1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking figure but due to the body he’s just not a lot of fun to pose and play around with. That final shot of him just standing there, ready to pounce, is probably my favorite so far.

E5B7CE3C-774A-4683-8146-BD8C1938700B.jpeg

906CE9D5-3094-4C8F-8F44-AE9170C75F8C.jpeg

9B72F797-CF1D-4A50-BE8B-12C8011377EE.jpeg

57AA8161-B7C4-42B6-96BB-2F46B3195574.jpeg

If I were to get this I'd have to switch the head out for one of the DX-16 heads. I'm not a fan of the included sculpt, looks too pudgy, especially on that thinner style body.

I put the TPM Maul head on there to see how it looks and it looks good. Color isn’t a perfect match but close. I’m gonna dig out the TPM yelling sculpt from storage today and try it out.

If I were to get this I'd have to switch the head out for one of the DX-16 heads. I'm not a fan of the included sculpt, looks too pudgy, especially on that thinner style body.
I put the TPM Maul head on there to see how it looks and it looks good. Color isn’t a perfect match but close. I’m gonna dig out the TPM yelling sculpt from storage today and try it out.

Jaycepticon posted a picture of the swap a few months ago. It did look good.

1/6 - Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

1/6 - Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

Last edited:
So, 1st time I ever made a complete figure with buying parted out parts. Not bad for $120.

I already had the solo lightsaber hilt, and planned to buy the TCW lightsaber (I like having the different lightsaber hilts for a figure), ungloved hands and base for my TPM Maul. So after already buying those, and remembering I had the extra head sculpt from TPM Maul I decided to get the rest (body & clothes) which wound up costing $120.

I was tempted to buy the figure as a whole, but I just don't like that Solo/TCW head sculpt at all.

Crappy lighting and phone pic

20220611_133250.jpg

Still not sure if I want his hood up or down. I have the TPM cloak on with hood up, so I figured I'd have his down.

I feel like this figure is the perfect example of Hot Toys just making a bunch of strange choices.
So, 1st time I ever made a complete figure with buying parted out parts. Not bad for $120.

I already had the solo lightsaber hilt, and planned to buy the TCW lightsaber (I like having the different lightsaber hilts for a figure), ungloved hands and base for my TPM Maul. So after already buying those, and remembering I had the extra head sculpt from TPM Maul I decided to get the rest (body & clothes) which wound up costing $120.

I was tempted to buy the figure as a whole, but I just don't like that Solo/TCW head sculpt at all.

Crappy lighting and phone pic

View attachment 582589

Still not sure if I want his hood up or down. I have the TPM cloak on with hood up, so I figured I'd have his down.
I don't recall him even having a hood with this outfit outside of a 30 second hologram.

I got this guy today and I dig him. The hood is a pain in the a$$ to make it sit right but he looks weird without it makes his neck look longer. Haven’t messed with him topless yet but I do like this figure. Here’s a quick pic.

Attachments

• D58FBB6D-CFB7-4DE7-9B1B-0734B4CA4324.jpeg
    D58FBB6D-CFB7-4DE7-9B1B-0734B4CA4324.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I opened this up to inspect and was very impressed. There was more surface detail sculpted in than I thought. It’s way more impressive in person than just photos. Can’t wait to take pictures of the box.

Oh yeah, the figure is nice too.

But man I love this box; it’s just so clever. I know it’s not feasible but I wish all figures shipped in thematic packaging like this.

Snapped a quick shot of this the other day. Wanted to do a little more with the box. So I added a red light and knock off Maul head I got for cheap.

Attachments

• erasebg-4.png
    erasebg-4.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 0
Selling Maul for a fair price pm me if interested, Only displayed for a brief time.

Back