Sideshow's KOTCS Indy OFFICIAL IMAGE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Old Lu

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought this should turn into the picture thread since that's what it started out as!

I got my Indy yesterday, and I must admit, right out of the box he was a bit of a disappointment. The pants were hiked up to his chest, the holster belt and whip strap seemed disproportionally large and thick and the satchel strap seemed too thin and delicate. And of course, the overall body looked squat and dumpy.

BUT after futzing with him for a bit, I grew to like him more and more.

IMG_7696crop.jpg

IMG_7734.JPG
IMG_7704.JPG

IMG_7698.JPG
IMG_7733.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG
IMG_7700.JPG

I still think the leather they used for the belt and holster is way too thick for the scale, but with some futzing it's much less noticeable. The satchel strap I just have to be very careful with. It looks like it will tear at the slightest tension. I like the new material for the jacket. It's almost too thick, but again, you can futz it so it hangs naturally. One of my sleeve buttons did not have the rivet end attached (and nowhere to be found), but you don't notice as the stem still holds the sleeve together. And I think the jacket collar on his left looks like it was stitched in the wrong place and crumples the collar a bit. But that's minor--I can fix that or ignore it.

The head does not look too big at all when in-hand, and the hat doesn't look too small either. The paint job is not great when you closely inspect it, but from regular viewing distance it looks quite good. The sculpt is magnificent and the paint does not detract at all. The joints are perfect and he holds his poses. I personally see no need to change his body.

One other thing. The uncoiled whip seems to have a shorter wire inside than the original Indy. I don't know for sure, but I can bend the Raiders Indy whip pretty much all the way to the fall. But in the Crystal Skull Indy whip, the wire ends about 3 inches from the fall. A minor nit-pick I suppose, but it's a little annoying to me to not be able to manipulate the lower end of the whip.

Anyway, I'm really happy with him but very sad to know he's the last figure of the Indy Sideshow line, just when it looked like they were hitting their stride with Henry and this Indy.

Last edited:
Re: KOTCS Indy.... in hand !!!!!

Mine arrived yesterday. I really liked it, but I knew it could be approved upon. I had a Soldier Story body for another figure that never came together. I added epoxy clay to the neck ball joint. The head popped on like a dream.

The web belt is from the DID Winstone figure. The whip is real leather; I got it on eBay. It needs to be painted. The boots are Newline Miniatures.

CustomSideshowIndy13.jpg

CustomSideshowIndy15.jpg

CustomSideshowIndy16.jpg

CustomSideshowIndy19.jpg

Here's the original figure (heightened with Winstone belt)

JMKsSideshowandMedicomfigures72.jpg

There are several more things I plan to do.

Re: KOTCS Indy.... in hand !!!!!

Well...home and right out of the box...
4346615113_8cd2a7a717_o.jpg

He's going to require some major futzing, just as he is...I'm not talking new body and all, just the clothes and such...
4346615159_3bf1aeb0af_o.jpg

...but my initial impression holds. I like him...excellent sculpt from Trevor, okay paint apps. Expression has some good attitude (and the added bonus of really working with this cold weather :lol) Clothes are a little wonky (especially the jacket...wish they hadn't tacked the collar down)and they're ill-fitting...but I'll futz and re-fit later and see how that goes...

I am a little sad that this could be "it" with this line...but I'll just continue to enjoy what we got.

4347361408_59c3571d19_o.jpg

Ill get some more shots up later...share 'em if you got 'em, folks!

Re: 1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Just out of curiosity I decided to compare the KOTCS head with a screen cap and the hat-to-head size doesn't look so bad to me. Not perfect but not bad.

screencapcomp1.png

The problem is not the side profile, it's looking straight forward the width of the hat appears to be smaller than the diameter of Indy's head.

crop1.jpg

The problem is not the side profile, it's looking straight forward the width of the hat appears to be smaller than the diameter of Indy's head.

crop1.jpg

I wish it only appeared that way. It is, in fact, narrower than the head. His head being tilted up in that pic actually makes it look better than it looks in hand, when you have him with his head facing directly forward. :(

Looks awesome, Dino! :rock How would you compare the jacket, shirt and pants to the ROTLA version? Better this time around?

Now this is on a True Type I would say it's my favourite 1/6 Indy.
As you can see in my pic the neck gives more distance between the head and the shoulders, which really stops it looking bobble headed.
Plus the pro shoulders are almost no existent which also makes the head too large.
As for the size, the head is longer because his mouth is open
The jacket is much better on this figure and the weathering looks top notch. Pants are a little better, and the shirt quality is the same as before.

picture.php

Sorry the pic is blurry, but the flash was making it look worse

Last edited:
Well, I had a chance to futz and take some new shots of him...
4349839543_4db8f6cd6a_b.jpg

While he took awhile to futz, I'm pretty happy with the way he looks...
4349839511_9cb617db80_o.jpg

I adjusted the outfit a bit...water treating the shirt and pants, adding a little girth to the waist, bringing the pants down a bit onto the hips and switching the loop of the gun belt so the excess would hang as it does on him in the film.

The shirt collar treatment is finished better than the previous version too, and while some have been complaining about the hat, I think it looks right and I like the dull finish on it as well as the fine detailing on the headband....

4350585404_7e37096be3_o.jpg

The paint apps aren't too heavy, but they are a little ragged looking around the beard/stache area if one looks too close....but the more I look at him in different lighting situations, the more I really like him.

4350585482_e14433f512_o.jpg

After being a little spoiled with all of the loot we got with the ROTLA Indy. the accessories for this version seem a little light. Just a few more movie-criical things might've rounded things ups a bit, like Oxley's note, a giger counter, a shovel (from the grave site), a Nazca blow dart gun and a travel knapsack...just a few more things to up the display options. The mask, dagger, gun clip and of course, the Crystal Skull are all well rendered though.

4350585442_d5ba5662bb_o.jpg

I glad to have this version of Indy. I'll pull the Medicom Mutt Willaims out for some more shots later, but in the meantime...hope you all enjoy these...and post yours!!

Nice pics, jedibear. And great job on the futzing--it really makes a difference. In fact, I don't think swapping bodies is really what's helping (although I don't doubt the benefit of a True Type). The act of swapping out the bodies makes people futz with the costume once the change is done, so the natural thing to do is credit the new body. But it may be just adjusting all the clothing that's really helping.

And thanks for making this a new thread!

Mine has shipped... not here yet.. until then this is waiting for him :)

IMG_7011.jpg

Can't wait to see the rig on your figure Mike! I won't have mine until May so I'll have to live vicariously through you until then...And rest assured I'll be ordering one of these sweet rigs for my figure when he arrives! :gun

I thought this should turn into the picture thread since that's what it started out as!

I got my Indy yesterday, and I must admit, right out of the box he was a bit of a disappointment. The pants were hiked up to his chest, the holster belt and whip strap seemed disproportionally large and thick and the satchel strap seemed too thin and delicate. And of course, the overall body looked squat and dumpy.

BUT after futzing with him for a bit, I grew to like him more and more.

IMG_7696crop.jpg

IMG_7734.JPG
IMG_7704.JPG

IMG_7698.JPG
IMG_7733.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG
IMG_7700.JPG

I still think the leather they used for the belt and holster is way too thick for the scale, but with some futzing it's much less noticeable. The satchel strap I just have to be very careful with. It looks like it will tear at the slightest tension. I like the new material for the jacket. It's almost too thick, but again, you can futz it so it hangs naturally. One of my sleeve buttons did not have the rivet end attached (and nowhere to be found), but you don't notice as the stem still holds the sleeve together. And I think the jacket collar on his left looks like it was stitched in the wrong place and crumples the collar a bit. But that's minor--I can fix that or ignore it.

The head does not look too big at all when in-hand, and the hat doesn't look too small either. The paint job is not great when you closely inspect it, but from regular viewing distance it looks quite good. The sculpt is magnificent and the paint does not detract at all. The joints are perfect and he holds his poses. I personally see no need to change his body.

One other thing. The uncoiled whip seems to have a shorter wire inside than the original Indy. I don't know for sure, but I can bend the Raiders Indy whip pretty much all the way to the fall. But in the Crystal Skull Indy whip, the wire ends about 3 inches from the fall. A minor nit-pick I suppose, but it's a little annoying to me to not be able to manipulate the lower end of the whip.

Anyway, I'm really happy with him but very sad to know he's the last figure of the Indy Sideshow line, just when it looked like they were hitting their stride with Henry and this Indy.

OMG Jim! Your pics really made this figure look great! Can't wait to have him in my hands! :banana

Even the way he looks on the pro is very good! Might just be a nice futzing job but I'm impressed.... still have a Narrow TT with his name on it. :D

I would trade all my GI Joe figures for a few more pieces of the Indy line any day of the week.... :(

Thanks Flosi. Futzing really makes a difference. Right out of the box I was a little disappointed. But once I started working on him he really came into his own. It's a great figure.

By all means people, change the body. But for those who may be hesitant to buy him because you don't want to go through the trouble or expense of getting a True Type, you really don't have to. If you're on the fence, get him! Some futzing will really go a long way.

OMG Jim! Your pics really made this figure look great! Can't wait to have him in my hands! :banana

Even the way he looks on the pro is very good! Might just be a nice futzing job but I'm impressed.... still have a Narrow TT with his name on it. :D

I would trade all my GI Joe figures for a few more pieces of the Indy line any day of the week.... :(

Why bother with action figures? Just go here: https://www.funko.com/

Someone quoted my profile pic already but here's another showing the front. I don't find the hat too bad at all.
Again, apologies for the pixelation. I saved the pic much too small and then blew it up again.
hatcompfront.png

I just got mine today, Indy looks great but I can't help but think this is a little bitter sweet. I am bummed the line is dead. :(

Back