Sith Probe Droid IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
Thanks Josh!

I was looking at the Canon SD700 IS too. Anyone know anything about that one?

I have a Powershot Pro1 which is no longer in production, but you might be able to find one floating around on the web.

The SD700 IS will probably take really nice images, but the catch with that model type is it probably has minimal, if any, manual controls for shutter , focus and exposure, which is what I get with the PP1 or Josh's SLR camera. The PowerShot G7 looks to be the new model that's close to mine, and it's even a few more megapixels, it's 10 and mine's 8, but I can see through Canon's site that it has manual controls and a mount for an external flash like I use. It's up to you, if you're looking to get into more creative photography and have the money for the investment, I would get the G7 or one of the EOS / Digital Rebel cameras and be sure that they have shoe mounts for the external flash if you want to get one of those later and be sure it has a mode for manual control of focus, exposure and shutter speed. If you're just looking for an upgrade to what you have that'll take cleaner, somewhat hi-res images, the SD700 should be good enough.

Wor-Gar said:
Thanks!

I do want a small camera that I can easily take on trips, etc. Something that can fit in my pocket. The review for the SD700 was pretty good on Cnet. Certainly the one Josh has is much better, but I'm also looking for convenience in size and weight.

Nothing wrong with a small camera at all. Just looking at the one you want it appears to be a really nice one. I think you'll be pleased with it just going by how much I'm enjoying my Canon. The one thing I'm not looking forward to or I should say worries me is taking mine on a trip to SDCC. So size is a factor when buying a camera for sure.

Here's a link.

Canon SD700

jlcmsu said:
Nothing wrong with a small camera at all. Just looking at the one you want it appears to be a really nice one. I think you'll be pleased with it just going by how much I'm enjoying my Canon. The one thing I'm not looking forward to or I should say worries me is taking mine on a trip to SDCC. So size is a factor when buying a camera for sure.

Here's a link.

Canon SD700

Thanks for the link. That's a great site. I think the SD700 has everything I need in a compact design. I really just want crisp pictures, movies with sound, and as small a camera as I can get. The camera I'm using now is the old PowerShot S110 from like 2001. Its a great little camera for its time, but I definitely need an upgrade.

Maulfan -- the Powershot G7 is a great camera. Heavier than I would like, but I love the attachment posibilities. But I'm not much of a photographer.

Wor-Gar another great site for digital cameras is https://dpreview.com/. They have lots of reviews plus you can do a feature comparison.

MF if you are saying the point and shot Canons are better then Nikons I will give you that, but as far as SLRs I don't think you say that. Nikon SLR lenses have been considered some of the best for a long time.

Wor-Gar said:
Thanks!

I do want a small camera that I can easily take on trips, etc. Something that can fit in my pocket. The review for the SD700 was pretty good on Cnet. Certainly the one Josh has is much better, but I'm also looking for convenience in size and weight.

Which model do you have?
The SD700IS is a great compact camera and from your statement, it seems like the DSLR Rebel XTI that Josh has may be too big and bulky for you to carry around on your shoulder all the time.

Take a look at the SD800IS as well. The 700 and 800 are great small cams however if you like a wide lens go with the SD800IS.

One big advantage of these cameras is that they have the Image Stabilization feature (IS) which helps to take better photos in low light and reducing camera shake.

I say for the prices they are right now, you can't go wrong.

If youre going to be taking a lot of night time or low light photos, go with the Fuji F30. This camera has had ground breaking reviews with its low light performance and it is very small and around the $225 - $250 price range right now.

Another thing to consider, just because a camera has a billion features and costs $5000 (i know im exagerating), doesn't mean that anyone can take great photos with it. The camera is just a tool, the photographer is what makes photos great.

If your looking , do your research, test different ones at stores, see how they feel, trust me it makes a difference. Few things you need to decide is a price range, and what you want to use it for. Also when looking look at the the optical zoom of the camera, digital zoom is basicly the same thing you do in any photo program when you zoom in and crop a photo.

Ohh and $5000 is not that big of an exageration, If i had the money I would have a $4000 camera

MF speaks the truth....

One huge thing that plagues all camera shoppers is trying to find THE camera for them.

But cameras are marketed so that not one cam has all the features that you would want. You sort of have to sacrifice some features for others that you give priority too. I swear if you do too much research though you'll just find yourself going in circles because one cam has some things that you like but also some things that you dont like....and another cam will be just opposite of that.....:monkey4

Wor-Gar said:
What -- no one wants to post pictures of their Probe Droids? Are they too insignificant? They don't really count?

Come on! Let's see your balls!

:D

I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC....

Anyhoo this is the first star wars release that I passed on. Maybe I'll regret it later but probably not too badly. I'll just sit back and enjoy all your images of those beautiful black balls as I won't be.

nash said:
MF speaks the truth....

One huge thing that plagues all camera shoppers is trying to find THE camera for them.

But cameras are marketed so that not one cam has all the features that you would want. You sort of have to sacrifice some features for others that you give priority too. I swear if you do too much research though you'll just find yourself going in circles because one cam has some things that you like but also some things that you dont like....and another cam will be just opposite of that.....:monkey4

Yup, that's how I was last year looking at new cameras. Then I saw the pics Lonnie's Camera took at SDCC. I knew then what I wanted.

I spent a lot of time comparing the Canon Rebel and the Nikon D70. Luckily I also had a friend who worked in the servie area at Best Buy and he was able to sheed some light on what they seem to get lots of returns on and why. When it came down to it I went with the Nikon, feature wise they were pretty much the same. the Nikon was more expensive but I had always heard that Nikon had better lenses then Canon, and the Canon felt to light and plastic to me. I continue to watch the latest DSLR cameras since the one feature I don't like on my camera was the frames/sec , it was good but a lil slow for good sports photography. I am getting a new Nikon D200 for two reason they have made it so it will meter using old non-cpu Nikon lenses and it has 5 frames/sec.

If you narrow it down to a few cameras I can ask my buddy what he has seen if they are Cameras they sell at Best Buy.

I can take pics of mine when I get back in town on Sunday. They got delivered the other day.

All hail Orbit's BALLS!! :monkey3

DSC00301-1.jpg

DSC00302-1.jpg

Best Bon Scott voice........

There always bouncing to the left and to the right.

I belive that my SITH BALLS should be played with every night :lol

my balls looked a little silverish through the packaging....i didnt open them yet

Back