Slik?s Star Wars customs and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So years I?ve been thinking that TFA Chewbacca was the worst HT figure ever made. But I really felt like I needed a Chewie for my Solo Han and found guides how to mod the TFA Chewie into something passable. So I bought it expecting an abomination that would need a lot of work... just opened him up. And he?s so SO much better than I had imagined. Actually I think he might be better than ANH Chewie that I also have. They might not all be equally good, but I don?t think I need to cut this one open to make him preventable.
Right out of the box (he?s really hard to take pictures of...):
dfa0f390d41bfeb631b3e24a545e50d6.jpg

921aab94475e57c16ee32f70ab6f34fc.plist
You either 1 got lucky or 2 someone already did the mod...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great job, Slik!!

I purchased the files just this morning and will begin printing out soon.

What was your experience with filling in the gaps and sanding? Also, did the primer used cover up any of the intricate skin detailing?

Great job, Slik!!

I purchased the files just this morning and will begin printing out soon.

What was your experience with filling in the gaps and sanding? Also, did the primer used cover up any of the intricate skin detailing?

I used Milliput for the gaps. It looks great. I only used a coat of sealer and minimal sanding of the textures, so it looks fine :)
Only problem I have is that the feet are too big. It?s a choice they made to have it being able to stand perfectly without a base... and it does. So maybe that?s a good thing.

Thanks! I did purchase dark gray filament which should capture the base color very close. Minimal sanding should do the trick. I don't want to lose that amazing skin detailing.

Thanks for the info on the feet. I had not noticed that but it does make sense.

EDIT: By the way, did you print it in .3 or .2mm layers?

Last edited:
Thanks! I did purchase dark gray filament which should capture the base color very close. Minimal sanding should do the trick. I don't want to lose that amazing skin detailing.

Thanks for the info on the feet. I had not noticed that but it does make sense.

EDIT: By the way, did you print it in .3 or .2mm layers?

Oh I printed it at .12 mm.

Back