SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did one of Trevor's Firefly Jayne Cobb heads. It looks awesome. But I ran out of gloss for the eyes. As soon as they get glossed, I'll post pics. I've been waiting a long time to get to those Firefly heads.

Awesome work! I'll keep an eye out for the Leia pics on OSW. I'm interested in seeing how it went (I've been thinking of trying something like that)

I am a huge fan of Firefly. I am also a huge fan of Trevor Grove's sculpts. I was stoked to get in on the three existing heads, and I can't wait for the rest of the crew.

I've been seeing some good paint ups on the Firefly heads in different threads. I especially liked Small Studios renditions, and I couldn't wait to do my own. I still haven't done Mal and Zoe yet, but I really needed to see Jayne done. It was 'starting to damage my calm.'

I still suck at photography. He really doesn't look as good in these pics as he does in person. But here's my version of Jayne. Hope you like it.

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
I am a huge fan of Firefly. I am also a huge fan of Trevor Grove's sculpts. I was stoked to get in on the three existing heads, and I can't wait for the rest of the crew.

I've been seeing some good paint ups on the Firefly heads in different threads. I especially liked Small Studios renditions, and I couldn't wait to do my own. I still haven't done Mal and Zoe yet, but I really needed to see Jayne done. It was 'starting to damage my calm.'

I still suck at photography. He really doesn't look as good in these pics as he does in person. But here's my version of Jayne. Hope you like it.

6.jpg

Very nicely done! Also i appreciate you listing my work as ones that stood out to you. I really like the positioning of your eyes. I always think when the eyes are positioned off to one side it always adds something to the sculpt. :peace

Trevolver made them. These are getting hard to get I think, but he has the other 6 crew members planned to follow up in sets of three.

There is a whole thread dedicated to these in the Whedonville section. They are awesome.

OMG what a difference the Sun makes in taking pictures, especially the way the translucent paints I like to use reacts to it. They just don't come out right under florescent desk lamp light.

Here's my fave new pic, and I have to say the Sun made it turn out real 'shiny'!

JayneCobbFramed.jpg

Some others from outside in the shade and sunlight.

JayneCobb-ShadeSun.jpg

JayneCobb04.jpg

JayneCobb03.jpg

JayneCobb02.jpg

JayneCobb05.jpg

looks great! i see from your sig you do commission work? whats your time table look like?

Just wanted to drop some pics here of the Dream Master Freddy I just finished for Buttmunch.

Blades.jpg

HandandStand.jpg

TheMan.jpg

HatOnOff.jpg

TopofHead.jpg

DreamMaster.jpg

He also wanted me to repaint the Demon Freddy head so that it could be swapped onto this figure. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I think it looks awesome after all. I kinda wish I still had my Demon Freddy figure still. Oh well, he's probably cheap enough on eBay.

TwoHeads2.jpg

TwoHeads1.jpg

More Demon pics to come.

Back