Singapore toy games and comic convention and the hot toys scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember getting my IM mk.6 I believe. Didn't even have to queue.

Yup and what sucks is Action City knows that there is high demand for the exclusives and yet they dont come out with a proper & fair queue system. It's like they like history repeating itself, just so they can have some news/publicity.

I'd like to see Hot Toys do this to the line of scalpers waiting on Midas at the next convention:

320sw0sw7847_large.gif

I'd like to see Hot Toys do this to the line of scalpers waiting on Midas at the next convention:

320sw0sw7847_large.gif

This is hillarious. However, too bad that some real collectors were also lining up and might not getting any due to scalpers had access to more figure. I know scalpers had like 3 big boxes for himself to scalp..

I think the fact that he passed on the figure confirms he wasn't interested in flipping. Like he's stated, he's into rare figures and once he saw that these were going to be flooding the market, he felt maybe HT was a bit disengenuous and it killed his interest in the figure (and yeah, maybe it was overstated a bit, but whatever). Seems pretty believable to me.

I guess some here are just so excited by the idea of owning Midas that they can't imagine walking away from one, especially after a long wait, but if he enjoyed hanging with some friends during that time, it likely wasn't a big deal. Lastly, been a while since I checked Jediguy's collection, but if I remember correctly, he's got a lot of high-end stuff. If he spends his time between Singapore and Australia, you can assume he's got a good job and the $300.00 or $400.00 he could get for flipping Midas likely means **** all to him. Lot of douchebags in this thread, but he's not one of them, IMO.

Great post!! Full of wisdom my friend :)

This is what happened yesterday at STGCC. It's been many weeks and I've been told SEVERAL TIMES at the various Action City branches abt the Convention Exclusive Hot Toys Mark. 21 MIDAS figure. The staff told me countless times how there would be only 800 pieces available and how RARE and EXCLUSIVE that this piece would be and that was all the allocation available in Singapore.

On friday night, we collectors worked together getting updates as the queue formed. We were supposed to meet up at 3am but by 11pm it was getting crowded. We made our way down and began queuing at 1230am. By 6am we were inside the building having successfully secured our slot. I met friends who had been waiting since 3pm the previous afternoon. We were approximately no. 770 in the line.

That's when the bull**** really began. We were told that to secure our orders , we had to fill out a form and except for quick meals and toilet breaks we could should not leave the hall.

At 8am, finally the cashiers were opened. FOR THE 800 PEOPLE IN THE QUEUE, THERE WERE ONLY 2 CASH REGISTERS

Then we found out , ANOTHER 800 POs were made available . WHAT LIMITED EDITION IS THIS? Delivery 1st quarter next year. I was told repeated that " only 800 pieces available and only at STGCC" . So what 800 POs was this? 1600 released in Singapore. THE CROWD IN THE HALL WAS CONVENIENTLY NOT TOLD OF THIS . STAFF WERE SEEN TELLING THE SOB STORY WHERE DUE TO A FIGHT THE PREVIOUS NIGHT, THEY HAD DECIDED TO RELEASE MORE. WHAT KIND OF REASONING IS THIS?

IF IT IS LIMITED EDITION AS YOU CLAIM ACTION CITY AND HOT TOYS,HOW CAN YOU JUST ORDER MORE AS YOU SEE FIT? YOU MISLED YOUR FANS.

By the time my friends had made payment for their figures, it was 2pm. THEY HAD BEEN WAITING 6 HOURS TO MAKE PAYMENT. People who got the PO were also ushered into the hall .

After last year's debacle where ONLY FANS WHO BUY HT EXCLUSIVES AT THE SHOW CAN MEET THE HOT TOYS PRODUCTION CREW, I really thought that things would improve. WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED THIS TIME?

HOT TOYS AND ACTION CITY. IF YOU WANT TO SELL SUCH LARGE QUANTITIES, YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST HAD THE DECENCY TO ARRANGE PROPER LOGISTICAL SUPPORT.

ALSO HOW DARE YOU MISLEAD YOUR FANS. I AM UTTERLY DISGUSTED BY THIS.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS.

And in case you're wondering, no I gave my MIDAS spot away to someone else.

You collect toys and think it is limited edition if they keep selling 800 pieces at each toy convention? LOL

This is just a $300 figure. How exclusive can it be?

Most importantly, do you like this figure so much that you will queue 15 hours for it? You have a choice though and it is not like Action City or Hot Toys is pointing a gun at your forehead, forcing you to queue and buy.

It's obvious there will be a lot more available once US gets their orders in, the difference between 800ES and 1600ES at one toy convention makes very little difference when considering how much more will be made for the rest of the world. This is the same hype that Shadow Predator got before US got their orders in, it only seems rare now because Sideshow doesn't have it up on their website yet.

This isn't the exclusive Avenger mark VI or BD VII, this is just the typical yearly toyfair exclusive, anyone who wants one will be able to get their order in during pre-order period once it's up on SSC, then we'll possibly see even more being sold for retail at sites like Alterego and BBTS. I mean there's a better chance that these will become pegwarmers for a whole year than anything special really...

-

Last edited:
I think the fact that he passed on the figure confirms he wasn't interested in flipping. Like he's stated, he's into rare figures and once he saw that these were going to be flooding the market, he felt maybe HT was a bit disengenuous and it killed his interest in the figure (and yeah, maybe it was overstated a bit, but whatever). Seems pretty believable to me.

I guess some here are just so excited by the idea of owning Midas that they can't imagine walking away from one, especially after a long wait, but if he enjoyed hanging with some friends during that time, it likely wasn't a big deal. Lastly, been a while since I checked Jediguy's collection, but if I remember correctly, he's got a lot of high-end stuff. If he spends his time between Singapore and Australia, you can assume he's got a good job and the $300.00 or $400.00 he could get for flipping Midas likely means **** all to him. Lot of douchebags in this thread, but he's not one of them, IMO.

:goodpost::exactly:

Lots of self-righteous people on here who are too quick to judge people.

It's obvious there will be a lot more available once US gets their orders in, the difference between 800ES and 1600ES at one toy convention makes very little difference when considering how much more will be made for the rest of the world. This is the same hype that Shadow Predator got before US got their orders in, it only seems rare now because Sideshow doesn't have it up on their website yet.

This isn't the exclusive Avenger mark VI or BD VII, this is just the typical yearly toyfair exclusive, anyone who wants one will be able to get their order in during pre-order period once it's up on SSC, then we'll possibly see even more being sold for retail at sites like Alterego and BBTS. I mean there's a better chance that these will become pegwarmers for a whole year than anything special really...

-

Not true. Because SSC doesn't ship HT to Singapore anymore. So not everyone can buy through SSC. Most likely US only. That's why people queue. Action City clearly stated there will only be 800 pcs available at the con. Which was proven to be a lie.

Last edited:
:goodpost::exactly:

Lots of self-righteous people on here who are too quick to judge people.

Yep. Thats why I don't come here very often. I have friends on here who feel the same. Afew months ago, I was persoanally attacked by someone here and had no understanding why. I have noticed he does post very often anymore. I think he was banned for a while.

It was a similar situation before with the Demon Batman/Scarecrow. Long lines, expensive ebay prices - and then Sideshow can't get rid of them when they start selling on their site.

Wow so many of you are so quick to go with the OMG HE'S A SCALPER. To set the record straight, no I'm not a scalper. I do enjoy the thrill of the Hunt for rare toys. In this case I queued as I knew several collectors queuing and it was a Nice way to catch up with friends. I didn't have to have this figure but hey if I could get the opportunity to pick this one up then why not? I would most probAbly have traded it with a friend for something else but no I wouldn't have thrown it on evilbay the next day for a ridiculous mark up like what some have done.

Funny cause you did have the opportunity...
Maybe not a scalper but why come on here and ***** about the situation? Everybody should know that HT would pump these out to fill demand, why wouldn't they? Sorry that you are upset HT didnt call you and let you know you didnt have to line up, thats something theyll have to work on

Think about it. This is exactly the same situation why ladies go gaga over diamonds - artificial scarcity. Don't join the dark side. Like it for what it is.

Back