Sideshow Yoda review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I did two Sideshow reviews in a row, but tonight I'm covering another in their sixth scale line up. It's Yoda, coming back himself for a second time around with more accessories and a better outfit!

I also have a guest review up of the new NECA quarter scale Man of Steel Superman. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review as always... I think you hit the nail on the head that for what you pay it's a great value, but if you're a return Yoda buyer and aren't planning on using the chairs then it's not quite as nice.

But still, a pretty cool figure. Although mine came with a cracked torso so I'm playing phone tag with Sideshow about getting a replacement body.

Your reviews are always very cool, but IMO would be a lot better if you could send a direct link for each review in the email newsletter. This is because after some time the reviews got buried under new ones, and even if I keep your emails after some time the review itself is hard to find directly.

Sounds about right. My eyes were even, and I like how tight the joints are. They'll loosen, but they'll still hold extreme poses. (I got him on one foot.) I wish the rest of the Pro's were as sound. We'd never have ended up with ratchet/play-doh knees if they were.

I do have one major complaint about the figure. The lightsaber blade looks like a Medicom hard candy toy. I like the old frosted sabers a lot and had this Yoda come with one, he'd be a ten (minus the useless accessories; would much rather have had Luke's camping gear and FLASHLIGHT with the first release).

I hate that Sideshow can't figure out a decent knee design for their figures. The bodies are pretty good overall, but for the life of me I can't understand how every other company on the planet seems to be able to have a functioning knee and Sideshow has gone through 3 versions.

Strangely right after they did away with the ratchet they went back to the normal knee and it was a good one. I bought 3 or 4 loose bodies and they were all solid. Then soon after they introduced the damn rubbery ones and we were back to square one.

Do the rubber knees affect the ability for your figures to stand GB? They are kind of weird, but ultimately they don't bother me because the figures I've had with them are able to keep poses and stand just fine with them.

Sounds about right. My eyes were even, and I like how tight the joints are. They'll loosen, but they'll still hold extreme poses. (I got him on one foot.) I wish the rest of the Pro's were as sound. We'd never have ended up with ratchet/play-doh knees if they were.

I do have one major complaint about the figure. The lightsaber blade looks like a Medicom hard candy toy. I like the old frosted sabers a lot and had this Yoda come with one, he'd be a ten (minus the useless accessories; would much rather have had Luke's camping gear and FLASHLIGHT with the first release).

Funny I like the Medi blades better.
I don't like the point the SS ones came too and the frosted look :lol
One right in the middle color wise would be good imo

why I can't access your site, Michael? and it's not the first time...
I used to read your great reviews, but now I can't do that anymore :(

Very good review, they are usually a guide for me when I need an expert opinion and your website is a very good source of information when it is related to figures

Do the rubber knees affect the ability for your figures to stand GB? They are kind of weird, but ultimately they don't bother me because the figures I've had with them are able to keep poses and stand just fine with them.

Not generally... just really difficult to pose. And when I checking out an unclothed one I notcied stress marks on the edges of the thigh from the rubber knee compressing. Also, one time as I struggled to get the knee to bend to where I wanted the joint I was holding onto at the time became super loose from the pressure on it... just all around a terrible design choice.

But the Pro overall is a good design and the few I have that had tight friction knees (in between the release of the ratchet and rubber) were great. Just don't understand why Sideshow is incapable of consistency in their releases :huh

Back