liam proves us wrong and I'm gonna beg for his figure in 2024 lol rumor says he was in their top list back then,before Henry "stole" the part,so who knows maybe he'll be great. I like him and always did. "DRESSMAKER" is one of my fav movies.

I don't know what kind of game Soo Soo is playing, but where are these teased figures? Doesn't banner say Xmas 2022 release? I thought they have produced all of them through the year and it was a surprise. Meanwhile they teased Soldierboy 3D sculpt on the computer screen...once other company announced him. Bad marketing and management. Ignoring me in the comments all the times when I ask about Geralt.

I don't know what kind of game Soo Soo is playing, but where are these teased figures? Doesn't banner say Xmas 2022 release? I thought they have produced all of them through the year and it was a surprise. Meanwhile they teased Soldierboy 3D sculpt on the computer screen...once other company announced him. Bad marketing and management. Ignoring me in the comments all the times when I ask about Geralt.
I've read it as the "Reveal" will drop at xmas, not the release. But that could just be me

I wouldn't be surprised if they bin this after the Cavill debacle. Buzztoys is doing the more iconic Cavill armor already. The margins on these third party figures are so thin as is, as @R_R_X tends to allude to that I think the motivating factors to pursue this figure's production are drying up.

Back