Silent Hill: Downpour (originally SH 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with that guy. It stopped being "a mysterious little town" some time ago. Kinda loses some of the mystique when Silent Hill is a huge metropolis. I hated Homecoming, but at least it played it smart and didn't expand the town just to shoehorn in its narrative.

Oh and someone on another forum posted this, he was a bit worried about what would happen if Silent Hill kept expanding on it's town size (like it seems to do in Downpour):

euq8ue.jpg

:lol (map is actually from a GTA game)

The one map is awesome - pretty funny. I am a member on those sites and others pointed out that the real town of silent hill would still build up and expand, so I have no issue with the town being built up from game 1

Most of Homecoming was in another town altogether, but like a 'sister community' adjected to SIlent HILL, the town. That's changed since game 1, so I have no issue with Silent HIll going from a town in game 1, to more of a city in this game.

IF Silent hill were real, a town on the edge of a huge lake like that would be prime real estate, and would build up, so it seems logical to me

OMG, cant view at work......its gonna be a loooonnnng day....I have gotten so pumped for this...I've missed a good SH game, and this ones starting to take shape

Thanks

Kuzeh: since parts of Team Silent worked on SH: The Room, I would highly recommend that one. Its not without its flaws..

Just finished getting my 1000 on Homecoming. I enjoy that for what it is, actually. Hoping for alot more with Downpour

Just for the sake of it. Here's a Youtube link for that same track.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mEft_YLMF-8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Despite it not being Akira Yamaoka, I am really digging the brief samples of music we've gotten.

The seemingly full version of this song, found in the trailer, was delightful.

The theme music for Dexter is certainly memorable. I don't expect this new guy to be Akira Yamaoka II, hopefully he'll just try something a bit different while still sounding like SH.

:lol Even though the guy in the video clearly says "Remember this is a completely original chapter in the Silent Hill universe, so no remakes no Pyramid Head no Harry Masons", making it clear to contestants not to base their entries on previous game designs, you know that half of the entries will be Pyramid Head sculptures.

:lol Even though the guy in the video clearly says "Remember this is a completely original chapter in the Silent Hill universe, so no remakes no Pyramid Head no Harry Masons", making it clear to contestants not to base their entries on previous game designs, you know that half of the entries will be Pyramid Head sculptures.

:lol exactly.

Anybody here going to give the contest a try? I'd like to but I'm not artistically inclined. However, I suppose I could just sculpt a vaguely evil vageena-shaped monster fairly easily. Perfect for the game.

Back