Sideshow has the Reservoir Dogs License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If NECA couldn't sell their $10 figures, why does Sideshow think they can sell $50+ items?

resdogslargeqy3.jpg

Awesome! I'll buy every single 12" they produce. Now, they just need to add Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill....

Wonder if we'll get a Marvin Nash out of Sideshow, or should I pick up an extra of the Palisades version?

I've seen the movie and liked it but never was interested in collectibles....especially because I have a feeling they'll be around $60 a piece before shipping.....now if they added KILL BILL that'd be a license I'd freak for....honestly the only Tarentino film I want anything collectibles from save maybe a 12" Jules and Vincent....

Time to break out this ol' Favorite:

easy_pass.gif

This is definitely the kind of line that is for the more specific buyer. I think with small editions sizes they could make a pretty good go for the figures. Also, its a lot of reuse for suits and what not.

I'm not 100% yet if I'd buy, some or all. But if they offered some sort of package deal for the 1/6 figures I'd probably go for it.

Actually the suits are mostly different and Palisades did a good job of replicating that. They're slightly different cuts and styles for all but 2 of them I think.

I agree that Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill would be far, far, far, far more interesting. But there was a market for Scarface outside of the typical collector and there might be for this one too.

As for why SSC acquires mostly tried and true licenses - go now and you can still get the Van Helsing PF and a lot of VH and Hellboy stuff. Why take a huge gamble on a new movie when there are so many "classics" out there? I think Mattel is re-thinking the whole "Golden Compass" thing right about now...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i can think of about 9,345,345 other lines i'd like to see before reservoir dogs.

One of my favorite all time movies . . .

I will be buying whatever PF they release, (would love Mr Blonde standing without his jacket on and holding a lit lighter) and even though I don't buy 12" figs I will consider breaking that rule if they look nice . . .

Actually the suits are mostly different and Palisades did a good job of replicating that. They're slightly different cuts and styles for all but 2 of them I think.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. Eitherway, these will most likely be pretty cool.

Just like Dave I also have the Palisades figures and am Pretty happy with them. I'll see what Sideshow does before I decide but I think this may be a pass for me.

I'd be interested in all the 12" Reservoir Dogs figures, if they were not a penny more than $40-$45 each. I thought the movie was O.K. (Kinda think Tarrantino's a goof) but still like it enough to pick up a few.

It’s 4th down the ball is on the 1 yard line and the hand off is to SSC it looks like a touchdown…OH NO IT’S A FUMBLE!
FUMBLELIAH! THE FANS LOSE ON THIS ONE!
SSC HAS FUMBLED THE BALL ON THESE 2 LINES!

I think this is a great announcement.

This thread is crazy. For one thing, "Reservoir Dogs" merchandise has always sold very well. It's one of those movies that is perennially-released on DVD and stuff like T-shirts and posters are constantly-popular items.

It's one thing to bash the movie itself, I think it's great but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That said, "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" are absolutely and undeniably the most important and influential movies of the '90's.

This is one of those movies that's beloved among the kind of people that buy action figures (IE: nerds, I'm one of them) so I think it's a great fit.

I'll buy all of them.

BTW, Reservoir Dogs poll is up on the main page... and Mr. Pink is in the lead?!?

Never figured him for a crowd pleaser... I voted for White.

Back