SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome work on the Freddy stuff SS! If only I had the time to make cool dios like that.:(

here's my version of Jayne. Hope you like it.

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

I certanly do !! That is one outstanding paintjob you've done on that sculpt. It brings it to life. What type of paint do you use for your works? Is it one particular brand that you use or a mixture?

Thats Freddie and Furniss is just amazing

Love looking through your thread! So pleased you set it up!

Your a great guy Nathan and the success you will have you deserve :D

I certanly do !! That is one outstanding paintjob you've done on that sculpt. It brings it to life. What type of paint do you use for your works? Is it one particular brand that you use or a mixture?

Thanks for the compliments.

I use FolkArt paint from Michaels craft stores for the base coats, and then I use translucent ComArt Colours for the shading and tan effects, as well as lips. Except for eye detailing and hair, I typical do it all with airbrush.

I guess it was late in 2008 that I first saw Nathan's custom Scar Pred on the OSW forum. I was like :monkey5, and I knew I had to have one. I contacted him via one of his Ebay auctions and asked him to make me one.

At the time, I only wanted the AVP Elder head sculpted like the one on OSW, but I requested that mine be without the scar. I was going to paint it myself.

I sent the head and quills to him. He sent me some WIP pics and asked me if he could paint it. I told him that was cool, and holy cow!!, I'm glad I let him. I also sent him the body so he could paint it to match the head.

It was in Feb or March of 2009 when I received it. I was blown away by his sculpting skills and his attention to detail. Below are some pics of his awesome Scar Pred.

He also painted my P1's armor camo and placed quills in his head. I'll post pics of that later.

I feel that Nathan is one of the most talented customizers out there.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for that testimony.:monkey2 You may in fact be the first official custom customer I ever had because of that Scar Pred.

I think I should repost all the Scar Pred pics in here now. Thanks again.

Before I do that though, I want to drop these pics off here from the Freddy thread.

Here is Reefer Shark's Dream Master now.

4.jpg

5.jpg

This one has the beefier looking blades like the FvJ version.
3-1.jpg

He also wanted a second version using the old school Freddy head. To complete the Nightmare 1 version, Reefer got a second Mezco sweater and reversed the sleeves. Amazing job! They looked great, but still needed a bit of weathering to hide the green stripes that remained slightly visible from the inside. Turned out perfect. Sorry my pics didn't turn out well on this one.

This one has the smaller, more classic blades since it based on Nightmare 1.
NOES2.jpg

The hat doesn't fit on this head unless you cram it on because this head is a bit fuller, much like the Demon head, but I didn't want to harm the paint.
NOES3.jpg

OldSchoolFreddy.jpg

BTW, Reefer, thanks for letting me keep the spare parts.:peace

Repainting the damn dreads was a nightmare the first time when I painted black around the rings. This time still sucked, but it was actually easier to spray all the dreads black and then paint the rings.

DreadsProgress.jpg

What was once an AVP Elder head was now my finest work and a much more accurately painted AVP Predator head.

Head--BeforeAfter.jpg

Head-to-BookComparison.jpg

PaintedProfiles.jpg

MugShotsForward.jpg

FullBody.jpg

GDZILLA95 only wanted me to do the head and body. He dressed him later when he got him back.
HeadBody.jpg

Repainting the damn dreads was a nightmare the first time when I painted black around the rings. This time still sucked, but it was actually easier to spray all the dreads black and then paint the rings.

DreadsProgress.jpg

What was once an AVP Elder head was now my finest work and a much more accurately painted AVP Predator head.

Head--BeforeAfter.jpg

Head-to-BookComparison.jpg

PaintedProfiles.jpg

MugShotsForward.jpg

FullBody.jpg

GDZILLA95 only wanted me to do the head and body. He dressed him later when he got him back.
HeadBody.jpg

Looking tight!

Sorry for the quality of these old photos. These were taken in bright light over my work table, and there isn't much I can do in Photoshop to tone them down. This is GDZILLA95's naked, and more screen accurately painted, Scar along side my first Scar custom that I did for myself (before I had the ADI book for color and pattern reference) which started me down this crazy path of custom commissions.

SidebySide.jpg

SidebySidebySide.jpg

SidebySide--CloseUp.jpg

SidebySide--ArmsLegs.jpg

Where once there was only one, now there are two in the world.

Two Beautifully Ugly Motherhumpers. Yes, I said 'Motherhumpers'. What? It was cool in Tremors when Kevin Bacon said it.

SidebySideBadasses.jpg

Here are some pics GDZILLA95 took of this figure once he received it and dressed it yesterday. Looks great. Wish I had this in my own collection.

100_1346.jpg

100_1342.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1333.jpg

100_1328.jpg

Kinda hard to believe it's basically the same figure as the one behind it on the left.

A Babysitter Slasher for Darth Magnus, plus a knife repaint.

HPIM7280.jpg

I put some of the old Shatner mask flesh tone into this paint job for a bit of that part 2 authenticity as well.
HPIM7281.jpg

I also raised the back of the neck from my original sculpt so that the hairline on the back of the head is higher up and more accurate.
HPIM7283.jpg

HPIM7284.jpg

HPIM7289.jpg

HPIM7290.jpg

Who knew the Sideshow knife was cast in clear plastic? I sure didn't expect that with the handle looking like plain black plastic. I'm always surprised by what I find when I undo factory work to customize stuff.
HPIM7279.jpg

I used the Alclad II Chrome paint on this one. It's the first time I've opened the $30 bottle I bought over ten years ago. This stuff is awesome. You use gloss black as a base coat and give it two light coats of the Alclad. These pics don't do it justice. This little knife looks like real metal now.
HPIM7293.jpg

HPIM7297.jpg

You really need a moving picture to show off how reflective this paint is, but you can see my finger reflected on it in this shot at least.
HPIM7295.jpg

Top stuff SilentSurfer.

Did you use acetone to remove the paint? I thought you casted that knife for a moment.

Damn SS, that looks amazing as hell!!!!!!!

Can't wait to get all my stuff man. Holy crap this is getting me excited.

Back