Sideshow / Arsham Studio: Star Wars - C-3PO / R2-D2 / Han Solo in Carbonite - Crystallized Relic Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Arsham Studio and Sideshow are proud to present the C-3PO™ Crystallized Relic Statue, a new fine art Star Wars™ collectible from world-renowned contemporary fine artist Daniel Arsham.

Sculpted in Daniel Arsham’s signature style of creating future relics, this C-3PO fine art statue blends the timelessness of pop culture with the natural erosion of elements. The result is a contemporary piece of mythmaking that uncovers a piece of galactic history for collectors and art enthusiasts to enjoy. The sculpture reimagines this beloved protocol droid as an archaeological monument from a long time ago and far, far away. Arsham's proprietary crystalline patterns artfully blend with the complexity of the figure's construction, with cast details perfectly preserved and scaled down from a life-sized, hand-made and unique fine artwork made by Arsham Studio.

Each piece in this limited-edition release measures 18.5” tall and stands on a 7x7” blue-tinted base to subtly and elegantly highlight the delicate monochromatic matte design of the sculpture. The C-3PO Crystallized Relic Statue comes in custom-designed rigid, magnetic closure packaging that features concept art of the fully realized collectible highlighted with spot gloss. Custom-cut high-density foam provides premium protection, while the sleek, matte black exterior decorated with silver foil, and the official Sideshow and Arsham Studio seals, is display-worthy in its own right. Star Wars collectors won’t want to miss their opportunity to bring home this museum-quality collectible, the first in a series designed by Daniel Arsham and produced by Sideshow.

Unearth the possibilities of pop culture and fine art in your collection with the C-3PO Crystallized Relic Statue by Daniel Arsham today.

F6bwXLo.jpg

QmQvma6.jpg

Link to Sideshow's web site

Also:

4xOBaL1.jpg

3SFmNIZ.jpg

Last edited:
SS sent me a notification that this was available, but I do not recall ever signing up to be notified.

With Greg Anzalone sending a separate CEO email about this, they're really trying to plug it.

They're pushing these hard.

Personally don't see the interest in it, and I can spend my $700 elsewhere, especially for this scale.

I'm sure they'll have an audience for this, but not sure how large it will be.

The comments on their official FB post about this are telling

Looks cool. But do recall it having some blue/cyan in damaged areas in promo pictures. Now gone. Would’ve been nice with some more colors.

Not interested in this one today. Maybe later, but quite pricey for something non-star wars.

I received an email from someone high up in the Sideshow chain…maybe the President of the company? Anyway, he was commenting on how he could count on one hand the number of times he has interacted with his customers which I thought was really sad. Then, he proceeded to hype this new line. So, I scroll down and see the statue. Wow. I am speechless. I am thinking he might be able to count the edition size of these on one hand. This will be very telling to watch develop.

I received an email from someone high up in the Sideshow chain…maybe the President of the company? Anyway, he was commenting on how he could count on one hand the number of times he has interacted with his customers which I thought was really sad. Then, he proceeded to hype this new line. So, I scroll down and see the statue. Wow. I am speechless. I am thinking he might be able to count the edition size of these on one hand. This will be very telling to watch develop.
I received the same email and had the same reaction.

His lack of interaction with the customers is very telling about the difference between Sidehow 15 years ago and Sideshow now. Boo.

Back