Silent Hill: Downpour (originally SH 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are little tidbits only......they keep saying this will have a large open area to explore. What Alan Wake promised, but ultimately did not truly deliver on.

There are little tidbits only......they keep saying this will have a large open area to explore. What Alan Wake promised, but ultimately did not truly deliver on.

There is a trade out called Silent Hill Past life that is very well done. Story by writer of game, Art by Menton3....it will somehow tie into Downpour. This 4 issue Collection is my fav comic series to date in the silent hill universe. Highly recommended by me

I'm waiting for the inevitable crossover fighting game.

shvsaw.jpg

:wave

I agree with v1101011, but I do appreciate that they're trying not to stray too far what made Silent Hill...Silent Hill. In these days when survival-horror is mutating into action-horror, I like that Silent Hill still doesnt have an over the shoulder camera, AI co-op partners and giant weapons. And that's why I'm optimistic about Downpour.

We need more of this. True survival horror is fading away, I'm afraid. More SH, Fatal Frame, and Siren please.

While its true that they haven't tried to Resident Evil the series, ie guns, ai, etc., they constantly try to play off of the town's history. The story they had for 1 and 3 was sufficient. It just feels like they're cashing in on pulling back the curtain on the wizard as opposed to coming up with a solid storyline. 2 was great because they took elements from more than just horror, ie. Blue Velvet. Again, I love the games because they aren't action junkie, adrenaline rushes. I would just like to see a well-crafted story.

It looks promising... hopefully it won't dissapoint like the others that came out recently.

New pre-E3 teaser, complete with Silent Hill theme park water slide shenanigans.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqMaTxgoCY]Youtube[/ame]

Back