SooSoo Toys "The Saviour" Ozymandias | Watchmen 2009 | 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, for me it’s not a dealbreaker at all that he’ll be in more or less a museum pose. In order to protect the figures that’s what I do with all of them anyway. I mean I do something subtle to pose them that still makes them look natural and realistic, though. But anyway, that said, it’ll be interesting to see how dynamic I can get some poses when I do a photo shoot. As long as I can get a couple of decent action poses I’ll be satisfied.

Another review video, again in Spanish, but one can use CC and auto-translate.

Finally unboxed this figure today on Christmas Day, and I'm super pleased. I only put figures in dynamic poses for photo shoots. Otherwise I can add some nuance to the stance in a more or less museum pose that still makes the figure look great to me.

Just out of the box in a simple museum pose I think this figure looks fantastic. The suit looks great! Both head sculpts are for me like 9/10. I'm a happy camper!

I'll try some more dynamic poses tomorrow. See how much articulation I can get with that rubber suit.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

Last edited:
Yes! Marvellous!

I've not had the chance to get photos of mine yet as I really want to get the creases out of his cape first but I've done some minor modifications by putting some more padding under the suit in the upper arms and thighs. Made the suit fill out more consistently, especially when limbs bend.

The suit is in two halves, top and bottom, with the belt hiding the seam. The belt is glued, but easy to prise apart with a thin blade and some heat. I did end up cutting the back of mine to make it easier to get on and off, but I'm sure you could massage it off if you have more patience. I found cutting the back allowed me to tighten it up a bit when it went back on too.

Yes! Marvellous!

I've not had the chance to get photos of mine yet as I really want to get the creases out of his cape first but I've done some minor modifications by putting some more padding under the suit in the upper arms and thighs. Made the suit fill out more consistently, especially when limbs bend.

The suit is in two halves, top and bottom, with the belt hiding the seam. The belt is glued, but easy to prise apart with a thin blade and some heat. I did end up cutting the back of mine to make it easier to get on and off, but I'm sure you could massage it off if you have more patience. I found cutting the back allowed me to tighten it up a bit when it went back on too.

I look forward to seeing how this works out. I guess the suit deforms, and then looks unnatural, at joints/bends where there’s a gap between suit and body?

Isn’t there also a problem of the plastic or rubber, whichever it is, also being too thick, and as such lacking pliability, to get much range of motion? Well, anyway, I’m going to see for myself this afternoon when I try some dynamic poses.

Ended up having only about 5 minutes to do this, so I just tried grabbing a few dynamic poses. I mean, yeah! Articulation is limited. But it's possible to get something fairly dynamic. I'd really have to dote on it to get just the right pose and photo result to be really happy with it. Maybe in the coming weeks.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

Attachments

• 86953316-F2D4-4B70-BD49-CF43844EEED8.jpeg
    86953316-F2D4-4B70-BD49-CF43844EEED8.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi all, has anyone in the UK had their pre-order yet from a UK supplier?

Back