1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair line still looks funky to me. The neck down looks really good to me. Just the sculpt seems off to me. The face itself isn’t bad maybe it’s just the hair. I’m still on the fence about getting it or not.
Yeah the mask isn't a winner but I agree, from the neck down looks great. I plan to mess around with the mask when I get it. After an adjustment, I really liked the Beetlejuice from SS so maybe there is something to work with here too.

Yeah the mask isn't a winner but I agree, from the neck down looks great. I plan to mess around with the mask when I get it. After an adjustment, I really liked the Beetlejuice from SS so maybe there is something to work with here too.
Maybe I’ll re order when I see what people do this this guy or once more in hand pics come in. Don’t think he will sell out fast. If the hairline was correct, would have looked much better

Maybe I’ll re order when I see what people do this this guy or once more in hand pics come in. Don’t think he will sell out fast. If the hairline was correct, would have looked much better
I said the same thing about ghost face not selling out , and now I’m regretting it.

I said the same thing about ghost face not selling out , and now I’m regretting it.
There's nothing to regret. You can buy him for retail on ebay and Sideshow is making more of Ghostface. If you really wanted him, you'd buy him. This Myers and Freddy Krueger from Sideshow are the worst of the 1/6 horror figs so there's no issue in people wanting to see if anyone can improve on the poor mask sculpt. In the old days (5 to 10 years ago), a bunch of photos would've been up by now. Just shows that we're the last of a fading hobby and that sales probably aren't what they used to be in the collectors world. It isn't a bad thing to be choosy with what you buy as IMO less is more and an item should be designed accurately

This Myers and Freddy Krueger from Sideshow are the worst of the 1/6 horror figs so there's no issue in people wanting to see if anyone can improve on the poor mask sculpt.

Is the Freddy re-issue different in any way?

I've always liked the old one, though I never pored over the details for accuracy.

51313858419_1169abc380_o.jpg

I was going to stick with a representation of each of the big three slashers (Michael, Jason and Freddy), but the horror collection has started to grow.

Is the Freddy re-issue different in any way?

I've always liked the old one, though I never pored over the details for accuracy.

51313858419_1169abc380_o.jpg

I was going to stick with a representation of each of the big three slashers (Michael, Jason and Freddy), but the horror collection has started to grow.
Your collection's looking good. As for Freddy 1/6, I just don't think Englund gave them license to use his image or maybe Sideshow wouldn't pay enough for his likeness, not sure. That's what held it back from being great IMHO. I think Sideshow keeps going the "Stylized" route for their horror figures and I wish they went for more of a film accurate look. Your TOTS Myers looks much more accurate and fingers crossed that Hot Toys or Blitzway does Myers or Jason one day... you know they'd look like they came right off the screen. Sideshow's Ghost Face and Leatherface do look amazing though so at least there's that. LOL it's like crickets around here these days with new photos

Your collection's looking good. As for Freddy 1/6, I just don't think Englund gave them license to use his image or maybe Sideshow wouldn't pay enough for his likeness, not sure. That's what held it back from being great IMHO. I think Sideshow keeps going the "Stylized" route for their horror figures and I wish they went for more of a film accurate look. Your TOTS Myers looks much more accurate and fingers crossed that Hot Toys or Blitzway does Myers or Jason one day... you know they'd look like they came right off the screen. Sideshow's Ghost Face and Leatherface do look amazing though so at least there's that. LOL it's like crickets around here these days with new photos
Yea while the horror figures are not exactly screen accuracy and do seem more like a general styled of the characters, I can’t go the custom route do to money. They look good enough and only one I have had hesitated on buying is Myers because of that hairline and the unboxing vid sideshow did the mask seemed very puffy and dark like Halloween 2 dark. I’m hoping some photos show up soon.

Certainly not perfect, but from those photos, not nearly as bad as I thought. Really glad they didn't give him a bloated carbohydrate addict face like seemed to be in the original unboxing video. Going to check out the other video someone posted

Certainly not perfect, but from those photos, not nearly as bad as I thought. Really glad they didn't give him a bloated carbohydrate addict face like seemed to be in the original unboxing video. Going to check out the other video someone posted

It's really just that receding hairline that's throwing it off.

The first pic actually looks really good where you can’t see the eyes. I think it’s really the hairline throwing it off. Lower shots looks much better as can’t notice the hairline as much. It’s the above shots that don’t do well with this figure.

It's really just that receding hairline that's throwing it off.
Agreed. The hairline should have been far more accurate and I'm not sure what they were thinking. They have two sculptors in china doing all their 1/6 Sideshow designs. Maybe there's a lot of pressure on them and I hope not, but someone in the design team should have noticed the error, Anyway, night all and I look forward to more pics

The first pic actually looks really good where you can’t see the eyes. I think it’s really the hairline throwing it off. Lower shots looks much better as can’t notice the hairline as much. It’s the above shots that don’t do well with this figure.
Should look good from all angles though imo... night guys

Agreed. The hairline should have been far more accurate and I'm not sure what they were thinking. They have two sculptors in china doing all their 1/6 Sideshow designs. Maybe there's a lot of pressure on them and I hope not, but someone in the design team should have noticed the error, Anyway, night all and I look forward to more pics

It's almost as though it was intentional to avoid infringing copyright - yet it is obviously licensed. Just a very weird decision for them to make.

Back