1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the shipping notice but I ended up canceling my order. I like everything besides the mask. It’s so bloated and so off. I was really hoping I was going to like it and kept looking at final photos and I just ended up canceling. I’ll wait to see in hand pics to see if I reorder. They really need to make a new head sculpt and have a replacement program or else I see a lot of people canceling. I’m not one to usually complain about a figure when things are off but this is too far off for me.
Getting a sculpt reissue won't happen. I know a few people who work there and the big wigs said no to revisions. They wanted to revise the sculpt and coveralls color, no dice.

And between the accessory set and the base figure, ToTS gives you all the parts to essentially have 2 figures and use the Bob accessory for permanent display, you just need to get a body. Sideshow only has the option to have Myers or Ghost Bob, even if you got an extra body. You get more for your money with the ToTS figure and accessory pack combo.
After the fact though. That's the key thing to keep in mind. They're getting people for $100 more now with them cutting corners first time around. Even for $230, the overall quality is cheap. Even with tinelas blueprints, the coveralls are made trash. Sculpt by Mabry and Cain watered down because of crappy casting. Cheap bodies, terrible paint apps...not worth it in my book. At least with sideshow, you can make your own, customize if you wish, with quality made pieces.

IMG_20210828_223119_930.jpg

The first pic actually looks really good where you can’t see the eyes. I think it’s really the hairline throwing it off. Lower shots looks much better as can’t notice the hairline as much. It’s the above shots that don’t do well with this figure.
If you choose to root hair, you'll need to Dremel some of the forehead down. And check to see if the eyes are in the head correctly. Mine were off. I had to reposition them.

Received this yesteday and got him set up today. Still messing around with poses but I’m pretty impressed upon first glances.

I just recently got back into 1/6 after selling most all of my collection of a couple years ago. The only figures I have currently are the recent SS horror figures and I really like all of them so far!

0DDDE1B9-E809-44A8-9D02-BEFF80164FCB.jpeg

79FD950A-97EC-430C-AD3E-B643F6D431A1.jpeg

Received this yesteday and got him set up today. Still messing around with poses but I’m pretty impressed upon first glances.

I just recently got back into 1/6 after selling most all of my collection of a couple years ago. The only figures I have currently are the recent SS horror figures and I really like all of them so far!

View attachment 536372

View attachment 536373
I did the exact same thing. Had close to 100 figures. Now I only have the new Jason, Michael, and Leatherface. The are much better than the old figures imo.

You all got me to cave and order this figure. I don't collect horror per se but Halloween is my all-time favorite movie in the horror genre and this Myers looks really good in the photos you all have shared. I'm not concerned about the hair line and some other inaccuracies as this will be a good enough representation of the movie, character and genre on my shelf. Should be here later this week!

In what way did you re-dye the coveralls? Different color?
Stripped the color with Rit Dye color remover. Mixed about 1/4 cup green and bright yellow acrylic paint with some water, shook it, added about 4 cups hot water, to that and two spoons of Rit Royal blue powder dye with salt and a squirt of dish soap. Stir it up really well, throw the coveralls in for about 5 minutes. Rinse in cold water squeeze dry, do not wring. Place the coveralls in between some paper towel to get excess off, let air dry.

After all my b@#ching and complaining I caved and ordered. Sideshow wins again lol. I'm relieved he looks much better than I thought and no bloated carb face mask

WTF Sideshow did not properly light him in that unboxing video. That sculpt is great minus the hairline but no biggie after all... egg on my face after all my complaining. Great pics

WTF Sideshow did not properly light him in that unboxing video. That sculpt BLOWS TOTS AWAY... egg on my face after all my complaining. Great pics
Yea, no

It still looks nothing like a Kirk mask. I picked this figure super cheap and will be displaying him as ghost Bob.

Back