Statue [SIDESHOW] Madame Hydra Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [SIDESHOW] Madame Hyrda Comiquette

This must mean we are getting much better things at the con??? Trying to find a positive to this piece ;)

Well, to think positive is to think SSC as a company that does not just care about their profit. They are trying to impress their client even though that might mean some of the products are not going to be sold out. It is good for them to try different characters, when we look back a few years later, we will have to conclude, "SSC thx for creating Z list character so that it will not be, 5 Thor 6 Spiderman and 7 Ironman displaying together and I have no other options for purchase."

Well, to think positive is to think SSC as a company that does not just care about their profit. They are trying to impress their client even though that might mean some of the products are not going to be sold out. It is good for them to try different characters, when we look back a few years later, we will have to conclude, "SSC thx for creating Z list character so that it will not be, 5 Thor 6 Spiderman and 7 Ironman displaying together and I have no other options for purchase."

Yeah i have no interest in this one, but i'm all for SS trying something different.

Why is anybody saying she's 'z-list'??? Viper/Madam Hydra has been a thorn in every major marvel teams' side.

"...Madame Hydra has also had conflict with the X-Men. She first came into contact with them upon trying to assassinate Mariko Yashida on behalf of her ally and presumed lover Silver Samurai, and tried to poison the team while disguised as Mariko's unconscious maid. She once nearly killed X-Men members Rogue and Storm on two separate occasions, with Storm being nearly killed by Viper during the invasion of Khan. She also faced the New Mutants and was considered responsible for the presumed demise of Karma (Karma was only wounded and was abducted by the Shadow King for his own reasons)..."

Who can forget how she almost fried Rogue when Rogue pushed wolverine out of the way to save his life, and Paul Smith's great art from the X-Men era????

Why is anybody saying she's 'z-list'??? Viper/Madam Hydra has been a thorn in every major marvel teams' side.

"...Madame Hydra has also had conflict with the X-Men. She first came into contact with them upon trying to assassinate Mariko Yashida on behalf of her ally and presumed lover Silver Samurai, and tried to poison the team while disguised as Mariko's unconscious maid. She once nearly killed X-Men members Rogue and Storm on two separate occasions, with Storm being nearly killed by Viper during the invasion of Khan. She also faced the New Mutants and was considered responsible for the presumed demise of Karma (Karma was only wounded and was abducted by the Shadow King for his own reasons)..."

Who can forget how she almost fried Rogue when Rogue pushed wolverine out of the way to save his life, and Paul Smith's great art from the X-Men era????

Cause most people on here are Marvel n00b outside of the standard characters.

Thank you something sexy.... I may not be getting the statue but to call the evil Madam Hydra a z-list character is just ignorance of the marvelverse for sure. SS has obviously planned out their releases pertaining to the x-universe, regardless of the scale(Colossus and his baby sister Darkchilde, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm), So I am think they are doing the same when it comes to the Avengers universe. To me statue shopping is like buying a place setting, you need the dinner plate size, the dessert plate size, the cup saucer...then you dress it up with some platters and gravy boats and you have a well thought out dinner table!!!

Thank you something sexy.... I may not be getting the statue but to call the evil Madam Hydra a z-list character is just ignorance of the marvelverse for sure. SS has obviously planned out their releases pertaining to the x-universe, regardless of the scale(Colossus and his baby sister Darkchilde, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm), So I am think they are doing the same when it comes to the Avengers universe. To me statue shopping is like buying a place setting, you need the dinner plate size, the dessert plate size, the cup saucer...then you dress it up with some platters and gravy boats and you have a well thought out dinner table!!!

I believe every collector wants what they are collecting become Doom, CA and Thor PF. But to achieve the ends, SS has to try different things. I appreciate SS of trying many characters whom have been consider as less "popular" and having a weaker fan base. It is a bold move but as I have said, I would love to have options rather than, in 52 weeks they releases

10 CA (just changing the color or so so)
10 Thor
10 Spidy
10 Hulk
10 IM
20 other A list characters
5 B+ list characters

Imagine 3 years later, how many SS CA you will have base on this agenda? Picking more characters can ensure that customers have choices and it can further guarantee that the grails are grails. No company can make every piece of their work grails. (Unless they are releasing 1 to 2 statue a year) And having whatever list character, like it or not is a "necessary evil".

Well I have to say I am not a fan in comic form of CA, nor Hulk but will see the movies, and would never buy any statue nor bust of either of those characters, but I am always happy for folks who get their hero made.

Who are all these random ass females Sideshow are making now a days? Can't they atleast choose hotter obscure characters?

I don't think she is based on any specific artist, but you are right, she looks as good as any of the Brooks or Hughes' pieces.

@Eli: "Butterface"??? :dunno She looks beautiful! To each their own, I guess.

If that is beautiful then you have low standards. hehe

If its based on Deodato art...I will get it...HELL...I'll get it anyway 'cause the Marvel NoObS on this forum don't like it...thats reason enuff.

Glad SS is thinking outside of the box...meaning avoiding the mainstream characters over and over.

I like that they are trying new things. There is certainly some less popular characters I would really like to see. Besides, I have like 3k on order right now for "A" listers, its nice to have a breather.

She strongly reminds me of the Brooks Psylocke, which is a personal favorite.

Back