SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Magnus's Bastard Son of a Thousand Maniacs.

1-1.jpg

GansterPose.jpg

2-1.jpg

Coming at you in Freddy vision 3-D (not really, but it looks like it).
3-D.jpg

Bastard.jpg

A Babysitter Slasher for Darth Magnus, plus a knife repaint.

HPIM7280.jpg

I put some of the old Shatner mask flesh tone into this paint job for a bit of that part 2 authenticity as well.
HPIM7281.jpg

I also raised the back of the neck from my original sculpt so that the hairline on the back of the head is higher up and more accurate.
HPIM7283.jpg

HPIM7284.jpg

HPIM7289.jpg

HPIM7290.jpg

Who knew the Sideshow knife was cast in clear plastic? I sure didn't expect that with the handle looking like plain black plastic. I'm always surprised by what I find when I undo factory work to customize stuff.
HPIM7279.jpg

I used the Alclad II Chrome paint on this one. It's the first time I've opened the $30 bottle I bought over ten years ago. This stuff is awesome. You use gloss black as a base coat and give it two light coats of the Alclad. These pics don't do it justice. This little knife looks like real metal now.
HPIM7293.jpg

You really need a moving picture to show off how reflective this paint is, but you can see my finger reflected on it in this shot at least.
HPIM7295.jpg

Awesome brother!!! So am I almost ready to go? After seeing these pics I cant take it much longer!!!!:duh

whoa! that's some new fantastic stuff you've gotten done recently! the AVPs look awesome! must've been a huge project though haha

BTW, wanted to share some pics of the REEVE sculpt that Nathan painted so well! thank you!
look at them tones!

11.jpg

9.jpg

3.jpg

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for posting those Superman pics. I wondered if I'd ever see one of my paint jobs on a built up body. Expcept for the body needing a paint match job, it looks great. Great outfit, too. I also like that my work is part of your signature. Thanks for that.

Here are some old pics I took of the first four heads I painted, one of which ended up on that figure, if I'm not mistaken. Your pics are much clearer though. Mine don't really capture the tones in the flesh.

FourofaKind.jpg

And here is the translucent cast version I painted with translucent paints for sunohc's personal collection.
TranslucentCastPaint.jpg

Here are a few other heads I've done earlier this year/ late last year before I discovered translucent paints. Still though, I love the way these came out.

My first Clint Eastwood as Blondie by Frontline of Hero Heads sculpted by Jim Maddox and cast by Lonnie Hale. This one was my first head paint commission and was for DBernard who went and put it on a figure with clothes and sold it for over $700 on eBay.
BZ6IcgCGkKGrHgoH-CYEjlLlq68ZBKoqVQB.jpg

I then painted these three at once for Dan Tanaka, an animator at the Disney Burbank Studio, who saw the first one above.
HPIM5578.jpg

HPIM5574.jpg

HPIM5575.jpg

HPIM5567.jpg

This Christian 'Bruce Wayne' Bale for Cryoguns is one of my all time favorite heads I've worked on. Dark Knight had just come to DVD, so I was into Batman again at the time.
HPIM5623.jpg

HPIM5620.jpg

HPIM5625.jpg

HPIM5639.jpg

Last edited:
Nice paint-ups SS. I'll have my Dexter and Hannibal to you as soon as my Gestapo hat comes in.

Great work.

Here are a few other heads I've done earlier this year/ late last year before I discovered translucent paints. Still though, I love the way these came out.

My first Clint Eastwood as Blondie for DBernard who went and put it on a figure with clothes and sold it for over $700 on eBay.
BZ6IcgCGkKGrHgoH-CYEjlLlq68ZBKoqVQB.jpg

:horrorThat's unbelievable! So good looking, love the scruffy look to him. Great stubble and beard. Awesome job.

And Velvet Morning's headsculpts are just as amazing too.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to painting those other heads for you, Elm St. I especially love painting heads I've never done before, and I haven't done them yet.

Here is a later Blondie with translucent paint. These pics suck, but the in-person effect was amazing. Using translucent paints, getting subtle shades and natural skin effects is much easier now.

HatOn.jpg

HatOff.jpg

Other cowboys I've painted for DBernard include Viggo Mortinson as Everett Hitch in Apaloosa and Charles Bronson as Harmonica in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Front.jpg

Tanline by specific request.
TanLine.jpg

Harmonica.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Nathan, your work is indescribably amazing. I just can't get over Eastwood...
thud.gif

Do you think you could manage finding and painting for me a 1:1 Bale on a 1:1 figure with 33 points of articulation?

23_31_4.gif

:monkey3

:lol

It was great meeting you and your GF at P!tu's party the other weekend...

-samantha
5.gif

That means a lot coming from you, Les. I have been very inspired to do such good work on my Preds because of the quality I have seen on Preds you've done. When I see figure masters like you crank it up a notch, I just have to do my best to keep pace. Thanks for the compliments.

It was great meeting you and your GF at P!tu's party the other weekend...

-samantha
5.gif

Hey, Sam. It was great meeting you, too. It's nice to know this hobby isn't just a bunch of guys. I hope to see you again soon. :D

Thank you.

And thanks to everybody who has left compliments in my thread here. I very much appreciate it. As a collector of figures, and a fan of other customizers, I really do this for you guys (and girl). It's an honor for me that lots of you have invited my talents to be displayed in your homes. Really.

Thanks to everyone. I'll keep doing my best to impress
.:peace

I would love to send you my Freddy premium format and see what you could do with it! Your 1/6 Freddys put my PF to shame :(

I had that PF. I loved it except for the paint apps. I ended up selling it instead of painting it because I needed the money (my good friend, darthjuan, now owns it), but I'd love to see that PF have screen accurate paint on it, even if it weren't mine.

It has a lot of potential, but Sideshow didn't do much with the paint apps. Really leaves a lot to be desired. And with added weathering it could be 10x better!

Well well well.... I went all this thread and it's just insane !!
I'm deadly jealous of your skillls ! And you got some serious guts let me tell you that.

Back