Sideshow, when you make Destro...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, thats what i imagine the classic style would look and thats why I was so unsure. I want as close to classic look as possible, but they've got to update it too. Something like a Bellstaff motorcycle jacket (no chains or studs) with a high red collar and then black cargo pants would look cool IMO.

Part cool, Part village people

...but all gay. :lol

yeah, thats what i imagine the classic style would look and thats why I was so unsure. I want as close to classic look as possible, but they've got to update it too. Something like a Bellstaff motorcycle jacket (no chains or studs) with a high red collar and then black cargo pants would look cool IMO.

Again, if they do something similar to what they did with Snake Eyes, he'll be fine.

Again, if they do something similar to what they did with Snake Eyes, he'll be fine.

I don't think spandex will work for this character like it does for a ninja. the pants would work though.

here is what I'm trying to say, here is a benjamin button leather jacket, then with crappy drawing program I altered it. sorry it looks bad. The red collar, I would do in a suede or leather, not wool. I also shortened it and took out the bottom pockets. Sorry for crappy drawing.

I saw this one at onesixthwarrior. I kinda like this one.

destro2.jpg

I dont know if anyone has seen this, if not check out this kitbash/custom Destro.(Not mine btw)

https://popprolific.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/destro/

87702910.png

Ok, I see your point about the vinyl. That red furry collar also makes him look kinda gay, almost like he's wearing a boa. That head looks cool though.

I saw this one at onesixthwarrior. I kinda like this one.

destro2.jpg

This one I like, but he looks too skinny to be Destro to me. Love that head!!

The more I think about it Destro's chest doesn't bother me as much as Gung-Ho's chest does. That guy's only wearing a vest! I gladly give up both torso articulation points for a solid good looking chest sculpt, similar to way the Enterbay BL bodies look.

The more I think about it Destro's chest doesn't bother me as much as Gung-Ho's chest does. That guy's only wearing a vest! I gladly give up both torso articulation points for a solid good looking chest sculpt, similar to way the Enterbay BL bodies look.

Agree. As long as he can grip his grenade launcher with both hands.

I'd rather have both torso articulation points, and simply deal with them.
Articulation > Asthetic, especialy in a Line Like GI JOE.

I agree that aesthetics don't trump certain things like articulation, but I think aesthetics in regards to stuff like monkey arms or other weird proportions are very important. I mean, aestheticly the female buck looks horrible for figures like the Ilum Mission Padme and it has nothing to do with providing good articulation.

IMO the pro chest works fine with a V neck destro because you see so little flesh, but I don't think its detailed and realistic looking enough for Gungho.

I'm actually in the group that prefers articulation to aesthetics I just think a torso similar to enterbay body would work better for certain figures. It's not so much an aesthetic thing as I just hate the mess that is the Pro. torso. It's got the two "ab" joints when you really only need the one and to me it just looks weird. I do like the TTs torso though, but I've been partial to that body for couple years.

Back