Sideshow's KOTCS Indy OFFICIAL IMAGE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another look at Indy...
4352357421_38ee0609b9_b.jpg

Looks like there's still the issue of the neck colour bearing no resemblance to the head. It's not as bad as Toht, but still a distraction. I wish Sideshow would bite the bullet and start producing figures with moulded necks (although they'd still need to improve their paint applications for me to even think about buying from them again).

The whole neck treatment is the one main thing about the Pro I really don't like. If the character's outfit doesn't feature a high collar, it just looks bad.

Last edited:
Here are my contributions to the thread..

KOTCS01.jpg

KOTCS02.jpg

KOTCS03.jpg

I've swapped the body out to a narrow shoulder truetype with extra padding around the girth. I didn't really have much of a problem with the Pro - I like the way it slouches, although the deathly pallor is annoying.

The rucksack is cannibalised from two Dragon WWII rucksacks.

Very cool, Calvcade! I really like the knapsack and shovel...is the shovel from dragon too?

Here's a couple of father and son...
4354103398_a4b29bf4f9_b.jpg

4353355199_4e28b2e0e1_o.jpg

I think the Medicom Mutt looks pretty good with the Sideshow Indy...

Last edited:
Hi, yeah the shovel is the 'DiD 1/6 WWII British Michael Taylor Shovel '

That Medi Mutt looks good there, for me it's all about Indy though - I only really got the Henry Sr figure cos I needed him for my Castle Brunwald setup - so glad I did though.

KOTCS01.jpg

KOTCS02.jpg

KOTCS03.jpg

I've swapped the body out to a narrow shoulder truetype with extra padding around the girth. I didn't really have much of a problem with the Pro - I like the way it slouches, although the deathly pallor is annoying.

Looking damn fine!! I thought I had noticed that they put this Indy on that super pale colored body, similar to the one Toht had.... Lame.:rolleyes:

:lol Dude, I know. But if I couldn't give you a hard time now and again this place would be boring..... So, aside from the head and hat being large and small respectively, do you dig the figure overall?

Yeah, he's a great figure (just wish the hat was bigger/head smaller). It's really a shame that this is likely the final nod to the Indy 1:6. I just wish Sideshow would grow a pair and offered us a Sallah as a Con Ex. With the low Es, I think he'd sell out and we would actually have someone to help Indy lift the Ark. :(

KOTCS01.jpg

KOTCS02.jpg

KOTCS03.jpg

Awesome job! :horror Best I've seen yet!!!

KOTCS01.jpg

KOTCS02.jpg

KOTCS03.jpg

Wow, your KOTCS Indy looks great ... Awesome!

Also, which two Dragon WWII rucksacks did you use to make the backpack? I am willing to bet that a lot of us here would like to know.

Love the custom accessories, Cavlcade! Yes, we'd all like to know the back pack recipe! I've been trying to track one down, but none of them out there are exact.

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments.

Firstly I stripped down and then sewed up the rucksack below to make it less wide, including removing the rear pocket and reducing the size of the side pockets. I found it after an ebay search for 1/6 rucksacks.

EDIT after a search I have identified this one as a: 1/6 Toys City 6033 - M1931 Backpack.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270492374853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sorry for the confusion turns out neither were 'Dragon'

pack2.jpg

Then I butchered this one below for the straps and sliders...
pack3.jpg

Which is a 'Soldier Story Red Army Rucksack'

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190365444025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

along with that I added leather for the long closure straps on the rear flap, and for the shoulder straps.

Voila... It wasn't cheap to do and it involved lots of sewing.
KOTCS04.jpg

KOTCS05.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for all the comments.

Firstly I stripped down and then sewed up the rucksack below to make it less wide, including removing the rear pocket and reducing the size of the side pockets. I found it after an ebay search for 1/6 rucksacks.

EDIT after a search I have identified this one as a: 1/6 Toys City 6033 - M1931 Backpack.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270492374853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sorry for the confusion turns out neither were 'Dragon'

pack2.jpg

Then I butchered this one below for the straps and sliders...
pack3.jpg

Which is a 'Soldier Story Red Army Rucksack'

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190365444025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

along with that I added leather for the long closure straps on the rear flap, and for the shoulder straps.

Voila... It wasn't cheap to do and it involved lots of sewing.
KOTCS04.jpg

KOTCS05.jpg

Cavlcade,

Thanks, ordered them both already.

Your work is fantastic, I mean I really study this stuff and your KOTCS backpack looks accurate.

Thanks again for your help with this, I'm sure that we all appreciate it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. If you need any detailed pics let me know.

Back