Sideshow Rewards Program?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swabie2424

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just reading on deathstarplans2.com that Sideshow has stated they are starting some type of rewards program where you earn points for each purchase.

I apologize in advance if I'm behind the curve here and this has already been discussed. But what exactly is this all about? Or is this in its preliminary stages?

Thanks. :D

Its something they have been talking about for around 10 months now so we'll see if it ever happens.

Not to sound terribly snarky...but they probably couldn't afford a rewards program. And if they did implement one, I could only imagine the stips that would go along with it...."When the moon and sun are in perfect alignment, and the clock strikes 12 and the dog barks twice - CASH IN YOUR POINTS!"

vespagirl said:
"When the moon and sun are in perfect alignment, and the clock strikes 12 and the dog barks twice - CASH IN YOUR POINTS!"
I guess that leaves me out... I don't have a dog. :monkey2

Batty said:
I guess that leaves me out... I don't have a dog. :monkey2

Now that would be any random dog....stray dog, junkyard dog, wild mountain dog.... :lol

You guys crack me up! :lol The sasquatch!! Thanks for the laugh :rotfl

On a serious note, anyone who has worked in a relatively large, very ambitious company (who keeps everything inhouse - from prototyping to marketing to shipping) before may be able to shed some light on the controlled chaos that surrounds the running of said business - not including new issues that seem to pop up out of nowhere on a daily basis. I PROMISE the rewards program is still in the works, and that you will be happy with it, and there are not TOO many stipulations - I'm almost positive that if you don't have a dog, you'll be okay - although things do tend to change from one moment to the next ;)

vespagirl said:
Not to sound terribly snarky...but they probably couldn't afford a rewards program. And if they did implement one, I could only imagine the stips that would go along with it...."When the moon and sun are in perfect alignment, and the clock strikes 12 and the dog barks twice - CASH IN YOUR POINTS!"

:lol

I wonder if it has anything to do with Chris? He hasn't been around much since he got married last year. :devil :D

Anywhoo, I was talking to this pink elephant over the weekend and he assures me the rewards program is coming. :elefant

Fritz said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with Chris? He hasn't been around much since he got married last year. :devil :D

Hmmm, yes, let's blame it on Chris - it's just easier that way :p

SideshowDusty said:

On a serious note, anyone who has worked in a relatively large, very ambitious company (who keeps everything inhouse - from prototyping to marketing to shipping) before may be able to shed some light on the controlled chaos that surrounds the running of said business - not including new issues that seem to pop up out of nowhere on a daily basis. I PROMISE the rewards program is still in the works, and that you will be happy with it, and there are not TOO many stipulations - I'm almost positive that if you don't have a dog, you'll be okay - although things do tend to change from one moment to the next ;)

And the myth continues with a few well scattered morsels.

I believe I saw a preview of an upcoming show in Sci Fi where they plan to try to debunk this urban legend :D

SideshowDusty said:
ACTUALLY I would think everything being in-house would speed up the decision making by not having to wait on/conform to outside stipulations and decisions.

sorry, Im just in a ball busting mood :monkey5

serisously though, I realize you guys dont have to do any kind of rewards program, so whenver it comes to fruition will be a wonderful time.

.. but in the mean time, Im going Sasquatch hunting. :chew

even weta have introduced a reward scheme called weta dollars & they are just new to the market

Weta Dollars

Weta Dollars - Terms and Conditions

1. Weta Dollars are only available on purchases of collectibles made from the 11th of October 2006.
2. The Freight component of these purchases is not eligible for this accrual of Weta Dollars.
3. Freight is not able to be paid for using Weta Dollars.
4. Weta Dollars are only are able to be redeemed on subsequent purchases of Collectibles.
5. Weta Dollars are recorded in New Zealand Dollars, and reduce the New Zealand Dollar price of your order. If you display your Order in a different currency, the 'Weta Dollars spent' may also display in that currency, and differ from the number of Weta Dollars that you you entered.
6. Weta Dollars accrue on the following basis:
10% of the value of the products purchased will be added to your 'Weta Dollars' total.
Example:purchase $500 dollars of collectibles excluding freight and there will be $50 Weta Dollars waiting to be taken off your next purchase (not able to be used for freight).
7. If Weta Dollars are used against a purchase, only the remainder of the value will acrue further Weta Dollars.
8. Weta Dollars are non exchangeable for Cash.

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:

I'd love to see a Rewards Program. I also don't have a dog so I'm a head of the curve.

Back