Skin tone paint?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update....I just keep mixing colors, I have no idea how I got to this point, but this is the best skin tone I've had, so very happy with it. I painted the open sores with a red and then washed over it with the same wash I'm using for the regular skin, so as to try to tie it in.

All in all, I'm very happy with the flesh tone that I've somehow magically achieved. The head will be the only skin you'll see on Deadpool, so the nice thing is I don't really have to worry about matching the head color to a body color....but I still wanted to try to get something as realistic as possible. :)

602715_10152184097249460_492269046_n.jpg

@Pajji:

Glad I was of help :) , sometimes we need a little push to the right direction to keep going and finding our own path. The paint work looks great so far!.

BTW, I'm no pro, I'm just a passionate hobbyist :) .

Thanks for taking time to answer some of my questions :1-1:
Before you told me about the Grey Primer I was about to use a gloss primer by mistake :slap ...and that tutorial simplified everything for me!

Also you Leslie Neilsen is looking flawless! :clap

@Cheungkinmen

Thanks for the tips. I've seen this video before, but I never really tried using windex to dillute my paints. Oh yeah one more thing, I use paste acrylic paints that come with in tubes, and not the liquid ones, because they are easier to find at my local stores. Maybe that is the reason they're harder to airbush?

@Cheungkinmen

Thanks for the tips. I've seen this video before, but I never really tried using windex to dillute my paints. Oh yeah one more thing, I use paste acrylic paints that come with in tubes, and not the liquid ones, because they are easier to find at my local stores. Maybe that is the reason they're harder to airbush?

Oh definitely, the paste tube acrylic are for canvas painting, not for this kind of work. You should get the liquid ones no doubt.

Well....as happy as I was with the very fleshy looking skin tones that I got last night...It just wasn't befitting a cancer-ridden Deadpool. So, I messed him up a bit.

I then painted his eyes white, and they were SO clean and white, that wouldn't do either...so I messed those up a bit too.

Then I figured I'd have the same problem with his teeth, so I didn't even bother painting those white. I did add some Raw Umber to his teeth, it's a pretty grey/green looking color, so I figured it would dirty up his mouth a bit.

I think this is my final for this paint job....thoughts, critiques?

22186_10152185538529460_272567707_n.jpg

150598_10152185538579460_600883523_n.jpg

You+get+this+_19cda55658fb52fc3e38d84a595f688c.jpg

Looking pretty nasty right there, awesome job. As for the teeth, I recommend painting them, use some yellowish creamy white instead. A light brush should work.

Has anyone ever used Mr. Base White 1000 as a primer? I'm painting a female head with pale skin so I'd figured this might be better than grey primers. Also, do I need to sand it?

mr-base-white-spray-1000.jpg

Has anyone ever used Mr. Base White 1000 as a primer? I'm painting a female head with pale skin so I'd figured this might be better than grey primers. Also, do I need to sand it?

mr-base-white-spray-1000.jpg

The one time that I used white primer didn't go as I expected because the skin tone paint has to be applied in thin layers, or at least that's what I do, around 6 to 7 thin layers by brush. The problem being that because you have to apply thin layers the white would still be very noticeable making you having to apply even more layers than with grey primer, which would be 6 to 7 or more like I said. Again, at least with how I do things, I know some people use white primer with no problem.

I am not an expert but I think that airbrushing skin tone over a white primer gets better results than hand brushing, because of the blending and smooth distribution of paint over the surface.

The one time that I used white primer didn't go as I expected because the skin tone paint has to be applied in thin layers, or at least that's what I do, around 6 to 7 thin layers by brush. The problem being that because you have to apply thin layers the white would still be very noticeable making you having to apply even more layers than with grey primer, which would be 6 to 7 or more like I said. Again, at least with how I do things, I know some people use white primer with no problem.

I am not an expert but I think that airbrushing skin tone over a white primer gets better results than hand brushing, because of the blending and smooth distribution of paint over the surface.

Thanks for your input. Grey it is then. What's your opinion on sanding? Do I need to sand even with a spray primer? I've never sanded before, I'm assuming just scrub it under tap water..

Thanks for your input. Grey it is then. What's your opinion on sanding? Do I need to sand even with a spray primer? I've never sanded before, I'm assuming just scrub it under tap water..

Depends, I never sand, but sometimes when you hold the spray can too far away the primer particles will dry before reaching the surface, so in that case you might want to sand a little if you see the surface a little rough, BUT if you sand too harshly you might sand away details on the sculpt.

In other words, if you do it right, there is no need to sand.

Back