SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Yes, I have had trust myself with some expensive stuff. Sometimes customizing something to make it look even better means ruining it first. I really have to be sure I know I can do the job right. Thank God for all that experience I got building and painting model kits in the 90's.

I had that PF. I loved it except for the paint apps. I ended up selling it instead of painting it because I needed the money (my good friend, darthjuan, now owns it), but I'd love to see that PF have screen accurate paint on it, even if it weren't mine.

Still got him, Nathan!!! Thanks for selling him to me. If you ever have time to paint him let me know.

Photo0273_EDIT.jpg

Just put this up on the Horror forum but thought it belonged up in the Lab as well!
Got my package today SS!! I must say your work is truly breathtaking in person. I'm simply blown away. I did a video review right away cause I just couldnt contain myself!!! Thanks again brotha!!! :rock:rock:rock

Video Review-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOSjR9JeeM

Freddy002.jpg

Freddy005.jpg

Freddy010.jpg

Freddy015.jpg

Freddy018.jpg

Darren, it means a lot when another customizer, who's work I admire, leaves a comment like that in my thread. Thank you very much.

And Darth Magnus, that video review made my day. You gave me massive props, and I greatly appreciate that. I'm glad my work went to somebody who enjoys it so much. Thanks.

Elm Street Freak, as soon as I get that Gestapo hat from you, your Freddy and your Myers head are ready to come home.

Elm Street Freak, as soon as I get that Gestapo hat from you, your Freddy and your Myers head are ready to come home.

Should have gotten it on Saturday, 4/17. The tracking said it was delivered along with the head sculpts I sent you and the Myers knife. :(

USPS.com 0309 3220 0001 0793 4841

Please tell me it went to the right house. :confused:

You are correct, sir. Just picked it up in the front office. I was in San Diego yesterday. Your jumpsuit is dyed now as well. Except for the undyable tan threads, it looks perfect.

Oh thank god Nathan!!! I was so worried. Disregard my panicked email I sent. I can sleep now.
Send me an invoice for my balance when you can.

Thanks

Nate, I really want to see a PF done by you.

I was messing around with my demon Fred and I snapped the pinky finger on the glove, I may not send him along now. I know I'm OCD enough that it will always bother me knowing the pinky is f'd. I may pick up another off ebay or something.

Amazon Machiko Noguchi Custom Concept by SilentSurfer

Here is another older piece I've re-worked time and again as better parts have become available. This picture was censored for my mod friend Wookster.
Censorship.jpg

She now uses:
- AVP Predator Shuriken blades on her spear
- Crazy Owners Ninja sword on her back
- Crazy Owners Samurai short sword on her right lower leg
- Lost Predator skirt to replace the sculpted rubber one
- Furyu AVP Alien finger hanging from her belt as trophy
- set of Medicom Boba Fett belt pouches on her belt
- Predator 1 necklace
- Chemically removed painted scar on her left cheek and replaced by a raised scar on her forehead like in the comics and resembling the mark on her helmet
- Stripped down right sholder armor
- Halfed breast plate with AVP Pred netting
- AVP Pred netting arm sleaves on her thighs
- Hot Angel ERT feet with a bit of netting
- The gauntlet blades removed and replaced with Shuriken tips to look like they are retracted
- and the latest upgrade being the use of the Resident Evil jointless arm Sheva body.

To see an un-censored thread of pics of my Amazon Machiko with her latest upgrades, go to this link at onesixthwarriors.com.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...iko-why-he-hates-photobucket.html#post1237770
They have a "mature audiences" section, so these pics won't be deleted. I also uploaded them to Flickr because Photobucket kept deleting them as well. This country is really uptight about nudity to the point where some consider a 1/6 toy plastic boob too much for kids to handle. If they are on the internet, they've already seen the real thing. Come on now...

This next Freaks thread has lots of pics of many people's Machikos, including the three variations that I've done, including this one. Despite lots of my pics being deleted by Photo-suck-it, there are still lots left to see.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46349

Here are a couple links to OSW with pics of her before her Sheva body upgrade with jointless arms that I posted on the OSW site back in the early part of '09.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...-completed-vision-amazon-machiko-noguchi.html
Also in the second thread is my Hive Hunter She-Predator Machiko in full armor with a couple test paint schemes. I'll post more pics of her in this thread eventually, but I'm thinking of a new paint scheme first.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...-she-predator-machiko-noguchi.html#post837056

Last edited:
Nate, I really want to see a PF done by you.

I was messing around with my demon Fred and I snapped the pinky finger on the glove, I may not send him along now. I know I'm OCD enough that it will always bother me knowing the pinky is f'd. I may pick up another off ebay or something.

Among my abilities as a customizer is the ability to do repairs. Many times a custom requires basicly ruining a piece in order to make it better, ie, grinding away existing detail to sculpt it back better or repositioned. Fixing a finger is small potatos. I've repaired 1/4 broken arms, and I have a lower tusk resculpt to do on the Sideshow Predator Maquette coming up. Email me.

Among my abilities as a customizer is the ability to do repairs. Many times a custom requires basicly ruining a piece in order to make it better, ie, grinding away existing detail to sculpt it back better or repositioned. Fixing a finger is small potatos. I've repaired 1/4 broken arms, and I have a lower tusk resculpt to do on the Sideshow Predator Maquette coming up. Email me.

Very true. Few years back i purchased a HT Endo fig and dismantled him to make my Battle Damaged T-800 Arnie. Really hated doing it but the finished piece made it well worth it. :wacky

This is great news, I figured the joint was just way too tiny to fix. I'm gonna shoot you an email tonite.

Here's a link to a Diamond Select 1/4 scale Wonder Woman statue, much like the Sideshow PFs, that I customized for Grumgail.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2082838#post2082838

Here are the first two posts from last November, '09.
This is my first venture into comic related customizing. Usually I do Aliens, Predators, and Horror stuff, but my friend, Mark (Drumgail) loved the mod I did to my Premium Format Slave Leia so much that he commissioned me to take on a much more challenging project.
EyesComparison.jpg

As a matter of fact, drumgail now owns this very Leia.
02.jpg

Mark always wanted to buy the 1/4 scale Wonder Woman statue, but hated the fact that they covered all the great muscle sculpting with this crappy pleather corset.
OriginalSculpt4.jpg

ww_statue.jpg

He had seen this custom done on this statue, and hoped I could pull it off.
Repaint2.jpg

Mark thought that would be good enough, but my slogan is "Good Enough Never Is".

I took off the corset to find that the muscle tone had been sanded down before the corset was put on.
NudeBody.jpg

NudeTorso.jpg

This meant that I'd have to resculpt the muscle tone, and while I was at it, I decided to go ahead and sculpt a new corset on instead of just painting it on. With the corset sculpted on, it hid the gap between the body and the belt, and allowed me to leave the cloth undies on without them looking out of place. I sculpted it to have leather-like texture, to reflect the muscle tone underneath while also looking kind of like old Roman sculpted body armor, and I wanted it to still be true to the comic style, so I made sure the boobs were well defined.

Art.jpg

CorsetComparison.jpg

CorsetTexture.jpg

The second post from Nov.
Corset.jpg

Sculpting the corset was a real trial because everything on her is permanently attached: the sword, shield, and cape. I cut the seam on the cape to get that off, pulled off the shield straps and yanked the shield off of her arm rods, and the sword was embedded into the right thigh by a square peg that came from the sheath. I thought the sword looked horrible there anyway, so I convinced Mark to let me keep it off permanently, even though he kept asking if it could back on if he wanted it to later. So I came up with a simple answer which allows it to go anywhere.

SwordMod.jpg

Removing the sword for good meant I had to fill in the hole in the leg and sand it flush. Paint matching the skin tone didn't work because I just couldn't figure out the weird yellow, comic booky color they used, so I ended up repainting all the flesh so that it matched. I am very pleased with the more realistic color, and it gave me the opportunity to liven up the face with better lips, more piercing eyes, and I even painted in teeth. She sort of looks like the Megan Fox Photoshop pics I've seen people do of her as Wonder Woman, I think.

Enjoy the pics of the now fully modifiable, custom corset wearing Wonder Woman 1/4 statue. Now it's 'Museum Quality'.

Box photo comparison.
Comparison01.jpg

Sword still looks great on her hip; actually better now that it is actually hanging.
01.jpg

I personally like it on her back the best.
02.jpg

Sides.jpg

No sword.
NoSword.jpg

No sword and no cape.
Sleek01.jpg

I try.:D

And last, but not least, here is Elm Street Freak's Dream Master Freddy.

DreamMasterFreddy.jpg

...and his Myers head and re-dyed tan Saturday Toys coveralls. Too bad the threads don't dye, but the overall color turned out pretty perfect.

HPIM7316.jpg

HPIM7317.jpg

HPIM7318.jpg

HPIM7320.jpg

HPIM7321.jpg

Back