Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I had a new sixth scale figure! Tonight I'm checking out Wormtail, aka Peter Pettigrew, from Star Ace's Harry Potter line:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-042020a.htm

You can also find the review with the rest at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_pettigrew_12.jpg

What. The...

I'm sorry, I don't collect this line, but this just looks so terribly bad I had to comment.
Damn, this looks awful.

What's with those yellow wrist pegs? This looks very embarrassing for Star Ace. Better to release nothing than confirm they're only capable of something like this.

MC generally has great reviews. And for the most part this one is fair as well, albeit perhaps a bit generous (I would have given it a 2/4). While the figure is indeed awful looking, and Star Ace?s quality has been on a downward trajectory, this is an especially tough character to take on given the hair and outfit. That said, the foundation is there. I can certainly see a customizer taking this on and giving this a repaint; rehairing (no product can save the current Barbie hair); and weathering the outfit. I?m sure the result would be quite amazing. It would just cost another $300-$400. On the positive side, at least fans of the series will have the option of adding the character to their collections, so I do give SA credit for that.

I don?t particularly like the Wormtail character, (I only got the line because my kids grew up on HP) but in certain respects I?m tempted to get this figure to have it customized down the road.

Last edited:
MC generally has great reviews. And for the most part this one is fair as well, albeit perhaps a bit generous (I would have given it a 2/4). While the figure is indeed awful looking, and Star Ace?s quality has been on a downward trajectory, this is an especially tough character to take on given the hair and outfit. That said, the foundation is there. I can certainly see a customizer taking this on and giving this a repaint; rehairing (no product can save the current Barbie hair); and weathering the outfit. I?m sure the result would be quite amazing. It would just cost another $300-$400. On the positive side, at least fans of the series will have the option of adding the character to their collections, so I do give SA credit for that.

I don?t particularly like the Wormtail character, (I only got the line because my kids grew up on HP) but in certain respects I?m tempted to get this figure to have it customized down the road.

I've been reading his reviews for about a decade now, but his reviews for these figures have really cratered his credibility in my eyes. He makes too many excuses for these awful Star Ace figures and he takes much better figures to task on things he lets slide on Star Ace figures. Seems pretty obvious that he's getting these early to help sell them.

Even just looking at his Star Ace reviews for the Harry Potter line, the Teen Harry is also rated 3/4 stars https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-041017a.htm , and that is a MUCH better figure than this piece of ****.

That sculpt is not 3 out of 4 stars.

It's 1 star. Tough character or not, it's a bad sculpt.

Even if you graded on a curve, and only graded this against other Star Ace figures. it's still bad. The kid Hermione was a 4/4, Voldemort was 3/4, the Dumbledores are the Harrys are probably 3/4, everything else was 2/4, this and Snape are 1/4.

Personally I can't forgive the lack of missing finger. Its such a huge part of the character but Star Ace couldn't be bothered to remember it.

I've been reading his reviews for about a decade now, but his reviews for these figures have really cratered his credibility in my eyes. He makes too many excuses for these awful Star Ace figures and he takes much better figures to task on things he lets slide on Star Ace figures. Seems pretty obvious that he's getting these early to help sell them.

Even just looking at his Star Ace reviews for the Harry Potter line, the Teen Harry is also rated 3/4 stars https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-041017a.htm , and that is a MUCH better figure than this piece of ****.

Agreed. I used to read all his reviews. Respected them for being fair and well-balanced back in the day. Haven't ready any after Star Ace's first few Harry Potter figures and the BS scores for later ones.

Back