Sideshow has the Reservoir Dogs License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't miss much (in my opinion). Unless you have a thing for ears...

;)

No interest at all in this announcement for me.

Was hoping for Pirates of the Caribbean P.F. line

IMO

POTC was a great fun 1st film but after that they got too convoluted & caught up in their own self importance that they forgot to be fun

It did create good characters though

I'm kind of luke warm about this one. I love the movie, but unless you had all of them (in the walking scene) its just a bunch of guys in the same suit. I'll probably wait to see what they look like before jumping.

IMO

POTC was a great fun 1st film but after that they got too convoluted & caught up in their own self importance that they forgot to be fun

It did create good characters though

I agree. The first was the best....by far.

I just watched PotC 3 the other night. It was hard to follow at times, for sure. But, I still like it.

Even if they only did a P.F. Captain Jack, that'd be fine with me. He's one of my favorite movie characters of all time....

I'd have to disagree with that POTC was an awesome series. It ranks up there as one of my all time faves. I'm not gonna begin to say that this license was available but if I had my choice I'd go with POTC over RD any day. What bits and pieces I've seen of RD it wasn't anything special enough to make me want to buy it.

That being said I don't want to ruin anyones fun that is happy about this. SO I won't comment negatively anymore about this.

I will say its important that everyone sees the movie, the whole movie... not just bits and pieces. It really is fantastic... a bit rough in parts. But really good.

As I think about this more, I'm actually getting more interested in the figures. The idea of having a Roth, Buscemi and Keitel figures is pretty damn cool.

I will say its important that everyone sees the movie, the whole movie... not just bits and pieces. It really is fantastic... a bit rough in parts. But really good.

As I think about this more, I'm actually getting more interested in the figures. The idea of having a Roth, Buscemi and Keitel figures is pretty damn cool.

Let's not forget about Madsen!!! :monkey5:monkey5 He's my favorite. :)

Wow...could they finally be gettin around to the Happy Days line too? :monkey5
The Palisades versions were good suit fodder. This line won't be so bad if they don't rape us with the price vs what you get.

I have all the Palisades figures and ended up buying multiples of all of them when Suncoast blew them out fro $5 a piece. The sculpts on them were actually pretty good, although the paint ops left something to be desired. The suits were great and they came with a ton of accessories.

I'm not that jazzed about this license, but we'll see what they come up with.

As for Universal monsters - this is for dioramas - something they hadn't done before. Could be very interesting, although there's a ton of great classic monster dioramas in the garage kit world already.

I'll get them but I think the best part is that there will now be decent sculpts of Tarantino, Madsen, Buscimmi, Roth and Keitel floating around. For actors that have a wide range of work, its surprising not to see much in 1/6th for this bunch.

Not bad.

I like Reservoir Dogs, but I will only get Mr. Pink

Why does Sideshow mostly acquire old movie licenses and shows ?

my guess would be because theyre cheaper to aquire.

and Id much rather have an old really good cult classic license than a crappy new Prequel license any day ..... :monkey3

.. and those who think suits are boring, Id assume also dont care for the Bond or Godfather licenses for the same reason. ... :monkey1

I totally can not believe that this movie, of all movies, is getting a line.

Utterly mindboggling.

But then again I find Quentin Tarantino barely tolerable, both as a filmmaker and a human being (having had an opportunity to meet him) -- so I'm probably not the ideal audience for this.

I expected this thread to be one big WHY -- I now see the announcement actually does make some sort of sense...

Back